Chapter 1 - Opened

A World Awakened

Chapter 1

Dazed his chocolate eyes roamed the walls before him, faint auras crossing paths with one another, creating a world of color before his eyes. Sniffing he could taste each flavor, define each being and feel each shiver this knowledge brought to him.  Inhaling shakily his hands unconsciously gripped the arm of the chair tighter, eyes straying to the window. Absently he watched a leaf flutter on the window, landing on the pane it shimmered. Gaping Donghae watched a being stumble on the sill, it’s wings fluttering before it caught sight of the gaping boy. Spreading into a bright smile it’s red lips curled over tiny pearly teeth before winking.  Eyes growing wider he watched it’s small body shake in mirth before it waved, skipping down the pane, small translucent material flapping in the wind. Shaking his head vigorously he craned to look further out the window, unsure of his own sight. A soft, bitter laugh rumbled in his chest at the thought of doubting. It was a little late for that now. Not after what had happened. Biting his lips, faces flashed before his eyes. Faces filled with disgust and horror where love had once been.

 “Now,” The slender man before him began, interrupting his reverie, “If you will come this way then I will show you to your classes.”

Numbly the boy turned to him, eyes uncomprehending. “I am sorry sir.” He said softly, blinking several times. “Could you repeat that once more?”

Sighing the man folded his arms, the manila folder containing Donghae’s information dangling from one hand. Eyes regarding the boy in soft pity he leaned against his desk.

“Are you ready for this?” he asked kindly.

Sadly the boy’s large eyes looked at him. “Am I supposed to be?”

A thin smile stretched across his cheeks. “Yes.”

“Then I guess I am as ready as I will ever be.” Donghae chuckled dryly, fingers grasping the arm rest of the chair tightly once more. A soft crackle of wood was heard as the thin fibers began to splinter.

An arid chuckle emanated from the man’s chest as he shook his head, eyes roving over the boy before him. “Don’t break the chair boy.” He chuckled softly. “You have yet to control yourself.”

A humorless laugh escaped Donghae’s thin lips, his hands immediately releasing the rest at the realization. “Sorry about that.” He said stiffly, standing to his feet.

“It’s fine.” The other man replied, attempting a warm smile. “I just think Hyorin would kill me if another set of furniture got broken.” Shaking his head he huffed slightly. “So,” he continued, glancing down at the folder, then back at the boy. “What do you say we take a tour of the school?”

“Ok.” He shrugged emotionlessly, following the other out the door. Absently his mind barely registered his surroundings.

“Hyo,” the man called over his shoulder when they exited the office.

“Yes Mr. Lee?” A dainty voice called from behind.

“I am going to show the new boy around, if anyone calls for me let them know I’ll be back.”

“No problem sir.” The woman replied sweetly.

Catching the eyes of the boy beside the principle a young girl assisting the secretary winked. “Hey there handsome.” She purred, sauntering up to the pair.

“I hope you’re talking to me.” The man stated, eyes narrowing slightly.

“Now why would I talk to an old geezer like you?” she taunted eyes never leaving the boy.

“Suit yourself.” The man scoffed off-handedly.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she demanded head whipping to look at him, hands on her hips angrily.

“He’s dangerous Eunjin.” The other shrugged simply.

“Oh~” she purred slightly, looking at the boy from under lashes. “I like dangerous.”

“Not this kind.” The man replied reassuringly, rolling his eyes at the woman. “Donghae let’s go.”

Gaping Donghae looked at the girl, eyes blinking rapidly. Shaking his head he tried to disperse what he saw. Peering close he saw the small pink aroma that filtered over her. Her ears were slightly pointed and he could swear he saw a garland of leaves gracing her head. Her once normal skin now appeared translucent. Biting his lip he shook his head, sure he was hallucinating. The woman’s flesh appeared to ripple with water, a silken gown fluttering about her as if caught in the wind. Thin, elegant membranes extended from her back, shimmering under the light her wings seemed to prism the light in the room.

“Did you hear me handsome?” She asked, tilting her head to the side curiously. Yelping he leapt back, heart racing when he looked into vivacious eyes, the silver iris glowing as the pupil slit in a reptilian way. Tilting her head curiously silver hair rippled over her shoulder.

“Donghae!” the man’s voice demanded.

Looking back he caught the eyes of his principle, finding his heart calming. “Yes?” he breathed softly.

“Control yourself.” He demanded, “Not here.”

Nodding his head he turned to see the girl again, her skin a soft rosy pink and her hair a normal shade of thick brown veiling her shoulder as she knelt before him. Worriedly her almond eyes searched his. “Are you ok?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he replied weakly, scrambling to his feet he stumbled back to distance himself from the girl.

“Are you sure?” she asked reaching out to touch him.

Shrinking away from her touch he felt himself run into the principle.

“Eunjin,” the man said evenly, “I think it’s time for you to get back to work, Donghae come with me.”

Nodding the boy quickly exited the room, casting a look over his shoulder, shivering wide-eyed when the two images seemed to merge.

Watching them go the girl tilted her head curiously. Biting onto her nail she hummed.

“Did I perhaps emit to much?” she pondered softly. Shrugging her hands fell to his side. “Oh well.” She shrugged indifferently, “Just one more chocolate for valentine’s day I suppose.” Humming to herself she straightened her shirt. “He was cute though.” She smirked to herself. Turning she heard the bell chime, her lips curling seductively she gave her most disarming smile. “Why hello Gorgeous~” she purred softly when she saw the figure step inside.

Ϣ

Following Mr. Lee, Donghae continued to look behind him, mind reeling with what he say\w. “S-she was a sprite?!” he spluttered softly.

Sighing dejectedly the Principle halted, looking at him before pulling him aside into an empty auditorium. “Yes,” he said softly, kneading his temples, “she was a sprite. We do have those here.”

“You saw?” Donghae asked incredulously.

“No.” he said softly, running his hands over his face tiredly. “I don’t have that ability.”

“Wait, what?” the other asked, eyes wide in confusion. “What do you mean? Don’t you all-I mean don’t we all have that ability?”

“No.” Mr. Lee sighed softly, “and it is important that you don’t let anyone know you do unless I tell you other-wise.” The man said softly.

“Why?” Donghae asked, watching his principle while his eyes lightened, a faint glow emitting from him. Subtly his ears grew as he tilted his head; His sky blue eyes scanning the darkness. Sighing he looked back at the other. Taking in Donghae’s large eyes he quickly apologized, morphing back into is human form.

“Wh-what the..”

“I had to make sure nobody was listening.”

“What? Why?” Donghae asked mind reeling with the last 24 hours.

“Donghae, listen.” The man said softly. “Everyone here is made of what everyone calls legends. We are human yet we aren’t. We allow people to see us as they feel they must, as one of them. Our identities are hidden and they need to remain that way. Each student has a card telling what they are. Other than that nobody knows unless we openly change. Now, around here many students will. They enjoy the freedom amd they are allowed that. But, you are the only one that can see them for who they are without shifting.”

“Wha, but I thought everyone could?” he asked stupidly.

“No.” the man repeated calmly. “Just you.”

“Bu-but why do I have to be different?” he whispered softly. “Even here.”

Chucking dryly the other man griped his shoulder. “Everyone here is different. It’s why we are here. People will just fear you is all.”

“Why?”

“Well you see-,” suddenly a large crash sounded and a man went flying through the wall. Worriedly Donghae wondered if the man was alright, a silhouette of feathers glowing over the young man’s body as he stood. Shaking his shoulders he shook standing as he charged through the wall. Eyes widening Donghae quickly retracted his thought. It wasn’t a man but rather a griffin. Screeching angrily it’s call echoed about the auditorium.  Donghae and the Principle covered their ears as it surged past them. A large shatter of glass and another thump and this time the griffin went flying through the wall, a rather colorful Achiyalabopa breaking its fall. Angrily the Griffin rolled from the Achiyalabopa, the other’s angry tail feathers tearing the curtains of the auditorium apart, it’s blade like wings shredding the material. Shrieking they tore after whatever was pursuing them through the hole. A hefty crash and thump signaled another wall breaking.

“I’m going to kill them.” The Principle murmured darkly under his breath, pushing Donghae aside as he forced himself from the room. Eyes wide Donghae rushed after him, running into the other’ back as he stopped short. Eyes growing wider he watched as several boys, flanked by a mass of students slowly circled a slender figure. Shuddering Donghae was reminded of wolves preparing for a kill: Quivering he saw an Adlet and Werewolf amongst them. Looking at the principle worriedly, Donghae saw the other’s pensive gaze.

“Sh-shouldn’t we stop them?” he asked worriedly, the other party’s mystical images glistening through their human forms. Shuddering Donghae noticed the Griffin he had seen ripple and take on its natural form clamber through the new hole, the Achiyalabopa hovering just outside the windows..

Heart leaping he rushed forward only to be caught by the principle.

“Idiot!” he harshly chastised. “Can’t you see that boy?” he demanded, eyes flitting towards the encircled blonde.

Stunned Donghae looked at the boy, his head still down, demeanor calm yet anticipating. Eyes wide he felt his own heart race at the other’s calm. He was freaking out just from watching but the boy simply stood, hands limp at his side. Snarling the Adlet took form, the wolf soon following suit. Snapping at the other’s heals the boy didn’t even flinch.

“I don’t get it!” Donghae exclaimed in panic, looking back at the Principle. “He’s just a human! How can you let him alone in that?!” he demanded, voice rising in his own panic.

Eyes wide Mr. Lee looked at him stunned. “Him? Normal?”

Nodding his head vigorously Donghae tugged on his arm, “You have to save him!”

Stunned the other shook his head, firm hold on the other’s shoulder. “Watch.”

“But-”

“Just watch this normal boy of yours.” he stated calmly, voice void of other emotion.

Eyes wide Donghae turned back to see the Adlet lung for the boy’s throat. Covering his mouth to prevent the shriek that threatened Donghae watched the other’s head snap up red eyes venomously regarding the other. Stepping to the side his hand chopped down on the canine’s neck, the other’s body going limp with a simple whine. Angry the wolf lunged to avenge it’s fallen brethren, only to receive a solid kick to the ribs that sent him flying through the window, crashing into the Achiyalabopa, both spiraling to the ground. Shrieking in anger the other’s rushed him, each receiving a deathly blow as the other gracefully danced about them unscathed.

Mouth gaping Donghae watched as each creature was sent through a piece of the building, bloody and bruised as they angrily came back for more.

“That normal boy of yours is going to destroy my school.” Mr. Lee stated darkly.

“Then stop them!” Donghae exclaimed, worry now for the other party.

“You think I want to die today?” he asked calmly, brow arched demandingly.

“Bu-but he’ll kill them!”

“It’s their fault.” Mr. Lee shrugged casually. “They knew who they were going against.”

“But they are your students!” Donghae exclaimed, eyes never leaving the fight as the blonde danced lithely amongst his attackers, a blow never landing on him.

“My school is better without idiots like those.” He replied casually. “Oh, it should end soon.” He simply stated, looking at his watch.

“How do you know?”

“It’s almost lunch time.”

“And?”

“He hates missing his meals.” He stated simply.

As if on cue the Griffin and the Achiayalabopa rushed the boy, tangling in a frenzy of wings and limbs he sent them flying back into the auditorium the sound of crashing wood, bending metal and crushing instruments ringing in the air.

“Dammit, he’s paying for that!” Mr. Lee exclaimed, rushing through the doors back into the auditorium. Looking back Donghae saw the other’s shrink from the blonde uncertainly, eyes shifting towards the gaping hole. Biting his lip Donghae quickly followed the Principle inside. Cursing loudly the two creatures were flailing about the stage, desperately trying to untangle themselves from the metal, wood and cloth that they had destroyed. Groaning the principle covered his face in horror.

“Have you had enough yet?” A voice called coldly. Head whipping around Donghae felt his head spin as he saw the small blonde that lounged in one of the holes made by the pair. Lazily his left arm and leg dangled over the edge, his right leg bent to rest in the crevice, his arm casually slung over it. Lazily his head lolled against the mortared wall. Morphing down into its human form the Achiyalabopa’s tanned skin glimmered with sweat. Glaring angrily his head tilted towards the boy.

“Not until you have morphed half-breed.” The others accented tongue demanded, his raven hair reflecting the light much as his feather’s had.

Chuckling drily the other’s head lazily tilted in his direction, crimson eyes glowing dangerously. Arching a brow he looked at the griffin as it slowly shrank, returning to his human form. “I thought I told you that was a bad idea?”

“You just can’t.” the other sneered, sloppy auburn hair falling messily over his brow.

“So you say.” The blonde stated simply, inspecting his nails in boredom.

“Your worthless.” The Achiyalabopa sneered. “You’re not even beast!”

“I do believe if we want to be politically correct we are creatures aren’t we?” The blond queried in uninterest. “That Elf Ryeowook would cry if he heard that.”

“I don’t believe you can morph!” the other exclaimed indignantly.

“I don’t ever recall caring what you believe.” He stated simply.

“You don’t belong here with us! A half breed is nothing compared to us!” the Griffin exclaimed hotly.

“Define us.” He replied, head leaning to rest on his propped knee, crimson eyes rippling dangerously. “Go on.” He coaxed, voice silken and dangerous. “I’m waiting.” Cruelly his lips curved over his teeth, the sharp edges drawing from his mouth. Shuddering Donghae felt fear skitter down his spine as the other’s squirmed. Hopping from the ledge the other neared the duo stealthily.

“Are you referring to yourselves?” He sneered softly, feet gently padding towards the duo as they shrank from him fearfully. “The full bloods that can’t even handle a half breed that has yet to morph? Tell me,” his voice glided over them hypnotically, “What were you going to do with me if I had morphed?” Taking a long piece of the Achiyalabopa’s hair his fingers ran through it, drawing their faces inches apart, his razor fangs glinting in the small light. “Hmmm?”

“Y-you shouldn’t be here.” He stuttered softly.

“Y-you should leave.” The Griffin insisted eyes wide and helpless as his companion looked at him fearfully, returning to the other’s crimson gaze.

“I don’t think that is for you to decide.” The principle interjected coldly, deciding that it was time to interrupt. Shuddering Donghae felt the other’s crimson eyes turn towards them. Hopefully the duo’s fear filled eyes turned to their new rescuer.

“Release them.” He stated calmly.

A low growl emitted from the blondes throat. “I don’t want to.”

“Unless you feel like repairing this?” Mr. Lee offered calmly, hand gesturing towards the tattered building.

Eyes slowly roving over the damage, the blond threw the man by his chin, standing back his arms crossed haughtily. “You’re lucky Leeteuk showed.” Looking at the Principle his eyes narrowed. “It wasn’t my fault.” He stated simply.

Sighing the man shook his head, rubbing his temple. “It never is.”

“Glad you understand.” The blonde replied simply.

Stunned Donghae looked at the boy and his principle, eyes wide and mind reeling.

“Recognize sarcasm.” Mr. Lee stated drily.

“I recognized it, I just ignored it.” He shrugged indifferently. “Am I going to have to clean this up?” he all but whined, crimson eyes slowly dimming into a warm amber.

“No.” the principle stated coldly. “They are.” He replied, eyes narrowing at the two students attempting to slink away. Freezing their swollen faces looked at the principle in horror, cracked lips protesting. “And so are their accomplices.”

“Bu-but Mr.Lee!” the Adlet objected, red head peering through the wall, flanked by the werewolf, bruised and bloodied face whimpering. “We can barely walk because of that half breed.”

“I can fix that.” The blonde offered freely.

Yelping the wolf and canine retreated behind the wall.

“If you would have left him alone then it wouldn’t have happened.” Mr. Lee stated calmly, catching the way they glared at the unaffected blonde. Sighing he shook his head. “If you like I can leave and let you continue?” he offered coldly. Yelping they all sped from the room when the blonde leered at them eagerly. Watching them go the principle shook his head, looking at the blonde that approached them.

“What do you want Jungsu?” he demanded coldly.

“You destroyed my school.” The other stated coldly.

“At least I focused on the windows this time.”

“Oh how considerate.” The principle scoffed.

“I thought it was.” The blonde shrugged, grinning devilishly.

“Wha-what is going on?” Donghae squeaked, eyes wide; standing straighter when the boys gaze landed on him.

“Who’s the mouse?” he demanded.

“His name’s Donghae, he’s new here.”

Arching a brow he looked at Donghae curiously. “What is he?”

“A Vampire.” The principle stated simply. Curiously Donghae’s eyes flitted towards the principle at his simple answer.

Leaning close Donghae stepped back as the blonde smelled him curiously. “Doesn’t smell like one.”

“He’s only just awakened.”

“Ah,” the blonde scoffed, stepping back his slender fingers looped through his belt loops. Curiously his eyes regarded the boy. “I bet that was interesting.”

“I guess you could say that.” He mumbled, shuffling his feet under the blondes scrutinizing gaze.

“Got a blood lust yet?”

Head snapping up he looked at the blonde in horror. “I thought that that was a lie!”

Raising his brow the blonde looked at the principle curiously. “What have you told him?”

“Nothing really.” The principle responded.

Looking at the boy he reached for a silver medallion, lips curling sardonically. “See you’ve got him restrained.”

“That’s my school id!” Donghae objected, grabbing the necklace from the other angrily.

“You haven’t told him .” The other dead panned, eyes looking at the principle accusingly.

“He wouldn’t have listened anyway.”

“He deserves to know what is happening to him.” The blonde objected angrily. Eyes wide Donghea watched the two in curious fascination.

“He already knows.” The man sighed softly.

“Why’s that?”

“His case is a bit difficult.”

“And the rest of ours isn’t? You can’t just know what the hell is happening to you. You know that it has to be explained properly, no matter how shaken up you are.” the blonde demanded, drawing towards the principle curiously. “What aren’t you telling me?” he demanded.

“We can finish this in my office.” The principle reprimanded, looking towards the students that were watching them curiously.

“What about seeing the school?” Donghae protested, unwilling to be in a smaller space with the dangerous blonde.

“Thanks to Hyukjae here, there isn’t much left.” Leeteuk scoffed.

“It’s Eunhyuk.” The other responded darkly. “And we can discuss it here.”

“If you call me Jungsu, I will call you Hyukjae.” The other smiled condescendingly. “And no, we will discuss this in my office. Unless,” he added staring at the boy contemptuously, “You prefer not to eat.”

Glaring the other’s stomach rumbled as if on cue. “It better be a dam good lunch.” He growled lowly.

“Oh shut-up.” The other rolled his eyes. “You will get your milk.” Looking at Donghae he smiled reassuringly. “Let’s go back to the office, Hyukjae here can show you what’s left of my school later.”

“Why me?”

“Because I said.” The other deadpanned, turning to leave. “Come along.” He stated, professionally, so that the other sudents might hear. “We have bussines to attend to.” Looking up into the gaping holes he caught the eyes of the students. “As for the rest of you, don’t you have somewhere you should be?” Leaping they all scrambled towards their own destinations, embarrassed at being caught.

“So,” Eunhyuk asked, looking at Donghae curiously. “What has he told you of this school?”

“Well, nothing really.” Looking at the principle he saw the skeptical brow. “Well, I mean, not that I remember.” He amended quickly. Sighing softly as the other nodded their head in approval.

“What do you know?” Eunhyuk prodded.

“Well,” Donghae said softly, “The monsters in the fairy tales are real and I’m one of them.”

“Hey!” Eunhyuk objected indignantly, grabbing the boy from the shoulder. “We are not monsters! We are different that is all. We are no more monsters than the humans. The only monsters out there are the ones that use their abilities to harm others. Humans have their monsters and we have ours. The one who descides what you are is you!”

Eyes wide Donghae looked at him, Eunhyuk’s amber eyes flecked with red, angered breath ghosting over his features.  nodding his head slowly, refusing to look up. Releasing his arm Eunhyuk rounded on Leeteuk. “What bull have you been feeding him?” he demanded.

“It wasn’t me.” The principle stated indifferently. “You should know that.”

“Then his family.” Eunhyuk growled lowly.

“They are not of our kind. Donghae was abandoned and raised by humans. This is the first he knows of our world.”

Eyes wide Eunhyuk looked at the gaping boy, emotions flickering through his smoldering eyes. “Oh.” He stated simply.

“Yeah,” Leeteuk scoffed, rounding the corner with them. “Oh is right.”

“Then how did you find him?” Eunhyuk demanded.

Looking at Donghae cautiously Leeteuk seemed reluctant to disclose the information.

“My family called me in as a monster.” Donghae whispered softly.

“One of our own heard it over dispatch and got there before everyone else.” Leeteuk said softly.

“And he brought me here.” Donghe whispered softly.

“Do you know where here is?” Eunhyuk asked cautiously.

“Um, location wise?”

“No.” Eunhyuk stated, rounding to stand before the boy as he reached for the handle to the office, ignoring the warning look from Leeteuk. “I mean do you know where they brought you?”

“Um, a school?”

“Yes a school.” Eunhyuk breathed.  “A school where people that aren’t normal live. Those students you saw, they aren’t human. None of us are. We are the creatures that their legends speak of. We are alive and we are real. Each of us awaken at our own time and have abilities that fester on their own. As we grow we will learn to control ourselves and conform to the world of the humans.”

“Yeah,” Donghae whispered. “Like the X-Men.”

“Yeah,” Eunhyuk scoffed, planting his heads on either side of the boys head. “Like the X-Men. Only bigger, scarier and much more real. In this world there is no cure. We are what we are. We aren’t mutants but our own races. Our bloodlines and our race tell who we are and what we are. The type of creature we are determines our own importance. A pure bloodline is prized above all. You are a Vampire, so you are of a nobler race. Elegant like an Elf but deadly like the Wolves. Each race has their own abilities and hierarchy. We do not mix and we do not thrive on the lives of humans. There are codes to learn and paths to follow. We have our own legends and the funny thing about legends,” he leered, eyes glimmering coldly. “they seem to all have a basis of truth in this world. So listen to them. Believe them and don’t ever, ever morph until you know you can control yourself. Do you understand me?”

Nodding his head Donghae swallowed at the other’s intense words. Eyes wide and mouth dry at the penetrating stare.

“Eunhyuk,” Leeteuk warned, eyes narrowing in disapproval when the other looked at him coldly. “You’re scaring him.”

Scoffing Eunhyuk looked back at the boy trapped between his arms. “Am I scaring you?”

Biting his lips Donghae was unsure of whether or not the question was rhetorical, opting instead to just stare at the other with wide eyes. Chuckling coldly Eunhyuk’s arms dropped to his side, “Good. That fear will keep you alive around here. You’re fresh meat now.”

“Actually.” Leeteuk interrupted, clearing his throat. “I was hoping that you might be able to help him in that department.”

Arching a brow Eunhyuk slowly drew from the boy, looking at the other skeptically. “Me? Help him?”

“Yes, I was going to suggest you be friends.” The other said cooly.

“He’s new, that’s bad enough.” Eunhyuk scoffed. “Besides I don’t need a hindrance in my life.”

“He would be safest with you.” Leeteuk responded.

“You call that safe?” he demanded, pointing down the hall towards the auditorium.

“That was simply a case of stupidity on their part.” He stated.

“That happens daily.”

“He thought you were normal.”

“So what?” Eunhyk scoffed. “He’s new to this world, he’s going to think everyone is normal.”

“Not necessarily.” Leeteuk replied.

“I’m not taking him.” Eunhyuk dead panned.

“It wasn’t an offer.” Leeteuk growled.

“I wasn’t negotiating.” Eunhyuk retorted.

“You have no choice.”

“Leave him with me and he’s dead within the week. You know that.”

“You can take care of him.”

“I take care of myself. That’s it.”

“You’re taking him.”

“I. don’t. want. him.” Eunhyuk growled, each word pronounced carefully.

Fuming the duo looked at one another challenging the other’s resolution. Looking between the two Donghae felt like a piece of unwanted luggage being handed off between two rivaling men. Leaping in terror he felt the door pull away, the pretty sprite from earlier peeking out.

“Um, sorry to interrupt Mr. Lee.” She objected, eyes flitting to Eunhyuk nervously. “But you have an important call on line one.”

“Can you take a message for me.” Leeteuk commanded.

“Um,” she answered nervously, shifting her feet. “It’s, um Ms. Sora.”

“I said take a message.” He stated coldly.

“Yes sir.” She mumbled, sending Donghae a flirtatious wink before ducking inside.

“Shouldn’t you take that?” Eunhyuk leered.

“She’ll take a message.” Leeteuk responded.

“Are all sprites like that?” Donghae shifted nervously.

“No, just the water sprites.” Eunhyuk scoffed, glaring at the other. Eyes widening he slowly stiffened, standing to look at Donghae critically. “Wait, how did you know she was a sprite?”

“Don’t answer that.” Leeteuk demanded.

“S-she had a badge.” Donghae lied nervously.

“No,” Eunhyuk said softly, head turning slightly to look at Donghae from the corner of his eyes. Rippling his skin slowly glimmered, ears tapering as his eyes began to glow a golden color. “Eunjin doesn’t wear a badge. None of us do. We carry id’s.”

“Sh-she changed?” Donghae whispered, fear rippling through him.

“Eunjin hates changing.” Eunhyuk scoffed, “She only does so rarely.” He dead panned softly.

“Leave him alone Eunhyuk.” Leeteuk demanded, reaching for the other’s shoulder. Snarling angrily Eunhyuk wrenched his shoulder from the other. Turning his golden gaze on Leeteuk.

“What is he?” he demanded, voice dangerously low.

“I told you.” Leeteuk tried impatiently. “He’s-”

“Don’t!” Eunhyuk growled, voice loud and commanding. “Do not lie to me. He is a half breed like me! I can smell him!”

“Hyukjae-”

"What else is he?” Eunhyuk demanded, head whipping to look at the cowering boy.

“That doesn’t concern you.” Leeteuk began reaching to separate the wide eyed boy from the rapt gaze that held him.

Suddenly Eunhyuk began to laugh, the sound sending chills down Donghae’s back. Head back Eunhyuk’s cold laughter echoed down the hall, silencing any movement. Head coming back to its normal position Donghae felt his heart skitter in fear, the golden iris’s flecked with crimson regarded him in contempt. Thoughtfully his tongue roved over his teeth, eyes colder then Donghae had yet seen.

“No wonder you thought I was normal.” He scoffed, “You can’t see me.”

“Wh-what do you mean?” Donghae whispered softly.

Scoffing Eunhyuk looked at Leeteuk in disdain. “You didn’t tell him did you?”

“Tell me what?” Donghae demanded softly.

Laughing coldly his eyes regarded Donghae in hatred. “You’re a Keeper.” He stated coldly.

“A what?” Donghae asked in confusion.

“Why don’t you tell him?” Eunhyuk offered the other coldly. “After all you’re the one that brought a half breed for a half breed.”

“Eunhyuk.” Leeteuk’s voice demanded, a pleading undertone ringing in the other’s ear.

“Fine I’ll tell you.” He leered, leaning close to Donghae as he shrunk away, fear and confusion welling in him. “Keeper’s are the ones’s that keep this world in check. They are what keep us human and keep human’s from knowing of us.” Laughing coldly his face drew inches from the other’s. “Which makes you a half-breed. Just like me.” Snorting contemptuously he drew back. “Except, unlike me, your not an abomination.”

“What do you mean?” Donghae whispered.

“He didn’t want you to be my friend.” Eunhyuk scoffed, looking at Leeteuk as he shuffled nervously, shame casting his eyes about the room. “He brought you here to retain me.”

“What do you mean?” Donghae whispered, mind reeling. Eyes pleading for understanding Leetuek’s posture begged for Eunhyuk to understand to listen.

Eyes hooding contemptuously Eunhyuk looked at Leeteuk, meeting the eyes of the other hatefully.

“He brought you here to kill me.” Eunhyuk stated emotionlessly.

             

A/n: Alrighty! *rubs hands* what do you think? Is it alright? O.o Hope you enjoyed it. As you have noticed, I am drawing on all of the mythological creatures I know about. I want it to be different. lol Plus I do love mythology. The Heirarchy of each shall be explained later. If you are curious as to what something is I don't mind answering. Lol Or you can look it up. Some of these creatures are pretty awesome. lol Hope you enjoyed!! ^_^ Be sure to comment!