Chapter 1

Past and Present

 

 

The cell the guards had thrown me in was filthy, and disgusting. I was told it was a luxurious cell for those special to the queen. It was just a dirt floor behind rusty old bars. I was so hungry that it was almost painful. The only food they had offered with a moldy piece of bread. I'd rather starve. I felt exhausted, but it was hard to sleep with sounds of people being tortured by the guards for disobeying. I was finally starting to nod off until the cell door slammed open unexpectedly.

 

“The queen demands your presence!” The guard bellowed, and lifted me into the air by my scalp. I wailed in pain, but was slammed against the brick wall in response. The pain was so great, a single sound couldn't escape from my throat. It was their harsh way of telling me to shut up, I suppose. Fighting back wasn't even an option, my wrists were still bound by heavy chains. I was carried away from the dungeon up countless flights of stairs into a large fancy bedroom. I was thrown on to a bed upon arrival, and landed on my stomach.

 

“Oh! You're here huh?” She sat down besides me on the large red canopy bed with a smirk plastered on her face. She looked so proud of the power she had over me. I wasn't impressed one bit. I'd have to assume if she didn't have those guards working for her she'd be powerless. I jerked against my constrains, and growled at her. She simply laughed, and hovered over my body. Her hand reached for my pants, and yanked them significantly lower than before. I bucked her off in hopes she wouldn't continue.

 

“What do you plan to do to me?” I scowled. She luckily pulled away, but then pushed me over so I was laying on my back. I didn't expect when sat down on top of my hips. I tried to buck her off again, but she wouldn't budge this time. I winced uncomfortably upon feeling her slender fingers the newly exposed skin from my lowered pants. I glared at her in disgust, but she continued her exploration of my body.

 

“ Quite a bit. Let's get to know each other more before we move on to the next level hm?” She winked at me. This woman was really getting on my nerves. Judging by her previous behavior she was serious too. I was never planning to lose it to a slave owning queen.

 

“I don't want to get to know you! Let me go now!”

 

“You can leave, and stop being my toy at anytime you wish. Of course then I'd have to kill you, and I really don't want to do that.” She looked so devious upon saying it, especially because I really didn't have a choice.

 

“Damn you.” I gritted my teeth together upon feeling her my cheek nonchalantly. I wish to push her away, but unfortunately my hands are still chained behind my back.

 

“Tell me your name.” Her tone changed from playful to scarily serious. She looked almost angry. I felt as if I had to answer or something would happen to me.

 

“It's Soojung.” I muttered lowly under my breath. She seemed to have heard me because she nodded.

 

“I'm Queen Jinri. Now tell me where you're from.” Her voice was still carrying a demanding tone. I felt oddly intimated. I hate to admit it, but I felt dominated.

 

“California...”

 

“I've never heard of that, but it doesn't matter now. This is your new home. You're mine now.”