Prologue

Past and Present

 

Prologue

 

I kicked, and struggled as much as I could, but I couldn't escape the clutches of the armored soldiers. They had bound my wrists with cold, and heavy chains. All I wanted was to get them off for they were cutting into my wrists, and it it was quite painful. The soldiers pushed through a large decorated door, and threw me on to the ground at full force. I winced in pain, and saw the feet of someone on what looked to be a throne. I was about to attempt to get to my feet until I was lifted into the air by my hair. I screeched, and jerked around to get free. I saw the person sitting on the throne, a woman looking disgustingly amused by this.

 

“We finally captured her your majesty!” The knight said proudly, and dropped me back on to the rock solid ground. I felt the wind get knocked out of me that time, and I struggled to gasp for air. I felt so weak, and defenseless.

 

“Ooh about time.” I heard her chuckle like this was a completely normal thing. I growled lowly, and glared upwards at her. I saw her smirk.

 

“Let me go!” I practically screamed, and I felt a foot kick me into a kneeling position. I attempted to get out of it, but my head was pushed into the ground by someone stepping on it.

 

“On your knees! Bow down to the queen!” The knight demanded, and stepped down harder on my skull. I couldn't but squeal, and was surprised when the woman pushed the knight off of my head. I felt momentarily grateful, but it didn't last long.

 

“Such interesting clothes you have there. Where are you from?” Her hand touched the fabric of my jacket, and reached downwards towards my abs. I felt extremely uncomfortable whenever I felt her fingertips tracing the outline of my abs. She could see the discomfort in my face, and pulled her hand away with a vile looking smile.

 

“She must be a foreign spy my lady!” The knight said in my place when I didn't respond. I wasn't a spy! I didn't even know where I was! I was suddenly into a whole different time period, and captured suddenly.

 

“Let me go!” I bellowed, and peered upwards at this supposed queen. She placed her hand upon my cheek, and caressed it slowly making me shiver. It was creepy, and I felt a chill shoot up my spine while she did so.

 

“I don't think so. I'm going to make you my new toy.”She laughed, and my face twisted in anger. How dare she think she could play around with me like that!

 

“What!? You can't take away someone's freedom like that!” I clenched my teeth together, and struggling against the bindings on my wrists once more.

 

“How dare you disrespect the queen like that!” I saw the knight come over with a sharp looking weapon in hand, preparing to strike. I winced, and prepared myself for pain. Much to my surprise nothing happened. I opened one eye to see the 'queen' pushing it away before it could crack down on my skin.

 

“I like them defiant. It's more fun. Take her away.” I was lifted into the air once more, and the doors that we had come through before had been reopened. I had no idea where I was going to end up now, but I knew that I had to escape.

 

“Let me go!” I shouted once more, and kicked around with all the energy I had left.

 

“Struggle all you want, but you're not getting free of those chains.” The queen said with a smirk. The doors to her room closed, and I was carried down a spiraling stair case into a very dim lit area. I could hear the sounds of people crying, and screaming in pain. I was in hell.