Teaser 1: Idle chit-chat

Bloodline: A Race for the Key {Closed}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Well now, what do we have here?"

       A smirk crept on Hyorin's purple coloured lips as she watched ones and zeros fly out of from the computer screen in front of her, casting a bit of white light on her face inside the dark unlit room. The digits danced for a second before whirling into a shape of a woman; clearly resembling the just-turned-legal female laying down in the machine just behind Hyorin, only with unkept hair, shaper sullen eyes, and a rather nasty expression. Her coffee brown eyes sparkled as the ones and zeros danced once more; showing a small abandoned house surrounded by tall trees and a small well outside.

"Encrypted?!" Hyorin hissed when the digits aligned once more and a red "ERROR" flashed on the computer screen. She quickly hovered her hand in front of the screen; a virtual keyboard formed along her hand's tracks. Hyorin quickly typed in commands from the back of her head, hoping to crack the code, but the red "ERROR" continued to flash across the screen.

"That's enough for today," someone said behind Hyorin and she quickly held her hands up.
"Geez you're so" -- she searched for the word -- "unendevorous."
"Is that even a real word?" The newcomer walked up to Hyorin and pushed a button on the console; causing the machine behind them to beep.

       The machine -- the infamous Animus -- didn't look so sophisticated, Hyorin thought. It looked as if it was simply a big console no larger than an average person; as if it was just another rendition of Quibus' oh-so-famous Mood Makers; those beds that detect your happiness level through simple analysis of dopamine, serotonin, and the other chemical which she couldn't pronounce, then adjusts everything you've calibrated to the bed in the room to match a certain mood (sometimes even emitting a certain amount of nicotine and pheromone-stimulants). But this man wouldn't have a machine as useful as that in his bedroom. In fact he probably wouldn't be half as enthusiastic as he was when the Founder presented the Animus to him. Nope, not one bit. Which is the difference of the Animus and the Mood Maker, Hyorin noted in her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter