The Devil Met Her Angel

The Devil's Angel

 

met

 

“Miss Jessica, you are strictly not allowed to go out. Chairman Jung strictly prohibited you and Miss Seohyun from leaving the house.”Kangin, Chairman Jung’s assistant, insisted as he tries to stop Jessica’s outrageous escapade. But no one can stop Jessica from leaving this time. Despite of being the eldest of the two daughters of Korea’s most powerful businessman, she never let her dad locked her off the world and to order her around and because of that she was regarded as the Jung’s black sheep. Jessica’s reputation as the Jung’s black sheep never stops her from doing what she wants and no one can get along her way.

 

“I’ll be back before the clock tick’s twelve,” and with that she hopped on her yellow sport’s car and rush out of the Jung’s mansion.

 

She doesn’t like clubs, parties, beers, anything around the spotlight but everything that her dad hates, she’ll love it. “What took you so long, we’ve been waiting for half an hour?” Yuri asked once they spotted Jessica.

 

“Security reasons…dad’s becoming tighter these days. I had to exert extra effort.”Jessica answered before gulping a glass of wine. “Hey, slow down, the party is just about to start.” Tiffany popped out with a bottle of tequila in her hand. “The club is busy today and so we’ll just escapade somewhere else. Those guys over there are inviting us to their place. What do you think? Should we go?” Sunny pointed at the group of guys sitting on the corner of the club. Jessica studied them before answering, “I don’t like the way they carry themselves, but I won’t stop you guys if you want to join them.”

 

Before any of her girlfriends can reply, one of the guys approached them arrogantly. “So, would you like to join us girls, we will rock your world tonight?” Jessica took a sip of her tequila before she stood up, “I’m out of here…these guys are not worth my night but then I won’t stop you if you still want go with them.” She was about to leave when another guy from the group grabbed her by the hand, “Hey, you’re being a little bit rude missy, I hate it when a hot chick like you agitate me.” The guy tightened his squeeze on Jessica’s hand. Jessica smirked as she jerk her hands from the guy’s grip , “You think you can jolt a girl with that nasty mouth of yours. Go to hell!” and before the others can respond, Jessica grabbed a glass of wine and poured it on the guy’s face.

 

“Who do you think you are…you little brat..” The guy was about to hit her when a sound of a gun stunned the whole club. Another shot of a gun and the club went into chaos. Jessica took the opportunity to bolt out as she pulled her friends with her. “Let’s get out of here before the situation got even worse.” But when they were just meters away from the club’s exit, another shot was fired. “Oh my God…Jessica!”

 

 

“Oh my God…Jessica!”

 

“Is…she…dead?”

 

“Changmin, don’t…you’ll be a part of her if you do that!”

 

“It’s the only way to save this human’s life.”

 

 

Blood, there was a stream of blood flowing within my veins. My headache worsened but my body felt somewhat better, how long have I been unconscious. I opened my eyes just to be met by another pair of dazzling eyes. “It’s about time you wake up, Miss Jessica.” He smiled as he helped me sat up. “How long have I been unconscious?” I uttered weakly for every word I speak adds pain to my already aching head. “Another 3 days after you pass out last time. Can you still remember what I told last time?” He asked as he sat at the end of my bed.

 

“No.” I muttered, “What was it and…where the heck am I?” I raised my voice an inch to cover up my reservations and to build up my old authoritative self. “and, who the heck are you?”

 

The guy smiled, no, he smirked but there was gentleness in his face, “I guess you totally forgot what I told you last time.” He stood up and started pacing back and forth, “shall I tell you right now, I don’t think you’re in the good condition to hear….”

 

 

“Enough, just tell me right now! N.O.W, right now!” I guess that was too much, but I hate being kept in the dark and I want to go home badly, I missed my bed and….I miss my sister, not to mention that I’m a bit worried a bout her too.

 

 

“Don’t worry, you’d be home soon, and about your sister, she’ll be fine.” He gave me this heartwarming smile as he took a step closer to the end of my bed attempting to sit once more. “Hold it and step back! How did you…did you just read my mind?” It was absurd but I felt it, that strange force.

 

“I did.” He answered candidly, like it was just typical to read minds.

 

“That’s absurd…how can a person read other people’s mind. Not unless you’re not…” I bit my lower lip before I can add another ridiculous thought to my already messed-up brain.

 

“Human?” he sustained the thought for me. He once again smiled that enthralling yet angelic smile which has this unique force which is so compelling.

 

“Of course, that’s ridiculous…You’re obviously human, angelic in a way…but…” he smiled half-through my talk…don’t tell me he’s really reading my mind.  “This is absurd…and stop smiling like that…you’re scaring the hell out of me.”

 

He stopped smiling as he succeeded in limiting the space between us. He was now sitting just few feet away from me which gave me the opportunity to take a clearer glimpse of him. He has a brown hair long enough to cover his ear and to touch his jaw line nevertheless short enough not to touch nor reach his shoulders and the shade was darker than my dyed blonde hair and seems to be natural. His brown eyes dazzled with the shade of his hair and his crooked red lips made his smile more alluring.

 

 “Did it scare you? I thought it’s an enthralling yet angelic smile which has this unique force which is so compelling?” he smiled as the words in my thoughts came out on his own mouth. The idea that he’s actually reading my mind started to creep me out and I found myself gripping the edge of my bed.

 

 

“I’m sorry if it creep you out…just tell me to stop and I won’t do it.” He leaned into an invisible wall just to make sure he can have a nicer view of me. “Why do I have to ask you to stop…why can’t you just ing stop it…” Great, I’m starting to curse again. I bit my lip once more to stop myself from crying.

 

 

“You have to…you have to ask, no, command me to stop. It’s innate for us to read human minds and only those human who have a portion of our blood can stop us from doing so. And you, Miss Jessica…have a portion of my blood which gave you the power to command and control me, conversely I, too, have the same control over you.” The idea his pouring into my mind stunned me…I was so preoccupied that it took me minutes to realize that I was already gripping his hands and that’s he’s closer to me than I thought.

 

I close my eyes and I let him respond to my grip. It’s not long until I felt the hot tears falling from my eyes. I was already crying and my body started to shudder. “I miss my sister…and my dad.” He suddenly let go of my hands and he leaned forward to wrap his arms around me. It’s ironic how I feel incredibly safe with him when he openly declared that he is not human.

 

 

“I’ll protect you Miss Jessica…I promise.”

 

 

I buried my face into his chest as I continue to burst into tears. Who are you? What do you have to do with my life?

 

There was a fleeting silence before I felt his warm breath just above my ear…

 

 

“I’m your angel…your guardian angel.”