How Could He?

Paradise with You

 

 

Chaeri stood there, remaining rooted to the ground. She dropped her umbrella unconsiously as she stayed frozen under the heavy rain with her eyes wide open in disbelief as she watched her boyfriend, Nam Woohyun with another girl together under the same umbrella, hugging each other. The girl then gave him a kiss on his lips which made ChaeRi's heart sank.

 

How could he do this to her? Wasn't she good enough for him?

 

All these questions kept playing on her mind. She was traumatised by the incident she saw that she didn't even move a muscle. Tears started strolling down her cheeks as she started to breakdown. She was now standing alone under the heavy rain, with no umbrella drenched from head to toe.

 

One of the kind passer-by stopped by and pulled her into the umbrella. She was then brought to the bus-stop which was the nearest sheltered area they could get. ChaeRi then snapped back to reality.

 

"What were you trying to do out there? You're going to catch a cold if you stand under the rain for long. Are you okay?" The woman asked.

 

"Neh, nan gwenchana... Kamsanmida ahjumma." She thanked the lady with her shivering voice.

 

ChaeRi was in no mood to do anything at that moment. She then decided to take the bus home and made up her mind to settle everything with his boyfriend tomorrow.

 

 

--- THE NEXT DAY ---

 

She rang her boyfriend up and asked him to meet up at the usual place, the park; it was where everything started and where Woohyun confessed his love for her.

 

"ChaeRi-ah, palli maraebwa. What is so important that you want to tell me? I'm in a rush right now..."

 

 

*BWOH?! Chaeri? He has never called me by my name before eversince he was my boyfriend.*

 

"Oppa... Do you love me?" Woohyun then gave her a stare and looked surprised by the question. He hesitated for a while before answering her.

 

"Ah, wae? Of course! I'm your boyfriend." By the way he was speaking, ChaeRi could sense that he was feeling nervous.

 

"Then look me in the eyes and tell me that you love me." Woohyun swallowed hard as ChaeRi continued glaring at him, waiting for him to say those 3 simple words that could change everything. After a solid minute, ChaeRi decided to speak up.

 

"You can't do it, can't you? Tsk. You can't. It's because you don't love me at all. You have another girl by your side now."

 

Woohyun's eyes widened when he heard what ChaeRi said.

 

*How did she find out?*

 

Tears then started flowing down her cheeks.

 

"Oppa... We were in love. We were happy back then. You loved me and I loved you. But why are you like this? Was my love not enough for you? I loved you, cared about you, worried about you like a crazy person and this is how you pay me in return?"

 

Woohyun was slowly processing what ChaeRi was saying. He was literally dumbfounded.

 

"Oppa, wae?! Wae ireoni?! Maraebwayo!" ChaeRi then started hitting her boyfriend's chest. Woohyun stopped her and grabbed her wrist, gripping tightly.

 

"Oppa, let go! It hurts!"

 

"The reason why I have another girl is because of you. Because of you! You're too plain, boring and simple! Do you know how much I hate this kind of girls?!"

 

ChaeRi was too surprised to hear Woohyun's comments about her. She was crying even more when she knew what her boyfriend thought about her.

 

"Then, oppa... All those promises you made didn't mean anything to you at all?"  ChaeRi waited for an answer but Woohyun just looked into her teary eyes. He wanted to say something but everytime he tried to speak, nothing comes out from his mouth. He then let go of his grip.

 

"Geurae... They don't mean anything to you don't they? Fine. But just remember this, my promise for you is still valid. I can't live without you by my side do you know that? Fine, I'll leave."

 

With that, ChaeRi left Woohyun standing alone, lost. He then felt guilty for saying those things to her. With that, he left the park, thinking how to make it up to her.