You idiot

All Because of Strawberries

 

“YAH. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU LITTLE ER.”

His head snapped up to see a teenage boy with dark wavy hair, instead of the little old lady he expected. Eyes widening, Jonghyun held the strawberries to his chest, and quickly rushed out of garden, but the other boy was too fast for him. The boy had grabbed the hose, turning the water on, and sprayed the almost-runaway with ice cold water. Jonghyun tumbled to the ground, in surprise. In addition, he dropped the armful of strawberries onto the concrete and let them scatter across the sidewalk; some rolling onto the side of the street.

The boy dropped the hose onto the brick porch steps and stormed towards Jonghyun. Grabbing the collar of the student’s soaked shirt, the boy fisted the fabric tightly and shouted, “What the are you doing, you imbecile?!”

Jonghyun was stunned. For one thing, this boy had totally shocked him with the hose, and second, he was strangely...pretty.

“I-I didn’t–it was a d-dare!” he stammered.

The pretty boy only scoffed, rolling his eyes. “Like that’ll make anything better, you idiot.” The boy paused for a moment, his lower lip. “What is your name?” he asked, with an annoyed tone in his voice.

“J-Jonghyun..Kim Jonghyun...”

Letting go of Jonghyun’ shirt, the boy straightened up, pursing his lips. “Listen, Kim Jonghyun,” he said, emphasizing his name. “Do you know how much time some people put into gardening so they can grow these fruits and vegetables you see here? Well, guess what? I don’t ing grow them here because they’re simply pretty or whatever the you guys are thinking. I don’t grow them so morons like you can just take them for an afternoon snack.”

Jonghyun felt deeply guilty. Ah... you, Choi.

“I’m r-really sorry, sir...I’ll grow you another strawberry bush to make up for what I took..” Jonghyun said, quietly.

“Yeah, you better be sorry, you blockhead,” the boy retorted. Pausing, he stared at the ruined bush that was nearly all wilted. “You better be here tomorrow at 3 pm sharp with your own strawberry seeds, alright?” He smiled mockingly, and crossed his arms.

Jonghyun nodded sharply. “Y-yes, um...sir...?”

The boy’s scorning smile immediately left his lips. “Call me Key,” he simply stated, and he his heel, leaving Jonghyun helpless on the ground.

Once the door was slammed shut, Minho hurried across the street and stood at his best friend’s side. He glanced at Jonghyun once, and burst into laughter. “You idiot,” Jonghyun muttered.

Minho’s laughing died down, and Jonghyun got up, shivering in his wet shirt. “Well...that was totally worth it,” Minho said, still holding his stomach.

“I hate you.”

Minho chuckled again and ruffled Jonghyun’s wet hair. “That kid’s pretty cute, don’t you think?” Minho simply commented.

Jonghyun hit Minho’s arm.

a/n: enter diva key. c’8