Dare

All Because of Strawberries

 

“C’mon, dinosaur-face, we gotta get to the library,” Choi Minho stated loudly, trying to speak over the voices of his best friend and another girl, who he was obviously trying to flirt with.

Minho waited for a moment, and then smacked the dinosaur-boy’s head. “OW! What the was that for?!” the dinosaur-boy, Kim Jonghyun, cried, averting his attention to his taller friend.

Minho only sighed, in frustration, and then placed his heavy calculus textbook on the table. The girl stopped speaking for a moment, glancing up at Minho. She stood up, slinging her messenger bag over her shoulder, and walked off. Right when she had left, Jonghyun shot up, sticking an arm out as if to reach her. “Wait, Krystal, I–CALL ME,” he cried after her.

Once the girl disappeared from the slightly busy patio, Jonghyun huffed. “You are an , Choi,” he retorted, hitting Minho’s arm. “You idiot. I was about to ask that chick out, and you totally had to ruin it.”

Minho only shrugged. “She didn’t really fit you, to be honest,” he told Jonghyun.

Jonghyun only made an angry hiss from between clenched teeth. “You .”

“Alright, alright, I get it. Let’s get going to the library already, okay?” Minho said, tugging on Jonghyun’s white school button-up, which was presently untucked and hanging over his hips; entirely against the school’s dress code. His tie was equally disheveled.

Jonghyun groaned in distaste. “Agaaaain? You read too much, nerd,” Jonghyun said, jokingly, as he leaned his head back.

Minho shook his head and grabbed the strap on Jonghyun’s backpack, dragging him out of the school patio. “YAH. LET ME GO, YOU FROG!!” Jonghyun shrieked, his eyes widening very unattractively. (Minho even wondered how girls even allowed him to even flirt with them.)

“Ah...shut up, dinosaur.”

The rude banter was exchanged for awhile as Minho continued to drag Jonghyun along with him down the sidewalk. Jonghyun tended to speak quickly and get off-topic as he spoke, as if he were given an extra coffee today. “You’re sooooo annoying, Choi. I can’t imagine how your sweet little eomma even can stand you. She’s quite nice, actually. One time, she gave me cookies after school when we were in–I believe second grade? Yeah, yeah, in second grade, right. She told me to share some with you, but I didn’t, haha. Oh yeah, and then..er..oh, and how are you so awkwardly tall? You’re like a giraffe–”

Minho just zoned out, not even paying attention to what the older boy was even rattling off about. Even as they were already halfway down the block, Jonghyun hadn’t even stopped talking. “Oh my god, shut up, Kim. You really don’t shut your mouth, do you,” Minho complained.

Jonghyun finally his backpack out of Minho’s grip, and straightened up, brushing his shirt down. “Nope,” he replied, grinning. Minho sighed. As he looked ahead, he spotted a small white house that was familiar.

“Hey, Jonghyun, you see that white house there with the garden?” Minho said, breaking Jonghyun’s (very short) train of thought.

“Huh? Yeah. What about it?” Jonghyun looked up, interested. Great, he could finally distract the stupid kid with something.

“I dare you to go get ten strawberries without the owner of the house noticing you,” Minho concluded.

Jonghyun beamed with interest. “Okay!”

Little did Jonghyun know that the simple task would become something entirely what he did not expect.

a/n: Short chapter is short.
More of like a boring prologue. orz
Hoped you enjoyed it. o uo/