Chapter 2: Who's DinoJi?

The Dating App

 chapter two 

 Who's DinoJi?

 

________________________________________

 

Within forty-five minutes, the program has already given me about fourteen matches. I thought I had a more complex personality than that but whatever, the more matches, the more people I could talk to. I started talking to a few of the people who were online at the moment. For a second, I was beginning to think that they just paired me up with any random body. The first guy, or should I say kid, was obviously still in middle school. The second guy couldn't speak English or Korean. I believe he might have been Arabic. Yea, it looked like Arabic writing. And don't even get me started on the first guy. Hu tlks lyke this anymor3?!

 

I was just about to exit the app and scold Tiffany for recommending this junk when a guy who wasn't even one of my recommended matches suddenly messaged "Hi." I looked at his profile and saw that he was only a year younger than me and was from Seoul as well. I stared at the screen thinking to myself if I should see if this guy was worth my time, or continue my original plan with Tiffany. He messaged another hello, seeing if I was still there, before I finally responded.

 

H.Lina said on 9:21 PM 11/19/12:

Hi...

 

I don't usually sound awkward but I'm just not used to the whole find somebody online and fall in love thing. I waited a good three minutes before he introduced himself and told me his name was Kim Jiyoung. Nice name, I thought to myself. I looked at the time on my phone, noticing time was steadily ticking away and I haven't even thought of what I was going to say. I could already see the conversation heading south in all of its awkwardness.

 

He replied again asking for my name. Stupid, why didn't I think of that? I was so close to telling him my real name but I was able to catch myself before I tapped the send button.

 

DinoJi said on 9:29 PM 11/19/12:

That's a pretty name.

 

I smiled at this compliment that didn't even belong to me, but to the real Hwang Lina, if there even is one. However, I still accepted it as my own and thanked him, telling him his name was nice also.

 

 

 

DinoJi said on 9:31 PM 11/19/12:

Aw well I have to go for now. Will I be able to talk to you later?

 

He, wanted to keep talking to me, later? Even after this boring conversation? Can you even call that a conversation? And didn't we just start talking like what, twelve minutes ago? Whatever. I shrugged and puffed my cheeks out as I messaged him that I might have some time tomorrow. He replied saying he would be busy most of the day but might have some time around 9 PM again. We said our byes and logged off the application.

 

For some reason, I felt this anticipation for tomorrow. We only talked for twelve minutes. Twelve freaking minutes, why the heck was I waiting to talk to him again? What if it's another twelve minutes for tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that. That still won't be enough time to make for a decent conversation. Or...maybe we might actually have more time tomorrow? I know I didn't have any plans for tomorrow since it's an off day for me and I was just going to spend it by napping and eating. Maybe just maybe he didn't have any plans either...right? And then instead of napping and eating I could actually do something productive. Would this even count as productive? Anyways, after pondering this thought, I put my phone on the charger and buried my head in my pillow, getting ready to continue my interrupted nap.

 

"So, did you meet anybody yet?!" Tiffany, once again, bombarded her way through the door with a towel in her hand to dry off her damp her.

 

I grunted loudly in annoyance and she just chuckled. "Can I sleep in peace, just once? And I guess I met somebody. His name is Kim Jiyoung," I mumbled, still slightly annoyed.

 

"Oh. Well, why aren't you still talking to him? Don't tell me you scared him off Sica. See this is why - "

 

Tiffany!" I immediately stopped her before she started ranting. I laughed softly and sat up straight so my voice wouldn't be so muffled from the pillow, "I did not scare him off he was busy so he had to go. We made plans I guess to talk later."

 

"That's good! Do you know anything about him yet? What does his profile say? Is he cute?!" She smiled widely and leaned in close, awaiting the 'juicy gossip'.

 

"Um..well he didn't have a profile picture so I have no idea if he's cute or not. But he profile name is DinoJi so I guess he looks like a dinosaur? Is that...is that a good thing?" I tilted my head slightly, thinking to myself how the heck does a person look like a dinosaur.

 

Tiffany was also in thought before she finally came up with an answer. "Jonghyun looks like a dinosaur! And he's very handsome," she nodded as if this was the most obvious fact ever.

 

"Yea yea you have a point there. Oh and speaking of which, he's a year younger than me too. And his hobbies were writing songs, playing with his dog, and playing soccer...but that's all I can remember. I'll have to check his profile again."

 

I looked at her as she was tapping her chin, a wide smile slowly growing across her face. "So, he's creative, sensitive, and athletic. I wonder what other personality traits he has.."

 

I opened my mouth to say something but decided it was better to not ask. I looked at what time it was and noticed it was my turn to take a shower. "Yah Tiff, I have to hurry up and hop in the shower before somebody takes my spot."

 

"Arasso, I can't wait until you talk to him again," she turned around in her seat as she watched me leave the room.

 

"Honestly, me neither," I giggled to myself, hoping she didn't hear my response as I entered the bathroom.  

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» aigoo I hope I didn't make DinoJi too obvious? haha well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as well~ and might I say, I can't believe I have that subscribers...