Chapter 1: eMingle

The Dating App

 chapter one 

 eMingle

 

________________________________________

 

After what seemed like hours, me and the girls were finally back at the hotel after performing Flower Power on the Japanese music program Hey Hey Hey! It almost seems as if everybody forgets the bathroom schedule when we fly from country to country. I was as the girls fought over who should be able to take a shower first, of course Taeyeon believes she has the most right out of everybody. Being lazy as heck, I stagger to my bed and plop down on the fluffy comforters, sprawling out my arms and legs. As was just about to hit sleep mode when Tiffany came bursting through the door.

"Jessica, aren't you going to take a shower before you nap the day away? You haven't even taken your make up off yet," I looked up to see her removing all her jewelry and placing it on the dresser.

 

I buried my head in the pillow before responding, "Just wake me up when it's my turn." My sleepiness made it sound more of a whine.

"Yah but Sica, I have something I want to show you," she made her way to her purse and pulled out her iPhone. "Sooyoung showed me this new dating app - you know since she's always complaining that she doesn't have a boyfriend - and I thought you should check it out," she sat next to me on the bed as she played with the app.

 

"What are you trying to say Tiffany?" I finally looked up from my pillowing, chuckling softly but also wondering if she was slightly insulting my dating status.

 

"Oh I didn't mean it like that!" she started laughing, "It's just fun sometimes. And you can meet people without Sooman and manager oppa getting on our backs," she nodded as she started to get more engaged in her app.

 

I finally sat up straight and looked at it myself. She was already talking with some guy who lived in Jeju or something like that. "How do you know if they're lying? What if they say they're 24 but really they're 44? How do you know if that's their real picture? Ever heard of photoshop?" I continued ranting about all the risks of online dating before Tiffany finally stopped.

 

"Calm down, you're starting to sound like Seohyun. Come on just try it. It's not like you're going to actually meet the guy now are you? There's nothing wrong with a little fun."

 

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, "Yea, I guess you're right about that. There is nothing wrong with - Tiffany! Tiffany what are you doing!" I looked up to see Tiffany downloading the app on my phone right in front of me. "I haven't even made a definate answer yet!"

 

She laughed, a little too meniacally if I might add, and handed me my phone. "You're welcome. Well I'm going to see if Sunny's out of the shower yet," she walked out of the room shouting Sunny's name like a mad woman.

 

Well since Sooyoung, Tiffany, and whoever else was using the app, there shouldn't really be any problem with it right? I picked up my phone and started creating my account. The first thing it asked for was my name. I was was about to enter my real info recklessy before it clicked that nobody would believe that I'm Jessica Jung. They'll probably call me a crazy fangirl and what fun would that be? Hmm Kim Misun. Yea that's a pretty common name. Maybe a little too common? Yang Lisa. If that was my name I would never talk to my parents again. Hwang Lina. Eh, I guess that could work. I guess there is no other name like Jessica Jung. I nodded as I finally thought of my name and filled in the rest of my thought of info. This was sure going to be fun.  

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» For my old subscribers, as you can see, I started using a new story layout~ likey? Hope you guys enjoyed reading the first chapter~