Kimchi Soup

Hanging By The Moment

 

SHINee. They are such a cute group!!  So adorable!!! I wish they were my little brothers rather than being the youngest one out of all of my cousins. They treat me like I'm a baby! I'm 18!!!
“So, YunHee, what school do you go to?”
“Oh, I go to KyungHee University.”
“Really? I go there. What’s your major?”
“Well, I’m going to really start going there next semester. And I plan on majoring in Education. I want to teach children English here.”
“Cool!!!!!” MinHae nodded. “So, um...why are you starting next semester? Didn’t you apply for this semester?”
“I just moved from America, so I had to get everything all settled and stuff.” Once I said America, I saw MinHae’s eyes light up in excitement. Oh gosh, she’s going to ask me to speak English, and ask why I'm not blonde.
“Do you watch Heroes?!!” MinHae exclaimed as she gripped my wrist even tighter. I whinced slightly as she continued to look at me in excitement.
“Yes, Heroes is one of my favorite TV shows. I have the first two seasons on DVD.....” I trailed off.
“OH EM GEE!!! I LOVE HEROES!!!!” She jumped up and down like an idiot and making me jump along with her. 
“Hey, it’s MinHae Nuna.” Both MinHae and I looked over to the voice and saw Lee TaeMin of SHINee.

“TaeMin!!!” MinHae quickly rushed over to him and glomped him. I blinked in surprised when TaeMin laughed and shook his head. You can just glomp him? I stared at them blankly. I mean, won’t the fangirls attack her or something???
“TaeMin. This is my new coworker, Lee YunHee!!!” She pointed at me. TaeMin looked over to me and waved.
“Hello. Nice to meet you TaeMin sshi.” I bowed.
“Hello Nuna!! You should meet my hyungs!!!” TaeMin grabbed my hand, then I grabbed MinHae’s hand as he dragged us to his dance room. When we reached the dance room, it was empty. 
“Eh? Where’s the rest of you?!” I gave TaeMin a blank look. I thought I was going to meet the rest of SHINee? I scratched the back of my head.
“Oh My God!! SHINee danced on this floor!!” MinHae jumped up and down.
“You’ll get used to it.” TaeMin laughed as I looked over to him.
“Um, okay....” I nodded slowly. MinHae, you’re a scary fangirl!!! Poor TaeMin, JongHyun, MinHo, Key and Onew. I’ll pray for you..


I heard the door open and voices chattering as they walked inside. When I looked over to MinHae, she hid behind TaeMin and looked shyly towards JongHyun. Hmm? Why is she looking at JongHyun like that? I blinked. Oh... I think I get it. 
Then suddenly MinHae grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room. 
“I didn’t do anything!!!” I exclaimed as I threw my hands over my head. “Please don’t hurt me!!!”

“Why would I hurt you?” She blinked.
“Oh!! Hehee... I don’t know.” I laughed sheepishly as I pushed up my glasses.
“Okay... Anyways, I have to go. My Umma wants me to go home now.” she told me. “Are you all right looking around the building by yourself?”
Am I? What if the Monkey guards try and attack me? “Umm, yeah. I’m fine.” I smiled. MinHae nodded then left, leaving me alone with the Monkey guards. “Wahhhhh!! I’m going to get--" Ouuuu!! I smell freshly made cookies!! I beamed as I followed the scent, and it lead me to the cafeteria. Wootness!! Cookies!!! ^___^ And they’re fresh!!!! Awesome!! Right when I got in line, I noticed the cookie pile was going down. Nou!!! I’ll save you my cookies!!!!! Mommy will save you!!!  Since I didn’t get to eat lunch, I might as well eat now. I grabbed a bowl of Kimchi and a botttle of soda. I gave a small pout as I saw the cookie pile go down. The cafeteria workers gave me a weird look as I pouted. When I was at the end of the line, a pile of freshly make cookies came again, and I started to grin like a Cheshire Cat. Once I paid for my meal, I picked up my tray and looked around for somewhere to sit. It seems like they’re all trainees...will they let me-- CRASHHHHH!! I looked up at the person and gasped. I'd spilled a bowl of Kimchi on Shim ChangMin. Oh, great!!!! If Cassiopeia finds out, I’m going to be killed.

“I’m sorry!!” I bowed 90 degrees to the ground. “I’m sorry!!!” I looked at my shoes to avoid eye contact with ChangMin. “I’m like really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sorry!!!” I said in one breath. Peeking though my bangs, my eyes met his and I looked back to my old, worn out chucks. When I saw his feet leave I sighed in relief, but then I started to feel bad about spilling kimchi on ChangMin’s hoodie. I fell to my knees then picked up the tray and pieces of the bowl .
“I’m still hungry...” I mumbled as I placed the tray in the trash can. I didn’t bring enough money to buy another meal. “I’ll just go to Ahjusshi’s office....” I nodded to myself as I walked out. I paused when I saw ChangMin, and ran back into the cafeteria to wait for ChangMin to leave. 

Mr. Shim ChangMin. The maknae of the group. He’s also known as the casanova of the group too. They say if he sees about 100 pretty girls pass by him, he’ll remember what they were wearing and stuff. Ha!! I doubt that he’ll think I’m pretty. .. Well, anyways... he’s also witty, and sarcastic. Shoot, I can beat him with being sarcastic and witty!!! In the looks department, he’s really handsome. He’s a model. And his smile is really unique with mis-matching eyes. I peeked out the door and saw that the uber tall person was gone!!! I rushed out of the cafeteria and into the elevator. I blinked in surprised when I saw YooChun standing there. “Er, hiya.” I bowed as I walked in. “Weren’t you in SooMan’s office when we were in there?”
“Umm, yes...” I nodded as I started to bite my nails. “I like oreo pie.” YooChun looked at me weirdly and laughed. “Really? I like apple pie.”
“Oreo pie is better.” 
“Not uh.”
“Uh huh.”
“Not uh.”
“Uh huh times infinity!!” YooChun looked at me and pouted.
“Hehehe, I win~!!!!!!”
I started to flap my arms like a bird. 
“Weirdo.” I heard him mutter in English. 
“Yahh! I’m not weird...” I exclaimed at him in English. “Well, maybe just a little...” He looked at me in surprise while I looked at him. “I lived in America since I was a baby.”
“What part?”
“I lived in California...” Oh, how I miss that place...
“Oh, I see.”
“Yupp.” I nodded.
Hearing the ding, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. “Well, bye YunHee.” he smiled.
“Byebye.” I said in English and waved stupidly at him. Once the door closed, I sighed and stopped waving. Great, YooChun thinks I’m an idiot too!!! 
When I finally reached the top floor, I rushed to Ahjusshi’s office and smiled happily at him. 
“Hiya!” I beamed at him as I took a seat in front of his desk
“Lee YunHee!! Why are you telling everyone you’re the new janitor?!!” He raised his eyebrow. 
“BecauseIheardfromAhjummathatyouneedanewjanitorsoIthoughtIcouldbeit.” I said quickly. 
“That’s very nice of you YunHee, but—“
“AndIwantedtomakemyownmoneysoIwon'tdependonyouandAhjummasomuch!” I cut him off.

“All right then, I’ll give you the job.” He sighed as he rubbed his temples. Oh, yeah, I forgot. Every time I talk fast like that I give him and everyone around me a headache... Hehehe.Oops. 
“Really?! Yayy!!!” I clapped childishly. “But, can we keep this whole niece thing on the downlow? I don’t want anyone to know about me being your niece...”
“But the cafeteria workers remember you. Remember how you used to come here every summer?”
“Oh, yeah... but besides them, no one should know.” I nodded. “And I want to get paid the same amount as MinHae!!” What? I don’t want to get special treatment because I’m THE Lee SooMan’s niece!

“Okay, fine!!” He shook his head.
“Okie dokie then! I’m going shopping.” I nodded.
“All right, I’ll put money on your card.”
“But--”
“You never said anything about me giving you money for shopping whenever I feel like it.” He smirked. I childishly stuck my tongue out and ran out of the office. Once I reached the front door of the building, I realized it was raining. I don’t get why people don’t like the rain. I find it very peaceful and calm.  But not when it’s a thunder storm. I hate those kinds of storms. When I reached the mall, I went to the store where I saw ChangMin’s hoodie that I'd messed up. Everyone gave me a weird look. What? You never seen a girl soaking wet?! Wait... never mind. I think. I went into the music store, and they had Mirotic playing.
“I got you....under my skin~..” I sang softly as I looked though the CDs. Even no there is no point because Ahjusshi and Ahjumma are always sending me CDs of my favorite bands. 
As I walked around the mall, I went to a store that sells cute stuff, like star paper (Ahjusshi said I have WAYYY too many jars of star paper), Mashimaro, Hello KittyKuromi, and many other cute characters. I love stores like this. All the stuff here is soo cute!! They have everyday things but..just cute!! Like they have a Hello Kitty Rice Cooker!!!! After walking around the cutesty store, buying random things that I won't ever use, I started to walk home.  But just as I was going to reach my house, it started to rain super hard!!! So, I ran faster to the house.
“Hiya Ahjumma!” I grinned at her but she gave me a stern look..maybe because I’m soaking wet and tracking mud in our house. 
“I’m sorry, Ahjumma!!” I bowed. “I know I’m wet and tracking mud in your house!!”
“YunHee!! I don’t care that you're tracking mud in my house. I'm worried that you're soaking wet!! And you were walking in the rain!!! You could get sick! Now, go change!!” she scolded me as she motioned the maids to get my hoodie and hand me a towel. After taking a shower and changing into my PJ's , I pulled out a small piece of paper and wrote:
To: Shim ChangMin
I’m sorry for messing up your hoodie!! >_< I got you a new one because I felt really bad. Sorry if it’s not the same color as yours.
From: Lee YunHee ^_____^
I’ll just leave this in their dance room, so I won’t be killed by ChangMin’s fangirls. 

 

The next morning, I changed into a pair of jeans and a hoodie, like aways. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I frowned slightly. I know I’m okay looking, but sometimes I feel like I’m not. Like, why haven’t I ever had a boyfriend or a date for prom? Am I really that plain looking? I shook my head. No! YunHee!! You’re pretty! You’re just fine the way you are!! If guys don’t like it, then oh well. There’s someone for everyone  I grinned at myself as I placed my hair in a messy bun.
“Hey, Ahjumma.” I smiled as I grabbed an apple from the table. 
“Good morning, sweetie.” She looked up from her book, then shook her head when she saw me place bags full of oreo cookies in my bookbag. 
“Bye!” I raced out of the door, with my bookbag swinging around as I tried to place it on.
When I reached the SM building, I started to look for MinHae. “MinHae!! Where are you!?” I sighed as I ran down the hallway, ignoring the looks that the trainees were giving me. Then I spotted her going to SUJU’s dance room.
“MinHae sshi!!!” I called out. She turned around and waved. I rushed to her as she gave me a weird look. “MinHae sshi!! Do you know where DBSK’s room is?”
“Yeah, It’s down that hall.” she pointed down the hallway. “Thank you!!” I gave her a big hug then ran into DBSK’s dance room. I peeked through the door and realized that they weren’t there. So, I went in and placed the hoodie on the piano.


“What are you doing?”

<><><><><><><>
A/N: Oh, wow! Just like a prologue and chapter 1 and I have 5 subscribers. Uh..thank you!!  I hope you'll still read this story...because well... idk I just feel like this story is very slow and people might lose interest ....>< 
Well, I hope you like this chapter!