Out Of A Coma

A Collection: With You

 

I can’t seem to get this right. I’ve been working on this song for a good three weeks and it’s all come together except it hasn’t. You know how there’s a song you listen to and it lacks that point, that certain piece. I am missing this piece. And this frustrates me.

I’ve come up with the song title (“Coma”), I’ve done rearrangements, and I’ve done remixes. But it’s just not there yet. The song title almost fits my situation.

I take my headphones off and I sit back in my chair.

“Want some mini marshmallows?”

I look to the side and it’s Jieun. Unlike my current state, she is shining with that angelic smile of hers. I find it fascinating that she can instantly lighten a dark atmosphere. I tilt my head to the side quizzically.

 “Keep your head straight. I was asking if you wanted mini marshmallows with your hot chocolate,” she says. She reaches into the paper bag and sets two disposable cups of hot chocolate on the table. “You can’t turn this down now. It’s got your name on it.”

There is a smiley next to my name. It’s childish but cute. Only Jieun would do that. My lips twitch slightly. Act cool, Yongguk, act cool. I nod.

 “Thanks.”

 “Have you finished?”

I shake my head. The mini marshmallows bob gently, the pink ones catching my eye as they move with the hot chocolate. It is somewhat relaxing and I hear myself release a sigh of relief.

 “Can I listen to it?”

Now that’s a weird question. I have never really let people listen to my music unless I feel it is readily complete. This track is missing the puzzle piece and I don’t want anyone to hear it until it’s there.

She looks at me expectantly, the headphones already placed on her ears. I want to refuse but I seemingly cannot do so.

Begrudgingly I press play and I wait for her to finish listening. I continue sipping my hot chocolate as I silently regard her. Her face is expressionless; her eyes focused elsewhere but her head moves. It bobs to the music. I can’t help but grin.

She finally takes off the headphones, patting her brown locks down at the same time. There is one marshmallow left and my fingers reach in to pick it out.

 “It sounds really good.” The last marshmallow stops halfway to its destination. Of course she would say that. Nice girls always say nice things. I chew the gel candy. “But it’s missing something.”

I stop chewing. My mouth must have dropped open because she giggles and her forefinger pushes at my chin. I blush at her action.

 “I know. That’s what I’ve been trying to work out the past few days,” I say dismally.

Jieun swivels in the chair. I dislike it when people swivel my chair. I think it just causes more of an accident. In other words, I strongly believe swivelling will cause the screw to loosen even more and therefore will lead to the tragedy that is a broken chair.

She stops turning. “If this was written about me, I’d feel super sad and regret it. The song sounds so real. Is it?”

Is it? I suppose it is. I have written what I remember. What I felt. Maybe it’s too angsty.

 “Can I go into the recording booth? I’ve always wanted to.” She’s suddenly perky and my feelings of angst are thrown aside. I nod and show her in. “Play the song again!” Her eyes twinkle and she shoves me out.

The song plays and I look at her through the window. She sticks her tongue out and the chuckle escapes me before I can stop it. She steps out and sits herself next to me. She smells of vanilla with a hint of something citrus-y.

As she cleans up the mess left over from our drinks, I play the song again. Her voice leaks out of nowhere. 

 I’m sorry, I can’t help it

 I can only look at you like this

I press pause. “Sing that again,” I say. Her hand is hanging mid-air and her eyebrows are raised. I replay a part of the song. “Sing what you just sang. In the exact same way.” I usher her back into the recording booth

I listen to the song in its entirety; this time with Jieun’s featuring.

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. I have finally found my piece. The missing puzzle has found its way back home and it is here in my song.

 “You did great.”

The song continues playing, looping over her impromptu part. Jieun looks lost. But she starts clapping excitedly.

 “It sounds complete. It’s complete!” She stops herself and bashfully hides behind her hair. “Not that I’m saying I made the song any better but-”

I grin. “No, you did. You helped finish this song.” She beams proudly and her soft hands tug at my arm, pulling me to my feet. She says there should be a music video and comes up with all kinds of scenarios. Some that make my imagination run wild and cause me to blush.

Her eyes crinkle and her lips smile. “Yongguk, play it for me again.”


 

So that BYG instagram post. Calm yourselves! I'll be honest, not very impressed by some of the reactions. And all the hate towards Jieun. How can anyone hate on her, she's like so adorable and that girl just doesn't deserve that much bashing (no one does!) and awww Jieunnie, I love you. 

It was captioned 'Blacknight' so I don't think I'm the only who thought it was related to his 'Whitenight' post. I mean once I had gotten over 'OH HI IT'S JIEUN ON YOUR INSTAGRAM BANGSONGISM' I was like oh it's dark instead of white and there's a picture in the centre but a different background. And now he's gone and deleted it. And now he's on Vine. I swear he's on every single social network there is (and I bet that's another way for him to stalk fan profiles lol).