The Arrival

Eyes Like Mine

Maybe I'm a good unnie, or maybe I'm just that much of a er for sweets, but it only took a batch of cookies and a half of a tank of gas of get me to agree to drive Yoon and Chisako to meet with their friends for the last trip of their summer.

I'm sure I was Chisako's last choice, as she cringed every time she got into my car, looking distastefuly at the pink designs on my seat covers.  However, being their older cousin, I was probably the best and cheapest option, as I was obligated by blood to not overcharge.

"Do you wanna join us?" Yoon asked as we pulled up to the resort. 

I shook my head, popping the trunk for them to get their bags. "Pass."

"Of course, because God forbid AhRi leave her room to socialize." Chisako rolled her eyes and got out of the backseat. "Can you at least help with the bags?"

I frowned, but cut off the ignition and got out to help with their things.  After loading up, I followed them to the front door, cherishing the feel of the cool air as we entered the building. The inside was so bright that it almost looked backlit, the walls were all stark white, while it was furnished with black couches, silver lamps, and red pop art on the walls.

"Hey!" Chisako waved to a group as soon as we stepped inside.  "Been here long?"

"Like forever." One guy said, walking over. 

The guy following behind him shook his head. "Only for like ten minutes."

It took me a moment, but I realized that the group consisted of mostly males. "Is this everybody?"

Yoon stood on tiptoe to do a quick headcount. "Yep, that's all of us."

"But there are seven guys." I said, my face blank in disbelief. "And only three of you girls."

Chisako shrugged. "We're all grown."

The blank look failed to leave my face. "You are only seventeen."

"Well you're staying aren't you?" One of the guys asked. "If you are, that makes four girls."

"I'm no-"

"Yes, she's staying." Chisako said. "We made a promise, and we delivered."

... what?


The first chapter is really dry because I'm tired an cold and sneezing my head off.  I'll make sure the following chapters are better/