Magnets...

Special and Magnets...

 

            Magnets… It’s funny how I’m suddenly fascinated with them. You know those magnets that you can make a bracelet with? Yeah, those things. Kyu bought them for me. He said we were like magnets. I don’t actually know why, because of what I recall from school, the principle of magnets is that ‘opposites’ attract. And we were not exactly the opposites they are referring to. It would mean a man and a woman. And I don’t get why he would say we are even similar to magnets; because honestly, we are not. And I think saying we’re magnets is like an insult… But coming from him, I think it’s a sign that he would eventually repel.

            Sunday was always the best day of the week. Most of the Sundays are free, so we could have at least one day-off. Anyways, I stayed in my bed, not planning to move an inch. Because once you move, you can’t go comfy again. Then the knock on my door completely ruined my routine. I dragged my lazy feet off my bed and opened my door, revealing a messy-haired, just-woke-up Kyu. He looked at me with his eyes almost closing in drowsiness. He pushed me inside and locked the door. He then dragged me to bed and hugged me to sleep.

“Why are you here Kyu?” I whispered, and then he looked at me and rubbed his eyes.

“LeeTeuk hyung was forcing me to wake up and have breakfast with the members. I dunwanna.” He whined, like a little spoiled child. I smiled at his complaint. I looked at him and saw his eyes closing once again. Then what caught my attention was the magnet bracelet or whatever it’s called.

“Are you asleep?” I whispered as he groaned, signaling that he can hear me. “Can I ask something then?” he groaned once again. “Why are we similar to magnets?”

“Seriously…?” he said which I don’t if it came out as a question or as a complaint. I nodded rapidly, which is actually just rubbing my head against his chest. He then chuckled, “If you really want to know… It’s because…”

“Knock! Knock!” LeeTeuk’s voice from outside interrupted us. I groaned and opened the door once again, revealing LeeTeuk in his pajamas. “I expect you to be helping him to get up.” He said in a command which was said in a nice tone, while I could only pout in response. “Come on, the others are already eating… If you don’t hurry you might eat leftovers.” He suggested as I nodded. He left the scene as I rushed to Kyu. I sat and bounced rapidly on the bed, while he groaned in annoyance.

“Kyu… Hyung might get mad if we don’t eat with…aah~” I cringed as he pulled my hand to hug him. It was an awkward position.

“Let them be… they’re destroying our nice time…” he said as he embraced me tighter. The warmth was good, it was so comfortable… I hugged him back as tight. “Don’t worry, if there’s no food left we could always order some fast-food restaurant to deliver us some food.” He suggested as I nodded in response. Shouldn’t he be wide awake since we’ve been talking the whole time?

“You should pay though.” I said as I caressed his hair…

“Haven’t I always?” he retorted as I felt his chest move with his laughter. “Just don’t ruin the moment Hyuk. Our stomachs can wait…”

“WAH! What’s that?! You should at least lock the door you know!” we heard someone from the door, as we both sat up.

“We’re not doing anything you know!” I shouted at ZhouMi, who looked satisfied with my immediate denial.

“We were, but then you came and spoiled everything.” Kyu said as I hit him lightly in the shoulder. He then wrapped an arm around my shoulders, “Now, would you please?” he stated as Henry came from ZhouMi’s back, widening his eyes at the couple who shared a bed, and I shook my head rapidly.

“Well, we just came and if you’re done with your unearthly business, come out and have some breakfast. I bought some for us to share.” He said and got out of the view, and I stood up and lent my hand to Kyu.

------------

            We finally finished breakfast, as some of us gathered at the tv, watching yesterday’s performance on SFS. We are all eyes and ears on the screen, until ZhouMi suddenly startled us with his loud voice.

“What is that? EunHyuk-ah! What a weird fashion sense you have!” I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him, confused. “That bracelet thingy! What’s that? That definitely doesn’t fit your outfit.” He said as he continued to lecture me about fashion. I pouted as it was a gift from KyuHyun. I don’t want him to hear some insults about the bracelet which I actually admired. “Where did you get that anyways? You shouldn’t—”

“I bought that.” Kyu spoke up as I widened my eyes. He stood up and walked to his room, slamming his door shut as everyone stayed quiet.

“Sorry Hyuk… I didn’t know…” ZhouMi looked at me apologetically, as I nodded and stood up as well. I went to his room’s door and knocked.

“Kyu… can I come inside…?” I said in which he replied with a yes. I entered silently, as his ghastly aura was overpowering mine. He was curled up into a ball, while his eyes were focused at anything but me. I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. “He was insulting me, do you know that?” I said, trying to make him feel better.

“Yes… but it was because of me huh?” he sulked, and I looked into his eyes.

“No, it wasn’t… It was just out of the concept, and since I tried it on, it was my fault.” I said, and he shook his head.

“It’s my fault… I gave that ugly thing to you. I initially thought you would like it because you liked the color. So don’t blame yourself or I’ll continue sulking if you say that.” He pouted and I smiled at him.

“If you blame yourself then I guess I’ll do the same… So let’s not even put a thought about this okay?” I suggested as he nodded. “I love the bracelet so much… especially since it came from you…” I rested my head on his shoulder once again, and he rested his on my head. I recalled my question from earlier. “KyuHyun-ah…” I called him as he hummed in response. “About my question earlier… Do you think we’re magnets because were not exactly opposites and someday you’d marry someone off?” I said as he shot his head up to look at me.

“You thought that?” he said as I nodded. “Well, you thought wrong.”

I looked at his eyes, confused at his statement. “What does it mean then?”

“I mean we’re like magnets, because even though we are complete contrasts, we make a perfect couple.” He said as I smiled and nodded at the words perfect couple. “Why? Do you think I’d marry someone else than you? You must be getting a bit crazier because of our schedules.” He said as I pouted. He pinched my nose and shook it. “Don’t worry. My boyfriend looks cuter when crazy~” he said as I giggled and blushed.

            Magnets… … It’s funny how I’m suddenly fascinated with them. Its principle was revised by my nerdy boyfriend. Yes, we are not opposites in terms of gender, but we sure are a contrast of everything else after that. He sings while I dance. He’s dominant while I’m submissive. He’s straightforward; I get shy sharing my thoughts a lot. He’s very sensitive; while I’m just used to it. Yes, we are contrasts to each other. And magnets are my living proof that opposites do attract.

-----------------------

A/N: kyuwifey~~ I guess it's a bit random... but I hope it's good~