Blood Spilled: Prologue

Genesis (Volume 01)

How dare she?

After everything, how could she even think to-?

How dare she even?

After all that was done for her, how could she-?

Inspiration ß Kohitsuji Project (manga) by Takenaka Sei

...xXx...

At first, she had ignored it. 

Her twin sister was a big girl; she could take care of herself just like she could her own. 

Besides, they were the top two students in all subjects, blessed with strong blood and unbelievable powers.

Her sister could make her own decisions, regardless if she approved.

Her sister could try and stay off blood, could pick her own friends - could do everything on her own.

And yet, she found nothing worse than returning to their shared dorm room and finding her sister crying.

She growled.

She knew exactly who was to blame and what was going to happen.

Her sister looked up.

"Wait! Seun-"

The door slammed closed and she stormed down the hall, hearing the same door open again.

"Seungyeon, don't-!"

"I don't want to hear it," she growled. "I'm tired of hearing all your pathetic excuses even though she doesn't deserve it!"

"It's not her fault," her sister denied, keeping stride with the furious female. 

"And the last 98 times weren't either?" she complained, speeding up her pace. No matter what, she could not look at her sister or her resolve would crumble - as always.

"She's just going through a hard time," her sister excused, so engrossed in keeping up with the angry sibling she bumped straight into a female teacher, causing her papers to fall everywhere.

Just the distraction she needed.

She sped up, not stopping as her sister stopped to help the teacher retrieve the fallen packets, but not without a final call of her name.

The door slammed behind her and she ignored any further calls.

That b***h was dead.

-oOo-

She recognized her from far away and vice versa. 

"Seungyeon!" her sister's friend called with a smile and wave, as if they were on equal and good terms. She wasted no time, grabbing the girl by the collar of her jacket and pulling her along, ignoring her protests.

"Seungyeon? What's going on?" the friend questioned, being jerked along without any consideration. The back of the dorms? No; there were bound to be others there. The field? No; the blood would be too obvious. The roof? No; there was a chance of escape. There was-Ah!

"Seung-Ack!" the friend choked for a moment as Seungyeon sped up, finding a good destination in mind.

She threw the captured female against the wall of the back of the gym, gripping the collar of the jacket tightly.

"Seungyeon? What are you doing?" the friend questioned, putting her hands up in wary defeat. 

"Again," she whispered, letting the word slip with disdeign. "Again and again. How often have I warned you?"

"I didn't do anything!" her sister's friend refuted loudly, her face setting with fear. Seungyeon clenched her other hand, knuckles turning white with pressure.

"Lies!" she hissed, swinging her hand and landing a strong left hook across the opponent's jaw. Without waiting a moment, she threw more punches and flipped her opponent onto the ground, placing a foot on the female's stomach.

"How many times have I warned you?" Seungyeon growled out, grinding her foot and hearing satisfying cracks of the girl's ribs. Her opponent made a strangled gargle and survival instincts took over as her opponent's hands clawed weakly at her feet. 

"Answer me," she ordered, putting more pressure as another crack rang in the air.

"I'm so...rry," her enemy choked out, tears running down her cheeks. "I'll...stay...away-"

She put more pressure, hearing the incoming of another crack but was near deafened by the female's piercing scream.

"Loud b***h," Seungyeon complained, eyes narrowing. "I should end your pathetic life right now. You don't fear those above you and treat them with contempt even if they treat you with kindness-!"

She reached down, grabbing one of the weakening hands of her enemy and pulled up, smirking at the scream of pain that followed as she dislocated the female's shoulder. 

"A quick death seems merciful," Seungyeon commented off-handedly, leaning down and placing a clawed hand on the female's throat. She cut lightly into the skin with her nail. "What should I do? Torture seems to be the right path...so let's begin."

-oOo-

Too quickly, she had gotten tired of the hag's screaming. She had done about every single torture technique she had heard of. From peeling her apart by the skin to breaking every bone of her body and dislocating every single joint possible, she had done everything that would not kill her...yet. 

"All that's left now is death," she pondered aloud, her foot landing roughly against the opponent's throat. She smirked. Her revenge was complete. "Pray witch."

"Seungyeon!" a familiar voice startled her and before she could stop, she turned to the voice, catching sight of her sister. Immediately, her resolve weakened. D**n. Her sister always had that effect on her - to calm her without reason. 

"Want to do the honors?" she joked lightly, smirking. Her sister walked over and took her by the hand.

"Is that a yes?" she older twin.

"We're going," her sister ordered - clearly ordered, not requested - as the two began walking away, Seungyeon putting up no resistance - she knew a lost cause when she saw one. 

Her sister paused and she stopped too, watching as her sister turned back to the half-dead almost-corpse of her friend with apologetic eyes.

"Stay away from me," her sister requested softly of her friend, both of the twins able to read the look of pure terror on the female. "Goodbye."

Her sister turned around again and the two walked away, hand-in-hand and silent.