Reflection: Scandal

Genesis (Volume 01)

Was it a mistake, something beyond our power?

How can it be fixed or must it be fixed at all?

What became of us who used to stand so tall?

All because we fell in love...All because we gave in to our hearts.

Based Off ß Reflection Group by LoveDonghae (ø)

...xXx...

She dodged the cameras, shielding her face with one hand and clinging to her unnie's jacket with the other, shivering as she held the cloth tightly, as if it were her lifeline as she drowned.

But that was what she felt like.

As if she was drowning, falling into the dark depths of cold, unforgiving water.

What had happened?

What had gone so terribly wrong?

One mistake and now everyone was against them. 

Few fans dared to stick close to them and remember, just who they had been, just what happened, and just what had changed.

The thirteen of them moved into their dorm, ignoring the flashing cameras and the loud, probing questions of reporters. From behind, she could tell that the ever-leader Sooyeon was calmly holding back the reporters but not answering of the hurtful questions. 

"How does it feel knowing you led these girls like this?"

"Did you know about this scandal?"

"How long has this been going on?"

"What do you members feel about this?"

"How do you plan to apologize and take responsibility?"

The door closed and it was silent. Sooyeon sighed, breaking the silence. 

"Let's get some sleep," she ordered, moving from the door. The other twelve members slowly got ready for bed as well, moving sluggishly and without motivation. However, no one moved to sleep. They all gathered around the large living room with serious expressions.

The group Reflection was a cover, collaboration, and featuring group with 13 members, one targeted for Korea and the other for international affairs with each member specializing in something onstage during performances, and offstage during shows or just back in their dorms.

The closest to the fireplace was Choi Sooyeon, the leader, known for her soul onstage, able to put her true feelings into songs, and her guardianship offstage, able to stop all rumors against the group with ease.

Leaning on her shoulder was her younger sister, Choi Seungyeon, also the maknae, known for choreographying the group's dances onstage, able to make trendy dances that easily caught on and difficult dances that gave awe, and her impressions of other artists offstage, catching their singing expressions perfectly especially B2ST. 

Beside Seungyeon, leaning against her hand on the couch arm was Sato Machiko, one of the half-Japanese members, known for singing the most steadily onstage, unbothered even when she once slipped, and for her guitar-playing offstage, always holding one when singing a solo and usually carrying one around to shows for fun.

On the one-person sofa right next to Machiko, sat Lee Minhee, known for her fan service onstage, throwing hearts, winks, and bullets on stage, and her aegyo offstage, unable to be denied except a few.

At Sooyeon and Seungyeon's feet sat Lee Tsuki, also half-Japanese, known for her freestyle dances onstage, pulling off various dance moves for fun, and for her skills on the bass offstage, something she occasionally showed off while playing a duet with Machiko.

Beside her sat Kimura Kyo, another half-Japanese member, known for composing the rap parts onstage, conveying the message in depth and yet concisely, and for her athletic ability offstage, able to match males in strength, speed, and other aspects that had people gape in wonder.

Beside Kyo was Kim Jinju, known for well-roundedness onstage, not the worst but neither the best in any aspect, and for her ever-changing fashion trends offstage, trying new outfits and combinations out all the time with clothes, hair, and make-up.

Across the room sat Park Miyoung, known for her high notes onstage, hitting notes that could make glass break, and for her gaming offstage, once even beating a professional Starcraft player.

Beside her sat her cousin Park Miho, known for long notes onstage, able to hold a single note for up to a minute without pause, and for her proficiency in various languages offstage, able to speak Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, English, and Spanish.

Beside those two sat Kim Taeli, known for her on-the-fly raps onstage, making up things to fit the situation with no two raps repeating, and for her enthusiasm, always willing to try new things without hesitation.

At their feet, Fang Kailin, the other half-Chinese member, known for fast rap onstage, performing raps with such speed that the lyrics could barely be played fast enough, and for her acting work in Chinese dramas, usually playing small cameos but in a multitude of them to spread recognition. 

Leaning on the doorway was Zhang Xiuxiu, half-Chinese, known for composing lyrics onstage, surpisingly deep and profound, and for her charisma offstage, giving off a calm, powerful, and yet irresistible aura wherever she was.

Leaning on the wall beside the door was the second-youngest, Chung Yoonji, half-American, known for English improv lyrics onstage, adding a few bits and pieces of English in place of some lyrics but still fitting the song well, and for her model work offstage, fitting any concept well but especially known for international model work.

Sooyeon, Seungyeon, Minhee, Jinju, Miyoung, Miho, and Taeli targeted Korean markets while Machiko, Tsuki, Kyo, Kailin, Xiuxiu, and Yoonji targeted the international markets, the two groups split somewhat like EXO though EXO was directed for Korean and Chinese markets more.

Sooyeon looked around the group anxiously.

The thirteen of them never failed to receive praise, to gain popularity. Despite the difficult beginning, the work had always paid off...and yet, it seemed as though everything were to be spit back into their faces.

"We have a schedule tomorrow morning girls. Come on. Let's move," Sooyeon finally stated, getting up to usher the girls to bed.

"A schedule? After all this?" Xiuxiu hissed, glaring at the leader. Sooyeon was easily the shortest member though one of the older ones while Xiuxiu was the eldest and one of the tallest, but Sooyeon stood unwavering.

"Worrying about it now won't do any good," Sooyeon reminded gently, gazing at Xiuxiu with a knowing look. "It'll work out."

"The media thinks all of us are dating the Super Junior members!" Xiuxiu shouted, storming up to the leader and grabbing her by the collar. "What will work out? ELFs are after our heads, reporters are lying their butts off with fake answers, and Kaleidoscopes are turning against us!"

Sooyeon made no movement to defend herself but slowly raised a hand up, placing it gently on Xiuxiu's.

"Trust me on this. We should all get some rest," she reassured, calm even though Xiuxiu only tightened her grip. There was silence.

"Fine," Xiuxiu broke, letting go of the female with a half-hearted shove. She left and slowly, one by one, the other members slowly left for bed too. Sooyeon made sure they were all asleep before climbing into her own bed, exhausted. 

Tomorrow...for sure...she would end this all.

-oOo-

And yet despite her words, no one was awoken the next morning for a schedule and the dorm was still untouched except for one made bed where the leader had disappeared. The backdoor opened and closed silently. Someone jumped over the wall surrounding the home and no one was the wiser. 

-oOo-

"Wake up!" someone loudly shouted, shaking her wildly. She groaned and rolled over. 

"I said wake up!" the same person shouted again, shoving her off the bed.

"Ow!" she complained, sitting up. "What was that for Kyo?" 

"Look at the news stupid! Your sister's on TV!" she urged, her brows furrowed.

"What?!" she shouted, eyes widening with worry. That word did it. What was her sister trying to do alone again? 

She ran down the stairs, almost crashing into Machiko on the way. When she arrived into the living room, the bold words on the TV had her fall to her knees.

Leader Sooyeon Quitting!

What. The. H3LL?!

-oOo-

"I demand an explanation!" Seungyeon's loud shouts rang throughout the home as she spoke on the phone.

She leaned against the couch where their leader had sat only hours ago and felt tears prick her eyes. What was going so wrong?

"That's not allowed! Tell me now!" Seungyeon yelled from upstairs again, her fury flying throughout the house as crashes alerted the group of her rampage.

"You okay Minhee?" someone asked beside her.

"I...I don't know Taeli-unnie," Minhee honestly answered, her voice shaky. She turned to her elder. "What did we do wrong?"

"Nothing," Taeli reassured her, just as upset but more calm. "We did nothing wrong."

"Then why is everyone against us?" Minhee questioned, bottom lip quivering. Taeli couldn't answer that.

"That doesn't make sense!" Seungyeon's upset exclamation echoed before another crash rang out. Jinju entered the living room, looking hagard, with Xiuxiu right behind her, brows furrowed with anger and worry.

"You guys see the news?" Jinju asked glumly.

"Who didn't?" Taeli snorted, rolling her eyes. 

"Did you finish it?" Xiuxiu questioned, giving the two of them a hard look.

"I didn't bother," Minhee answered, ready to cry. "I didn't want to see it anymore."

"You should," Jinju advised, tossing them her phone before the two of them left again.

"What's this?" Minhee wondered aloud before unlocking Jinju's phone - code 6224.

Their eyes widened.

They knew everything.

...xXx...

Music Scandals/Issues

Fellow Labelmates Super Junior and Reflection Date Each Other?!

by rumorreporter666 - December 05, 2012 at 6:09 AM

920345 views 26739 comments

Rumor or fact?

Many indicators have pointed to fellow Soul Entertainment labelmates Super Junior and Reflection - both with 13 members - to have been close to each other. Multiple selcas, tweets, and many collaborations and MV featurings have no doubt laced the two groups close together. 

But close enough to be dating?

All 26 members?

Apparently so. 

Speculations first began upon the girls' cover of Teen Top's "Don't Spray Perfume" where the girls and guys portrayed couples cheating on each other left and right and a furious fight scene at the end befitting the song.

Countless other MV starrings  have alerted netizens, ELFs (Super Junior fans), and Kaleidoscopes (Reflection fans) of their connections, but only one other song has like this one, where the members easily wrap their arms around each other and do things couples normally do without hesitation.

The other MV cover that alerted fans of their closeness was their take on "No Other" by Super Junior members themselves. Unlike Super Junior who had gone for portraying the perfect boyfriend for that one special someone, unrevealed for the fans' imagination, Reflection members had taken the idea of becoming that special idea for someone else, who just 'happened' to be Super Junior, portraying genuine emotions as they admitted that they had been the girls in the MV, but had all been cut out in the end. Thus, they used those cuts for the MV, adding their own cover.

And yet despite all the shipping and clues, no one had expected for it to be true, against the most popular couples too. 

The only couple pubilicized to be true was between Reflection member Miyoung and Super Junior's youngest member Kyuhyun. However, even then it took easily half a year before the relationship was accepted. 

But now, with all 26 members of Reflection and Super Junior?

It began with leaked photos of all 26 members together at parties (no alcohol a few netizens pointed out), mostly birthday parties, where the two groups mingled with the same people all the time. At first, speculation just pointed out good friends and so no one paid much mind to the photos, as if declaring the close relationship between Soul Entertainment's two top groups alongside Girl's Generation, an internationally recognized girl group, and EXO, their newest boy group targeting China and Korea.

However, two nights ago on December 03, a flood of leaked pictures show the two groups interacting as couples, a few kissing, some holding hands, and others hugging. The most important fact of the matter, other than the quantity of the leaked photos, is the evidence it shows, leaving no doubt that the two groups are dating.

Despite the overwhelming support for popular couples as listed below, these minor pairings have been shown great anger and anti-movements with few acceptances. Fans of both fanclubs have advocated breaking up while a small minority have declared themselves neutral and an even smaller minority accepting it.

Again, through this event, the maknae couple (Miyoung and Kyuhyun) have been suddenly opposed as well. 

Happiness seems to not be reflected in their fortunes.

Popular couples:

Leeteuk x Sooyeon - leader couple

Heechul x Tsuki - drama couple

Hankyung x Xiuxiu - foreign couple

Yesung x Miho - quirky couple

Kangin x Seungyeon - careless couple

Shindong x Machiko - energetic couple

Sungmin x Minhee - cute couple

Eunhyuk x Kyo - crazy couple

Donghae x Taeli - chill couple

Siwon x Yoonji - modeling couple

Ryeowook x Jinju - awkward couple

Kibum x Kailin - confident couple

Kyuhyun x Miyoung - maknae couple

True couples:

Leeteuk x Miho

Heechul x Taeli

Hankyung x Sooyeon

Yesung x Jinju

Kangin x Minhee

Shindong x Kyo

Sungmin x Kailin

Eunhyuk x Machiko

Donghae x Tsuki

Siwon x Xiuxiu

Ryeowook x Yoonji

Kibum x Seungyeon

Kyuhyun x Miyoung

Tags: reflection super junior soul entertainment shipping dating

...xXx...

One final crash rang upstairs as Seungyeon cursed loudly.

Then, only silence echoed in the home, making every sound amplified.

The phone rang.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

It went to voicemail.

"Hey gals," a familiar voice fondly but tiredly called. The girls listened closely, recognizing their voices. 

"Bet you guys are down about...well, you don't need a reminder," another familiar voice guessed correctly.

"In case you haven't noticed, this is Henry," the first voice introduced brightly.

"And Zhou Mi," the other added, with just as much sugarcoating.

The girls couldn't help but let a smile slip. Of course they could tell. Lau Henry and Zhou Mi, two of the most famous actors from Soul Entertainment, they had originally worked to be trainees but decided to go more for acting after failing to get into Super Junior and after discovering their talent and passion for it. More importantly, the duo had helped them through hard times, grabbing them a few jobs, acting in a few of their MVs, and supporting them publically all the time.

"We hate to be bearers of bad news," Henry began slowly, tone more dim. Their smiles immediately fell. "But...we saw the news, saw Sooyeon talk to Soul in front of our eyes, and saw Soul agree..."

"She's gone," Mi broke in suddenly, abruptly. "She's eaten the most curses from fans since she's the leader. It seems like the rest of you are pretty clean compared to her. Let's say the public hasn't been saying pretty things about her...and unless the public accepts it, your leader's gone. For good."

"She wanted to tell you all herself," Henry admitted solemnly, the hesitation obvious in her voice. "But she didn't think she could face any of you anymore. She didn't even tell us where she was going to stay or anything. She didn't even have a bag with her, just her wallet and the clothes off her back."

"Hope you all have a plan," Mi added, always the more blunt of the two. "We'll be supporting you."

"Always," Henry added.

They hung up.

And the phone rang again. 

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Voicemail...again.

"Hey girls," a familiar voice came onto the speaker. No one moved, frozen. "Heard the news?"

It was a statement, not a question.

"I'll be laying low...for a long time. I'm sorry," she mumbled, her voice sounding teary. "I couldn't protect any of you anymore. I couldn't protect us or them. I'm sorry."

In unison, the members reached for the nearest phone-

"Goodbye."

-but they were too late. 

She had hung up.

Seungyeon tossed the phone across the hall, letting it smash against the wall and dent it before falling to the ground in a cacophony of sounds that made everyone else cringe. She gave a strangled shout before entering her sister's room, furious.

It was neat - like always. 

But she hated that about her sister sometimes.

She opened the drawers, tossing clothes everywhere and wrecking the furniture. 

Such a clean goodbye - it wasn't fair.

She slid everything off the desk, letting it clash onto the ground and break.

Such a quick getaway - what about them?

She kicked the trashcan, sending crumpled papers flying everywhere.

Such a sad ending - what about her?

She slammed the door closed and punched it, splintering the wood and splitting the skin of her hand, letting blood flow.

And she cried, letting angry tears rush over her cheeks as the room finally settled, no longer neat - no longer part of her sister.

And she regretted it immediately.

"You okay?" Yoonji's voice asked through the door. She was the only one her age and the one she was closest to beside her sister, but she found she couldn't say anything to her.

"No," she finally choked out. "I'm not."

"We found this while you were...busy," Yoonji hesitantly stated, pushing a folded piece of paper under the doorway. Seungyeon opened it with shaking fingers. She recognized the writing immediately and wiped her tears, forcing herself to read the seven words.

Survive. Thrive. I know you all will.

And she could only cry again, clutching the paper like a lifeline.