Being the Best: Boredom

Genesis (Volume 01)

Bored that was what she was.

She wasn't the most depressed of people, but she was utterly bored.

Until they came into her life, she was completely bored.

And now she can't help but feel that life just might be interesting.

World ß Pokémon

...xXx...

Another weakling. 

Again.

How many were there?

Always, they come in acting like hotshots and leave, cursing the path of the trainer and most even giving up.

It was the same.

A pattern.

A daily pattern.

Actually, right about now-

"I challenge you!" a bright, eager young voice called out, passionate still and bright as the male - she could tell from the voice - threw open the doors with a loud crash. She sighed, her eyes lazily moving to the door of the building. She slowly looked up and down the male, handsome and a little taller than average but with little distinctive features otherwise. 

She sat up, yawning.

"Who are you and what do you want?" she drawled lazily, stretching and letting her knuckles crack refreshingly.

"I'm Lee Minhyuk and I want a gym battle!" he declared with vigor, eagerly throwing out a pokéball. The orb spun, opening in half as a red beam shot out, forming the figure of a familiar pokémon before the figure flashed white and the pokéball closed, flying back into his hand.

"Squirtle!" the pokémon shouted, already battle ready and pumped. She cast a critical eye over the pokémon and the trainer, standing up straight. 

"A squirtle huh? I'll give you your gym battle then. Just leave after," she ordered, standing fully. She yawned again, tossing up her own pokéball. "Kill it Typhlosion."

-oOo-

"Over in less than 10 minutes," the male mourned, looking at his K.O-d pokémon. She yawned again.

"Now leave will you? This is just a small bump in the road for a trainer. Can't take the heat, leave the oven," she ordered calmly. He looked at her with equal vigor as the beginning and she raised an eyebrow.

That was a first.

"I'll come back and win!" he declared, carrying off his pokémon and slamming the door closed. She yawned, ready to sleep again when the door was thrown open again. 

"What's your name?" Minhyuk asked sheepishly. She blinked before smirking.

"Choi Seungyeon. Remember it loser," she warned before slamming the door in his face.

What an interesting boy.

It wouldn't be too long until he gave up.

-oOo-

Unlike what she thought, he never grew tired of it. Each day he was back, just as energetic as before, sometimes seemingly more. Every once in a while, she'd feel his improvement, but his progress was slow.

However, he wasn't at all deterred.

He returned daily, trying hard and smiling, giving that promise of victory every time, beaming.

Oddly enough, she suddenly saw her day change, his appearances changing daily and even more strangely, she looked forward to his little battles.

For once, she wasn't quite bored with the challenge.

-oOo-

Kicked out to buy groceries, what a gym leader she was.

Then again, her sister was probably the scariest person alive when angry.

"Ah! It's Gym Leader Seungyeon!" a loud voice shouted, gaining the attention of the pedestrians. Her eyebrow twitched. Who was shouting her name so loudly and obnoxiously so early in the morning?

She turned around, sporting a glare that would have made the devil cry. What greeted her was surprising.

The challenger - Minho? Min-whatever - was waving with a bright smile and she could practically see the flying hearts and rainbows. After the first match he hadn't mentioned his name again and it wasn't as if she was paying attention.

Her eyebrow twitched.

"What are you doing here instead of the gym?" the male questioned almost chidingly, stopping in front of her. She raised an eyebrow and pointed to the nearby mart.

"Shopping. Now go away," she answered before turning away. 

"Wait," he called, grabbing her arm with surprising force. "I'll come with you. I was heading to the gym anyways."

"No thanks," she declined, pulling away from his strong grip.

"No really," he insisted and she let him.

It'd be more work to get him to go away.

-oOo-

"You have the groceries?" her sister interrogated when she stepped through the doorway.

"Yeah yeah," she huffed, willingly handing the heavy plastic bags over to her sister who was looking over Minhyuk.

"Lee Minhyuk I'm assuming," her sister calmly greeted him, bowing. His eyes widened.

"No I'm not psychic. You visit every day. There's little that goes on without my knowledge in this household," her sister quickly explained, taking the groceries from his hands as well. "I'm Choi Sooyeon. If you're here for a rematch, you'll have to wait, however. Another eager trainer has been waiting here for some time."

A person, just as tall and just as handsome though slightly more... - wild? feral? what was the word? careless. that was the word - careless, appeared in front of her, bowing enthusiastically.

"Hello! Challenger Kim Rokhyun! Pleased to meet you!" he greeted, giving a smile that rivaled Minhyuk's.

"What? But I was here first," Minhyuk complained, pouting. Her sister rolled her eyes and disappeared, leaving her in the middle of two good-looking guys squabbling...over her. 

She blinked.

Suddenly, her day just got much more entertaining.