Totally: Crushed Car

Genesis (Volume 01)

A curse or a blessing?

Fate or coincidence? 

Stupidity or love?

...Ask the $65,000 just lost.

Inspiration ß LoveDonghae 

...xXx...

She gaped - openly gaped for minutes straight.

She had just gotten this car - literally just driven out of the new car dealership with this car, one tire still touching the slope of the building's exit.

$65,000 down the drain. Just like that.

All because a stupid driver just rammed his car into the side opposite of where she sat. 

"What the-" Her friend cut herself off to not curse.

There was a pause.

"Is this a dream?"

Her friend, good ol' Kailin, hardly ever felt the need to curse, let alone almost do so.

She blinked slowly and then the rage overcame the shock.

"Either this better be a dream or that guy better have enough money to buy another car or repair this until it's new," she answered dryly, knuckles still white as she clenched the wheel of the car - her dream car - the one she had saved up for years to buy.

The bystanders had already called the police and already their sirens could be heard faintly.

She unbuckled her seatbelt, set on punching the idiot who had just totaled her brand new car.

"Wait Dari," her friend protested, recognizing the look in her eyes. 

"I'm not waiting," she snarled, leaving the car door open since it was busted anyways and walking over to the other side, noticing just how close the car was to crushing her friend on top of destroying her car. 

She had a few minutes, she knew, while Kailin would untangle herself from the seatbelt without cutting herself and go out the driver's seat since her door was crushed shut.

She'd have to make the most of it.

"You idiot!" she hissed, knocking on the door of the other car's driver and waiting for the male to step out.

She had just gotten this car after years of saving and if this idiot thought he could get away with it, he better have had another thing coming because this was her dream car and he had just destroyed it within five minutes of her leaving. He better have had a lot of money or a reasonable, humanitarian, and end-of-the-world kind of reason because she was-

"Sorry," the male apologized, stepping out of the car with a sheepish grin. A familiar male.

"Lee Donghae?" she recognized, gasping. He blinked, surprised.

"That's me. You're not hurt are you?" he questioned, looking worried. "I'm really sorry about the car. I didn't mean to. Promise."

For a moment she forgot how to speak.

"Hello?" he asked cautiously.

She took a deep breath.

"It's fine," she gruffly answered, looking elsewhere; he definitely looked better in person.

"Don't worry about your car. I'll pay for its repair too," Donghae reassured, clasping her hand in his. She felt the heat of a blush crawl up her face before a large crash and crumbling noise interrupted her thought process.

She turned to her car, surprised when the door of her car was open, the one that had been crushed shut. 

Kailin stepped out, clapping her hands together with satisfaction before her eyes caught on the male.

"You're paying. You know right?" her friend reminded, her request unmistakenable. "Because you just crushed a brand new car."

"Of course," Donghae answered quickly, surprised by the female half his size staring him down.

"And you two are...?" Donghae trailed off, letting the question linger for a moment.

"Lee Dari and Fang Kailin," Dari introduced. 

"And you owe Dari a new car. She's been saving for years," Kailin chastised. 

"Kailin," Dari hissed, suddenly embarrassed. Her friend raised an eyebrow.

"I'll go sort it out with the police. Make plans for a date," Kailin ordered, waving her hand as she turned towards the incoming police cars.

"Date?" Dari repeated, visibly jumping.

"Date to discuss the repairs," Kailin detailed, tossing back a knowing look. "I hope you two see a lot of each other."

"Hmm...movies and dinner this Saturday?" Donghae suggested, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"She was joking," Dari gawked, sure that this was all a dream.

"I wasn't," Donghae stated lightly, smiling. "I think you're really pretty and I figure a date on top of your car wouldn't be so bad. What do you say?"

And Dari resisted the urge to faint.

She wordlessly nodded, letting him exchange their numbers, and stood numbly as the police received both their statements and soon left.

Kailin flipped her own phone open, glancing at the time. 

"I'm late for my date. Have fun on your own," she congratulated Dari with a sly smile.

Only then, as Kailin rode off in the back of a taxi, did the words sink in - both of their words.

"A date? Wait with who?! And me with Donghae?" she mumbled to herself, shocked.

"Need a ride?" Donghae sheepishly offered behind her.

And she sighed, nodding. She needed to go home and take a shower.

A long, relaxing shower.