The Girl With Blood Red Eyes

Horror Film

Something rose inside Zelo and he urged himself to keep it in. One hand on his chest, he closed his eyes and took deep breaths. However, he couldn't do it for long as the image kept popping up at the back of his mind whenever he did so. He watched without words as Daehyun and Youngjae had an argument over which ride to go on first.

"Fine. The Ferris wheel then. Even though it's like, freaking boring," Daehyun grumbled.

"Then what do you want? You won't go on roller coasters and you say the Ferris wheel is boring," Youngjae said angrily. "Is there any ride you're satisfied with?"

"I said we'll go to the Ferris wheel!" said Daehyun and he strode furiously in that direction.

Youngjae shook his head as he stared at the other's retreating back and mumbled, "Man, I don't know why he's in such a foul mood." He turned back to the maknaes. "You guys coming?"

Zelo shook his head and Jongup placed a hand on his shoulder. Youngjae frowned and asked Zelo concernedly, "Are you okay? You don't look so well."

"I'm fine hyung," Zelo said. "I just need to rest a bit."

Youngjae nodded. "Okay," he said and looked at Jongup. "Take care of him alright?"

"Don't worry hyung," Jongup reassured him.

After a final worried look at Zelo, Youngjae turned and hurried off after Daehyun who was already out of sight. As soon as Youngjae was gone, Jongup turned to Zelo and grabbed his shoulders.

"Zelo... earlier before in the cinema... What did you see?" Jongup asked concernedly.

Zelo avoided his eyes and looked down at his shoe laces. He was still shaking but he daren't tell anyone.

"Zelo!" Jongup urged.

Zelo turned back to Jongup and after a long searching look, he decided that he could at least confide in him. Even if he wouldn't believe him.

"I saw..." Zelo started.

"Yes?"

Zelo gulped and he stared into Jongup's eyes, catching every bit of reaction he would give.

"I saw a young girl sitting beside me," he continued. "And she turned... and..."

"And?" Jongup's eyebrows went higher up his forehead.

"Her eyes... They were red. Blood red. Like she'd been crying blood," Zelo concluded and fixed his eyes on Jongup, as if willing him to laugh.

Jongup stared back at Zelo and after a few seconds, his expression cleared and a loose smile grew on his face.

"You don't believe me do you?" Zelo said angrily.

"Zelo..."

"And I thought you'd be the only one who would believe me!"

"Zelo, it's really hard to believe such things... Maybe she just had sore eyes and you saw it wrongly-"

"I know what I saw, hyung!" Zelo shouted. "I saw exactly what I told you! Why can't you believe me?"

"Zelo, stop shouting," Jongup tried to hush the other. "It couldn't be true, what you saw. You must've been frightened by the horror movie and started seeing things or it could just be one of the staff members with red contacts. Think about it."

Zelo said nothing. He knew nothing he said would change Jongup's mind. Jongup seemed to take his silence as hesitation or doubt as he gave Zelo a warm smile later before taking his hand and squeezing it in his own.

"We can't just stand around here, Zelo," said Jongup. "Do you have anywhere you wanna go?"

Zelo stared ahead of him, his mind still recalling that few seconds when he had been shocked by probably the most terrifying sight in his life. He hoped it was only a trick of the light, or just a staff dressing up for Halloween. But no, it was real. He didn't know why he was so sure of it but it was real. Too real to be fake. Her eyes... Those eyes weren't human. She wasn't human. They were blood red and looked like someone had stabbed them. Though it neither looked stabbed or damaged in any way. They were like transparent orbs filled with blood. And they were fixated on him. He had stared into them for a few seconds before screaming his lungs out. Who wouldn't scream in that situation? When he turned back however, she was gone, just like that. And that was what bothered him the most. She was so real... and yet so unreal.

A squeeze on his hand brought Zelo back to reality. He looked down at Jongup and gave him a half-hearted smile. The last thing he wanted was for his boyfriend to think he'd gone insane. Well maybe he had, he didn't know.

"I need to go to the toilet," Zelo said.

Jongup nodded and led him to the male toilets. Zelo rushed into a cubicle, his shaking hands locking the door before he turned, placing the cover on the toilet seat and sitting on it. He buried his face in his hands. His face felt burning hot right then but his hands were ice cold. A suffocating feeling overcame his chest and he forced it down, failing as a single tear leaked out from one eye. He didn't understand. He was so frightened and scared right then. And it was more to do than having his first encounter with an unnatural being. Ever since he first stepped into this amusement park, he'd been feeling twitchy and restless. Like something was going on here but he didn't know what.

Zelo stood up and tried to calm himself down. He'd been inside the cubicle for too long and he didn't want Jongup to worry about him. He unlocked the door and came face to face with himself in the mirror. It was a shock. To see how petrified he looked. Taking a deep breath, he exited the toilet and went to Jongup with a smile on his face. They linked hands and walked on.

"Zelo?"

"Hmm?" Zelo turned to Jongup.

Jongup was staring ahead of him, there was something strange in his nature. "I believe you," he whispered.

 

 

(A/N: Finally managed to update… although with a rather short one >< Hope you enjoyed so far :D)