Reasons for Tears

The Ocean's Tears

chapter two;
reasons for tears

Image

» "NOOOOOOOO!!!"  The echo of the shriek coming from the kitchen resounded through the three story beach house.

Michelle, Jess, and Scarleth all immediately dropped what they were doing and ran towards the source of the cry.  The three bumped into each other at the base of the stairs leading to the top level and they began to climb the steps.  Suddenly, there was a loud crash from above.  Each looked at each other with panic in their eyes.  What had their eonnie done?!  They sprinted up the stairs, taking them two at a time with Michelle in the lead.  Running around the corner, all three darted into the kitchen, each panting and looking around wildly for the cause of the commotion.  Finally, they spotted Karina on the floor behind the counter.  The girls rushed to her side and, squatting on the floor next to her, put their arms around her; comforting, hugging, asking what happened, and wiping away the tears that were gliding down her cheeks.  Silently, she pointed to the counter.  The girls hesitated for a moment before getting up to inspect what the sobbing girl was referring to.  On the counter was a bowl.  Nothing else.  They looked back at Karina confused.

Between sobs, she managed to get out, "Th...Th...The ramen got cold."  Upon saying it, another wave of sobs enveloped the girl and she began to cry anew.  Bui looked at her disapproingly and Scarleth let out a sigh.  Michelle simply decided it wasn't worth the effort and turned to walk away.  Following suit, Scarleth headed for the stairs so she could finish getting ready to return to the beach.

Bui just stood there, looking at the girl on the floor.  Finally, she couldn't keep it in any longer.  "EONNIE!!!" she shouted, annoyed but not mad.  "What the hell!?!?!?"  And with that, the subject was closed.

 

Image

 

 

author's notes

So this is just a short little comedic chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it XD Another longer chapter will hopefully be coming out soon!

» layout credit