A Sight For Soar Eyes

The Ocean's Tears

 

chapter one; 

a sight for soar eyes

Image

» The sun found its way ever so slowly over the endless blue.  The sky was highlighted in purple and pink as waves rolled gently onto the sandy shore.  As the water caressed the beach, it touched eight feet.  Four girls stood staring at nothing, lost in their own thoughts as the sky began to brighten.  The sun, creeping higher and higher, glinted off the tears falling from all eight eyes.  Pain is never easy to deal with, and each of these girls knew that well.  No matter what anyone said, each new scar cut as deeply as the last and could hurt even more.

The girls stared at the sunrise, glimpsing into a world of yellow rivers and orange mountains.  None noticed as the sun slowly rose in the sky, ushering in the blossom of a new day.  Slowly, a trickle of people began to flow onto the beach as early morning rolled past.  Still, not one of the girls made a move to leave their spot.  It was as if they were statues, frozen in place and unable to feel the passage of time.  In a sense, that''s what they were.  Lost in a world within themselves, memories of the past, and premonitions of the future, causing them not to notice the strange glances they were receiving from people across the beach.

It wasn't until a little kid, about the age of 5 or 6 ran screaming past them and jumped into the frigid water, splashing all four of them that they seemed to awaken from their trance.  Scarleth rubbed her eyes as if she just woke up from a nice nap.  The other girls stretched, realizing how soar their muscles were from having stood in the same position for at least 2 hours.

"Well" Michelle tested her voice to make sure it was steady, "that was... refreshing."

Jess chuckled, knowing full well that "refreshing" was not the word for it.  Despite being in the open air on a beautiful summer day with a slight breeze and a warm sun, Karina, Jess, Scarleth, and Michelle felt boxed in, trapped in a dark, damp tunnel with no end.  Still, each managed a smile.

"I say we take a dip," Karina said playfully with a smile that could've convinced almost anyone.

Scarleth gave Karina her famous "you're an idiot" look. "Pabo, we're in our clothes, not bathing suits," she retorted though more in a joking tone than serious.

Karina looked down at herself as if she still didn't believe Scarleth and had to confirm if with her own eyes. "Well that's silly!  We're at the beach so why aren't we in bathing suits?"

Jess rolled her eyes and with a grin smacked Karina over the head. "You really are an airhead sometimes eonnie.  You're the one who insisted we get to the beach asap and that there was no time to change into bathing suits."  Karina tilted her head, focusing all of her concentration on remembering whether this was true or not.  The three other girls waited, staring at her patiently.

After a good minute, Karina's face finally lit up. "Omg!  I left the ramen in the microwave!"

Michelle shook her head and let out a sigh, this was typical of their eonnie.  Sometimes she wondered if Karina had been dropped on her head as a baby.  The thought made Michelle's breath catch in and she immediately pushed the idea from her mind.  

In an attempt to break the staring contest that was now going on between Jess and Karina, Michelle stepped a little deeper into the water and splashed Jess making her jump in surprise and fall back  onto the sand behind her.  She winced and rubbed her behind with a slight look of pain in her eyes.  She recovered as quickly as she had fallen and shot Michelle a death glare, but she was used to it.

"Ha! You blinked! I win!" Karina shouted jumping up and down legitimately excited.  Before she could finish celebrating, Jess got up and ran to the water, splashing the giggling Karina and accidentally hitting Scarleth as well.  Scarleth bit her lip and raised her fist, running full speed at Jess and knocking her into the water, but falling herself as she tried to stop.  Karina and Michelle laughed and pointed at the two now soaking wet girls.  They each took this as a challenge which they were happy to fulfill. They shot each other a quick glance and knew immediately what to do.  Scarleth ran for Karian as Jess went for Michelle, splashing them relentlessly until they too were dripping from head to toe.

They continued splashing each other, giggling like toddlers and running into the water up to the bottoms of their jean shorts. They went on for a good while, enjoying each other's company and the simple pleasures of life, until they began to hear laughter too low pitched to belong to any of them.  Almost simultaneously, the four girls turned to the source of the laughter to find four boys playful chuckling at their game.  They looked to be in either the later years of high school or the earlier ones of college, close to the ages of the girls, but they were prepared. In other words, they were wearing bathing suits.  The girls couldn't help but stare at the boys, from the perfectly done hair to the eye smiles, to the perfect lips, the slightly bulging muscles, to the defined abs, these boys seemed to be made in heaven.  They automatically noticed the girls drooling over them and the two older ones smirked while the younger ones smiled sheepishly. 

"I think it works better in bathing suits," the boy with bleach blonde hair shouted at them, laughing quietly to himself and his buddies.

Michelle took a brave step forward.  "I thought the line was 'It works better ,'" Michelle said nonchalantly.  Scarleth nearly choked on her spit.  All seven boys and girls stared at her wide-eyed.  Sure Michelle was a , but it wasn't like her to be so blunt around random strangers.  Everyone simply stared, shocked by her bold comeback (if you can even call it that).  Michelle could feel the weight of the many eyes on her, but like the death stare she was used to it and knew how to appear calm even as people judged her.

The blonde boy was the first to break the silence.  He laughed an adorable and real laugh and briefly put his hand up to cover his face.  When he removed it his lips curved up in a big smile that stretched from almost ear to ear.  "You know, you girls might not be so bad."  At that, the rest of the boys relaxed and smiled as well.  One smile caught Michelle's eye; it belonged to a boy behind the blonde kid.  Something about him entranced Michelle though she couldn't decide what.

"You'd better believe we 'aren't so bad'.  But the question is, are you?" Scarleth teased, stepping forward to back Michelle up.

The blonde boy looked up to the sky pretending to think hard on the question.  "Actually, we are pretty bad.  I hope you don't mind."  With that he gave them the sweetest eye smile any of them could ever imagine and it immediately melted all of their hearts.  "My name's Jiyong," he announced proudly pointing at his bare chest. "This is Seunghyun, but everyone calls him TOP," Jiyong said motioning to the tall boy next to him, "this is Daesung," he said stepping aside to fully reveal the boy that had caught Michelle's eye, "and lastly this is Seungri," he pointed to the last boy with black hair and a cutie face.  He looked at the girls expectantly, "and you are?"

After introducing themselves, both parties seemed to be at a loss for words.  The awkward silence didn't seem to be a good way to start their friendship, but no one could think of what exactly to say next.  It wasn't until Jess noticed that the boy's eyes seemed to be wandering a bit lower than their faces did she remember that they were all soaking wet... and wearing white shirts.  Suddenly embarrassed, she could feel her face heat up and she quickly scooted closer to Scarleth, hiding behind her and whispering in her ear.  Scarleth's eyes went wide as her face turned a bright red.  Trying to act casual, Scarleth grabbed Michelle's arm as Jess grabbed Karina's  and quickly pulled them toward their beach house mumbling to the boys that they would be back soon and were just going to get into bathing suits.  Michelle looked at Scarleth quizzically, but didn't question her motives.  Karina on the other hand was on a rampage.

She struggled in Jess' grip and shouted her objections a bit too loudly. "We can change later!  We just met hot guys and need to talk more to them!  Come on let go!  You're being so insensitive!  Don't you see their abs!? Their muscles!? Are you just going to walk away from that!? Do you guys have no hormones!?"  The fact that the boys could probably still hear them deepened the shade of red on Jess and Scarleth's faces, though Michelle didn't seem to find a problem with it: after all, boys had hormones too which would keep them from going anywhere the girls couldn't find them.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello there!!! Now this story was originally meant to be a oneshot, but I got to writting it and planning it out, and it truns out that this would've been WAY too long to be a oneshot so I've decided to trun it into a chaptered story. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, and I already have three more chapters written so they should be up soon!!! =D

-asuna

» layout credit