So... It Wasn't A Dream?

Dangerous Liaisons

Gah, I'm sooooo sorry this came out so late! I hate to make excuses... but I have one.

You see... I kinda broke my flashdrive and my stories are on it so... chapters five to seven are kind of lost for the moment. I am, however, in the process of getting it fixed, so I'll update when I get it fixed and have chapter eight written. I promise!!!

I'm really sorry for the long wait, but here's the next chapter!!!

-0-

I got woken up by someone knocking on the front door vigorously.

I was unfortunate enough to have the thinnest door in the whole house, so if anybody knocks on the front door, odds are I’ll always be the first one to notice. Usually I don’t mind, but when I wake up sore and tired, it makes we want to cut my ears off and tell whoever it is to go away.

I tried to cover my ears with my pillow to drown out the horrible sound, but it wouldn’t go away. I glared up at the ceiling before slowly getting out of my bed with a groan. Ugh, why do my muscles ache so much?

I tried to hurry out the door, but crashed into my door when it wouldn’t open. I squinted at the door, wondering why it wouldn’t open when I noticed it was locked. Unlike other doors, my bedroom door can’t be unlocked from the inside just by turning the door knob. I think the lock is broken or something but I have to turn the key so that it’ll unlock every single time. The thing is I don’t usually lock my door. Wait, why did I lock it last night?

Ugh, I can’t think straight right now.

I made my way downstairs slowly so I wouldn’t trip and break my neck. My head just feels so fuzzy and I swear I had the weirdest dream last night about people with super powers or something. I think I should stop watching those cartoons with Jae.

I swung open the door, covering my eyes when the bright morning light assaulted my eyes. “What do you want?” I grumbled, peeking between my fingertips to see Jae Hwa standing on my front porch with her hands on her hips.

“What do I want?” she repeated, giving me a stern look. “Cho Hee, we were supposed to go shopping today! What are you doing still in your pajamas? Did you just wake up?”

“Noona,” I heard Jae whined as he slowly made his way down the stairs. “Why is there so much noise?”

“Did you two seriously just wake up?” she asked, disbelief evident in her voice. “You guys are usually up by nine. It’s already ten! What did you guys do last night?”

“That’s a very good question,” I mumbled, shutting the door with my foot. “I’d tell you, but I can’t remember right now. Too sleepy.”

“Aish, we were supposed to go shopping today! You forgot, didn’t you?” she accused, giving me a glare. I did, but I’m not going to tell her that.

“Of course not,” I scoffed, rubbing my eyes and covering my yawn with my hand. “I’ll just – “

I froze when I heard a thump from upstairs. For a moment, I thought it was Jae, but then I heard something clink in the kitchen and remembered Jae already was downstairs.

Oh. My. Gosh. Last night, those whackos with the powers and the teleporting and the fire… it wasn’t a dream, was it? That means…

“What was that?” Jae Hwa asked, looking at me suspiciously.

“What was what?” I asked her back, playing innocent. If last night really happened, I don’t want her or Hana caught up in this. I just met them last night and I almost died! Twice! No, this is definitely not something they need to get caught up in. I’d stop Jae from getting caught up in this too, but that can’t be helped. He’s already caught up in this whether I like it or not.

“There’s someone upstairs,” she muttered, narrowing her eyes at me before trying to get past me.

“Someone upstairs? No way,” I scoffed, trying to act casual.

She glared at me before looking over my shoulder into the kitchen and gasped, yelling and pointing, “Oh my god, what is that?”

I whipped around. Wait, Jae is in there! What if –

Jae Hwa took that chance to race past me and ran up the stairs. Ooh, sneaky…

“Jae Hwa, you don’t want to look up there!” I yelled, right on her heels. Ugh, how can she run that fast when she’s wearing heels? I’m barefoot! I should be able to run faster than her, right? Maybe Hana is right. I should run more.

“You’re hiding something, aren’t you?” she accused as she ran to the end of the hallway, stopping in front of the door and putting a hand on the door knob. I skidded to a stop behind her, panting slightly and putting my hand out.

“Don’t turn that knob,” I ordered, although I doubt it was very effective since I was still trying to get oxygen into my lungs. That and I’m still in my pajamas. All in all, I’m not a very scary-looking person right now. “You do not want to look in that room right now.”

“What’s in here?” she demanded to know, gripping the door knob tightly.

I bit my lip. Okay, there is just so much surrounding those six men that I can’t even begin to explain. The fact that I don’t know much myself also plays a big role in that. “It’s… complicated,” I explained lamely, rubbing the back of my head.

“Lee Cho Hee, if you don’t tell me what – or who – is in there by the time I count to three, I will open this door and I will yell at you for what I’m going to find,” she threatened. I winced. People say that I act like a mom a lot, but Jae Hwa lectures like a mom. She can just go on and on and she doesn’t need to take a breath. It’s almost like torture. “One…” I kept quiet. I can’t tell, or maybe I shouldn’t? I don’t want her getting involved though! “Two…” Jae Hwa is going to kill me when she finds them in there! Well, she’s going to misunderstand the situation first, and then she’s going to kill me. Or maybe congratulate me? She has been on my case about staying single… “Th – “

She didn’t get a chance to finish because the door flew open at that moment. Looking back at it, I still don’t know who looked more surprised, Suho or Jae Hwa. I definitely know whose was funnier though.

Jae Hwa jumped away from the door, almost barreling me over and pointed at Suho. “Who is he?” she shrieked, moving her hands frantically. “What is he doing here? Wait, are you guys sleeping together?”

“No!” I exclaimed, horrified. “Jae Hwa, listen, it’s not what you think – “

“You have a strange guy in your house and it’s not what I think? What else am I supposed to think, Cho Hee?”

What else is she supposed to think? She knows me! I don’t… do that. Although now that she mentions it, it does look a little suggestive…

“He’s my cousin!” I blurted out, not thinking. My mind went blank for a moment.

“He is?” she asked, giving me an unconvinced look and pointing at Suho.

“I am?” Suho asked, blinking at me. I elbowed him slightly, telling him with a look to play along. “Yeah, I am! Um, I’m Kim Suho.” He held out his hand for her to shake and Jae Hwa stared at it suspiciously before slowly shaking it.

“I didn’t know her cousin was coming over,” she stated, crossing her arms and giving the two of us “cousins” a glare.

“It was really last minute,” I explained, giving her a grin as I elbowed Suho again to keep him quiet. I think it’s better if I’m the one doing the explaining. “He came in last night and I forgot about telling you. I promised I’d spend the day with him. Right, Suho oppa?”

“Uh, yeah,” he agreed when I elbowed him slightly.

Jae Hwa narrowed her eyes at me again. For a second there, I thought she didn’t believe me. Then, she rolled her eyes and punched my shoulder.

“I should have known you’d forget,” she scoffed, although she was smiling. “Alright, you go spend the day with your cousin. We can always go shopping tomorrow.”

“We’re… still going shopping?” I asked, trying to keep the dread out of my voice. I hate shopping. Well, not really hate. It’s more like an intense dislike for spending excessive amounts of time looking through clothes.

“Yes, we’re still going shopping whether you like it or not.” She gave me a look that had me slumping my shoulders and sighing.

“Ugh, whatever,” I muttered. I looked at Suho and motioned him to go back into the room. “Well, Jae Hwa, I think you should go now. We have a long day ahead of us.” I need her to get out of the house before someone else wakes up.

“Okay, okay, don’t push. I’m going, I’m going!”

“It’s okay; I can see you out the door!”

Once Jae Hwa was gone, I leant against the door and sighed in relief. Well, that’s one crisis averted. Now I have another one to take care of. I blew my bangs out of my face. Ugh, troublesome boys…

Jae popped his head out of the kitchen. “Why did Jae noona have to go already?” he asked as I stomped up the stairs.

“It turns out last night really did happen,” I complained, “and now I have to deal with them!”

“Okay…?” I heard Jae reply faintly, but I was already up the stairs and making my way to the guest rooms.

“Okay, everybody up,” I demanded, throwing both doors open and stalking into the first room, throwing the curtains open and turning to face the guys, who were cramped onto the bed. “Emergency meeting!”

The three boys on the bed, who I identified to be Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai just grumbled and tried to shield their eyes from the morning light. Baekhyun managed to wrestle the pillow for underneath their heads and squished it to his face. Oh, you cannot be serious!

I rolled my eyes and shoved the closest person to me, who happened to be Kai. He just swatted my hand away and buried his face into Chanyeol’s back. They are way too old for me to be doing this!

“Yah, get up!” I cried, glaring at him. “This is important!”

“Five more minutes,” Chanyeol groaned, covering his ears. They’re like a bunch of teenagers being told to go to school!

I ripped the pillow away from Baekhyun and hit all three of them hard with it. They want to play hardball, I’ll play hardball. That got them to wake up – well, open their eyes, which is a step in the right direction. Kai squinted up at me a groaned, giving me a glare. “Ugh, it’s you,” he groaned, turning back to Chanyeol’s back. “Go away.”

I put my hands on my hips. “I told you, we have something very important to discuss and I need all of you to be down there!”

“It can wait five minutes,” Baekhyun muttered, burying his face into Chanyeol’s hair.

I hit all of them again until they sat up. Kai reached for the pillow, but reached too far and since he was on the edge, he ended up tumbling to the floor with a loud thump. Curses flew from his mouth in a flurry as he sat up on the floor.

“Oh, good, you’re up,” I said unsympathetically as I tossed the pillow at him. “Meet me in the kitchen in three minutes. If you don’t, I’m throwing water on all of you.”

Kai just glared at me from the floor as I made my way out of their room to go check on Suho and D.O. I popped my head in, seeing both of them awake, if not fully functional.

“Could you guys come to the kitchen?” I asked politely. I don’t to yell at them, since they aren’t behaving like a couple of teenagers. “I think there’s something we need to talk about.”

“Yeah, we heard,” D.O answered sleepily, rubbing his eyes. “We could hear you yelling at the other guys from here.”

“Oh, good.” I turned to leave before popping my head in again, remembering something. “Oh yeah, don’t forget to get Sehun too.”

Without another word, I left and made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Jae was munching on some cereal.

“What happened up there?” he asked, squinting up at me. I could see he was as exhausted as I was, if not more. “I could hear you guys from down here.”

“Wake up call,” I answered, slumping down into a seat next to him.

“Ouch. Who was the unlucky person?”

“What do you mean ‘ouch’? I’m not that bad!”

“Noona, you once dumped water on me when I wouldn’t wake up in the morning. Twice.”

I rolled my eyes, saying defensively, “You were going to be late for school. I didn’t ask you to stay up late the night before!”

He grumbled under his breath slightly and swirled some leftover cereal in his bowl. I love it when I’m right and he can’t say anything.

It didn’t take long before I heard a herd of elephants stampede down the stairs and figure out that the guys were making their way into the kitchen. As expected, the three guys who I woke up this morning weren’t exactly happy with me. It was easy to tell who was the least happy with me though. Or maybe it isn’t. I think Kai always glares whenever he looks at me. Either that or that’s just how he always looks. Mom always did say your face would stick if it was in one position for too long.

“What do you want?” Kai growled, glaring at me as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

I ignored him, addressing Suho and Sehun, the latter being helped into the kitchen by the former. “How are you feeling?” I asked the younger man as I pulled out a chair for him to sit.

“In pain, but otherwise I’m fine,” he answered, wincing slightly as he was put down. He looked at me quizzically. “Um, thanks for helping me with my leg, uh…”

“Cho Hee,” I finished, smiling slightly as I headed towards the coffee machine to make some coffee. With the meeting I’m going to have, I’m probably going to need it. “We have something to talk about.”

“Yeah, we do,” Suho piped up. “Her friend saw me this morning.”

“Ugh, why couldn’t you have just stayed asleep?” I muttered under my breath, turning around and facing them. “Jae Hwa saw Suho and if it weren’t for a little lie, she’d be… you know what, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“I guess we’ll have to go off now,” Baekhyun said, a frown appearing on his lips.

“But what about Sehun?” D.O asked, looking worriedly at him.

Sehun waved a hand dismissively. “It’s fine. We probably shouldn’t impose,” he reassured his hyung, looking at me. “It’s very nice of you not to call the police on us and for treating my leg.”

Kai snorted, but I just ignored him again. I think that’s the best remedy for not snapping at him.

“It’s not a good idea to be travelling with a bad leg,” I added, feeling concerned. I’m no doctor, but even I know that. “And what about medical supplies? It can’t be easy to get those on the run.”

“We could always just steal some,” Chanyeol pointed out.

I rolled my eyes slightly. Typical guys. “You’ll run the risk of getting caught,” I rationalized. “I doubt Sehun could walk around very much without either bleeding out or being in immense pain.”

Sehun tried to stand up to prove me wrong, but I leveled him with a glare. “Don’t you even think about standing up,” I warned, turning around to pour out some coffee when I heard the coffee maker beep.

“What are you trying to say?” Kai asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at me. He’s not happy with me, but he hasn’t been happy with me since he met me. I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon.

I sighed, turning back towards them. “I guess what I’m trying to say is… maybe you guys could stay here for a while.”