Perfect Two [10]

Perfect Two

Seohyun beamed as she stood beside the blushing bride.

Her best friend was finally having her dream come true. She was getting "married" to the husband she'd been longing for. She sighed as she looked towards the couple.

Yoona's face was flushed pink, her eyes sparkling as she listened attentively to Jungshin as he delivered his little homily. She was clasping the little bouquet tightly in both hands. Any tighter and the bunch of roses could have been decapitated from their stems.

She never dreamed this would ever happen. When they were walking together yesterday, they had barely talked. She kept pointing out stuff and blabbering. Jonghyun had carried her books for her diligently and accompanied her until they got to the entrance of the girls' dorm.

"See you around, Yoona-ssi," he'd said after handing over her books, then turned around and quickly disappeared.

Who knew he would be "proposing" to her in public today?! Yoona sighed as she felt her heart flutter.

Seohyun looked over at the groom who was standing stiffly, his hand holding onto the bride's hand tightly but not looking anywhere else but straight ahead. She stifled a giggle that threatened to come out.

"By the power vested in me by Taeyeon noona, I now declare you married, just for today," Jungshin was saying.

He gave a mischievous grin as he reached into the inside pocket of his jacket and brought out a pair of red handcuffs. He then proceeded to cuff the hands of the bride and groom together, giving them a firm handshake before letting go.

A huge cheer erupted from the crowd when they saw the couple finally "tied" together. Jonghyun, who had been stiff all throughout the fake ceremony, simply turned around and raised a fist in the air. The remaining members of CNBLUE roared in cheers at the manly display of pride. The bride simply blushed beside him.

The three other band members clapped the groom hard on the back in congratulations. Yonghwa shook his head in amazement. Never in a million years did he think that Jonghyun would ever do something like that.

Now all girls on campus will be expecting something similar from their boyfriends, or maybe something even more, he thought.

Crap.

Now I have to think of something to top that
, he suddenly realized.

He leaned towards one side to catch a glimpse of Seohyun, who was smiling widely as she hugged her best friend. He smiled as he watched her eyes sparkle.

Her eyes.

He suddenly remembered her eyeglasses that were in his shirt pocket. Reaching up, he checked if it was still there. He couldn't wait to get her aside and give it to her. He knew he was just making up excuses, but was glad he had some sort of reason to talk to her.

"Okay, our turn next!"

Yonghwa turned quickly to the side as he felt handcuffs being snapped in place on his hand. Shinhye was beaming beside him as she held up their hands linked together.

Yonghwa's heart crashed as the implications dawned on him. He slowly turned his head towards Seohyun.

She was staring at his hand cuffed to Shinhye, a blank expression on her face. She slowly looked up towards his face and stared at him for a split second, then turned away.

Yonghwa felt like punching a wall.

Seohyun quickly turned away when she realized Yonghwa oppa was looking at her. He can't see me like this, she thought as she felt blood drain from her face. Her hands were starting to feel cold and clammy, her heart thumping loudly.

He can't see me like this.

Like what, Hyunnie?

Just... He can't see me with any reaction.


She kept her back to him as she continued to beam at her "newlywed" best friend, trying to compose herself in the process.

"You'd better take care of my bestfriend, Jjongseobang, you hear? Or you'll answer to me," Seohyun warned playfully as she lightly hit Jonghyun on the arm. He smiled shyly, dimples coming out on both cheeks. He simply nodded at her, then proceeded to hold Yoona's hand, who blushed heavily.

Sighing, Seohyun smiled genuinely for the two, who seemed to be very happy.

She could hear Jungshin starting another homily for the new couple getting married. She didn't dare to turn around, because she didn't know if she could take it.

"I'll go ahead, alright?" Seohyun said to Yoona, who was now watching the wedding taking place. She was getting dark red in the face as she realized who the couple was.

"NO! This can't be happening!" she hissed as she grabbed Seohyun's arm, preventing her from running away.

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked, leaning closer to Yoona.

Great, this is actually bringing the two closer, Seohyun thought as she rolled her eyes.

"Yonghwa oppa can't marry HER?!" she whispered, sounding very irritated and annoyed.

Jonghyun looked over and recognized the girl beside his hyung.

"Shinhye? Why not? They look good together," he said. "Don't they?" he asked as he saw his 'wife's' angry expression.

"This is the shortest marriage ever. We're getting a divorce!" Yoona hissed as she tightened her hold around Seohyun's arm.

"Oww~" Seohyun exclaimed, trying to slap away Yoona's tight hold on her arm.

"Hyunnie, let's go. I don't need a hus~"

"Wait! Wait, explain it to me," Jonghyun pleaded, holding onto Yoona's arm.

Taking a deep breath, Yoona pulled Seohyun over nearer to Jonghyun.

"I want Yong oppa to marry Hyunnie, not Shinhye. I've been going crazy arranging all those song requests and flowers and cards just to get him to notice Hyunnie, and my efforts have finally paid off! Now that girl is ruining everything!"

Jonghyun's mouth dropped open as he finally understood everything. He started blushing as he also realized that Yoona had never liked Yonghwa hyung, either. She was setting him up with her best friend.

"Pabo!" Jonghyun muttered, hitting his forehead with his palm.

"Yong oppa?"

Seohyun had repeated Yoona's words slowly. Her best friend turned to her and explained. "Ahh, he's actually my cousin, Hyunnie. We're quite close, but not many people know about it."

Jonghyun paled at her explanation. So much for his raging jealousy. He felt so stupid.

"So~~ you planned everything?" Seohyun continued to say, her voice very low.

Yoona's eyes rounded as she realized what her best friend was implying.

"Oh no Hyunnie, please don't get me wrong! I~ I~" Yoona's words failed her for the first time in her life. She dropped her hand as Seohyun removed her hold on her arm.

"Oh, I completely get it Yoong. You were simply helping out your pathetic best friend, right?" Seohyun continued to whisper, her voice getting lower with every second.

"No! Hyunnie, please, let me explain!" Yoona pleaded.

Seohyun shook her head sadly at her friend, then slowly turned around to leave.

On the background, she could her Jungshin saying, "I now pronounce you~"

She covered her ears as she started to walk away.

+++++++

Yonghwa kept looking around as Jungshin carried on with his speech. He had to find Seohyun and explain things to her.

Explain what? It's not like, you have any claim over her.

Damn it!
 He was so frustrated, but he couldn't do anything. He hadn't wanted to embarrass Shinhye in front of a huge crowd.

He finally saw Jonghyun and Yoona standing to the side of the stage. Seohyun was standing beside them, but she'd turned around and was now starting to walk away.

NOooo~ Yonghwa wanted to shout. Shinhye adjusted the handcuffs and was now holding his hand. He tried his best to keep his expression neutral.

It's just for today, Yong, just for one day... Better explain to her that she's not the one... Yonghwa closed his eyes as he tried to focus on his thoughts.

"Hyung, get off, your wedding's over, there's a line you know," Jungshin whispered. Yonghwa opened his eyes and saw Jungshin moving his head to the side.

"Let's go oppa, or should I say, hubby?" Shinhye said, giggling as she pulled him off the stage. Yonghwa was in a daze. He wasn't sure what to do next.

Suddenly someone picked up the microphone from Jungshin and started to speak.

"Hello? Mic test~"

"Hi guys. Ummm... I've been planning to do this big gesture, but Jonghyun hyung beat me to it."

Everyone turned around to see Minhyuk standing shyly beside Jungshin. He was staring at the ground as he spoke.

"It's the last day for Crushes' Week, and I haven't even revealed my feelings for my crush," he said, stubbing his toe on the floor.

"Whoooooooo~" the audience started to say, getting interested and excited.

"Well actually I just met her this week," Minhyuk continued as he fidgeted with his collar. Yonghwa couldn't help but grin at his dongsaeng, who was being too adorable. He'd already forgotten the person tied up to him.

Jonghyun was also grinning as he watched the most quiet member of the band speak up on his own in front of a lot of people. Jungshin was merely staring at him, anticipating his chingoo's news.

"Ummm, well, I only know enough to know that I like her..."

"Weeeeeeeee~" the crowed cheered. Minhyuk's confidence seemed to be boosting up with every second.

"And I would really love to get to know her more..."

"Call her out! Call her out!" the crowd started chanting, clapping their hands.

"Call her out!" Jonghyun shouted.

"Call her out!" Jungshin said as he pat his friend on the back.

"Call her out!" Yonghwa shouted.

Minhyuk smiled shyly as he nodded to the guy behind the audio equipment. A song started to play, and the crowd started to cheer loudly. The song was so cute, fitting Minhyuk's situation exactly.

 



"Okay, so here goes nothing..." Minhyuk said, clearing his throat.

"I'm not sure you even know me, or even remember me..." Minhyuk said, starting to blush.

"Fighting Minhyukkie!" someone shouted from the crowd. Everyone laughed, and Minhyuk smiled as well.

"Okay, well, I just have a feeling we're kindred spirits, and I'd love to get to know you more, so..."

Everyone seemed to stop breathing as they waited to hear the name.

"Ms. Seohyun-ssi, will you do me the honor of being my special person for today?"

Yonghwa's heart dropped at Minhyuk's words.

Everyone was cheering, but on one side of the stage, a storm was brewing...

+++++++

Seohyun stopped in her tracks the moment she heard the crowd shouting "Call her out." She was upset, but the loud cheering had caught her curiosity. Looking at the stage, she saw CNBLUE's drummer, Minhyuk. She remembered him performing a magic trick when he'd delivered a rose for her. She'd also seen and heard him DJ for the school radio.

Sighing, she turned around to leave. She really didn't want anything to do with Yonghwa and/or CNBLUE for that matter. She just wanted to be alone for now, and even her best friend Yoona was out of the picture. Her FORMER best friend.


"Ms. Seohyun-ssi, will you do me the honor of being my special person for today?"

She stood rooted to the ground after hearing those words. Did she hear it correctly? Did he really say Seohyun?

Turning around very slowly, she looked towards the stage and saw Minhyuk looking around the crowd.

He hasn't seen me, maybe I can just sneak off~

"Over there! She's over there!" someone shouted.

Oh no, they've caught me, she thought as she started to turn around again, but Minhyuk had already seen her.

"Seohyun-ssi?"

Plastering a smile on her face, she turned back towards the stage and smiled sheepishly at the crowd. She could feel a blush coming on.

Don't look guilty, don't look guilty, she muttered to herself as people kept turning around to look at her.

Smiling shyly, she waved at the people nearest to her as they stared at her. They were all probably wondering who she was.

"Hey, she's that violinist from the other day, right?" someone whispered on one side. Murmurs started to spread as people started recognizing her. Suddenly feeling embarrassed, she let her fringe fall down and cover the side of her face as she kept her eyes on the ground. She knew her face was really red right now, and she didn't know what to do.

A pair of shoes suddenly showed up in front of her. Looking up slowly, she discovered the lovely eye-smiling Minhyuk standing right in front of her. He was blushing brightly as well, but he looked determined. He was holding up a bouquet of pink roses.

"Seo~" he paused as he tried to clear up his throat.

"Wait," Seohyun interjected, holding up a hand. Minhyuk looked surprised and confused. Seohyun thought he looked like a lost puppy and suddenly lost the heart to dissuade him. A movement at the side of the stage caught her eye. Looking over, she saw Yonghwa start to come forward but was held back by the handcuffs linked to Shinhye, who was standing firmly in her position. He looked annoyed as he stared at the handcuffs. As if feeling her gaze on him, he looked up and stared directly into her eyes. She quickly looked away again.

After getting a deep breath, she gathered up her strength and smiled. She looked up at Minhyuk and whispered.

"Did you say 'today' like meaning, just for one day?" she said, pouring all her charm into those words.

Minhyuk blushed and looked flustered. "Well, yeah, I mean, we can take it one day at a~"

"Okay! I'll accept your proposal," Seohyun exclaimed. The people nearby who heard it erupted in cheers, and the rest of the crowd starting clapping and shouting. She saw Minhyuk give a huge sigh of relief and gave her a smile. He held out his arm, and she placed her hand daintily in the crook of his elbow.

I could probably get to like him... Seohyun thought as she walked with him. I'll probably regret this later on, but...

but he's not him, and he's with her, but i'm with him, so...

Just live in the moment Seohyun...

+++++++