Awkward

Obscure Shadows

 

 

Breathe in and breathe out, that’s all I have to do. It’s not that hard, just have to keep on-

“Yah!”

Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up and noticed a very angry Youngjae hovering over me. Not wanting to enrage him any further I answered back.

“Y-Yes hyung?”

“Finally! Do you know how many times I called you before you answered?” Shrinking back a bit into the couch I continued to remain silent as Youngjae assaulted me with further complaints.

“The world doesn’t revolve around you Junhong, so don’t ever think you can act like this with me. When I call you, I expect you to answer quickly. Do you understand?”

Nodding my head in acknowledgement, Youngjae swiftly brought his hand up and harshly let it collide with my left cheek. Tears started to form in my eyes, as I brought my hand to my burning cheek and began to gently massage it in an attempt to erase the stinging sensation. The discomfort did not stop there unfortunately, for I soon felt a great pain start to spread in my shin as Youngjae proceeded to kick the same spot over and over again. Turning my gaze towards Youngjae, all I was met with was a look full of hate and a bit of disgust. 

“Are you stupid, deaf, or just mentally ill? I said to answer me when I asked you something you little piece of , and I meant it.” Shivering slightly, I attempted to ease his anger with an honest apology.

“I-I-I’m sorry h-hyung. I understand, I won’t do it again I p-promise.” I managed to say, as I tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall over my cheeks. Smirking, Youngjae started to laugh for no apparent reason, leaving me a bit confused and frightened as well.

“Oh my god you’re so pathetic!” he said in between laughs. “Who the hell do you think you’re fooling with those bogus tears? Do you think that’ll make me stop? Make me feel sorry for you?” Shaking my head in disagreement did nothing but make him scoff.

“Listen up Junhong, because I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings between us. I hate you, and that will never change no matter what you say or do. So I don’t want to hear any “hyung” bull from you at the dorms. It’s alright to pull that outside when the cameras are rolling and people are watching, but I swear if you ever try coming near me any other time just know that I’ll beat the living out of you, araso?” 

Too scared to go against him I merely answered, “Yes…”

“Good” he said smiling, but then changed his tone to a more dangerous and frightening one “Now get out of my face before I have to smack you again.”

Not one to disregard warnings, I briskly stood and began to vacate the living room I had once been occupying. Just when I thought I had gotten away unscathed, I came face to face with the only person who could turn an encounter with Youngjae from passive to lethal in a second.

“Junhong-ah! Where have you been? Hyung’s been looking all over for you!” said the man, as he captured me in a crushing hug. Desperate for air I spoke out.

“H-Hyung please, I need...air.”        

“Oh sorry Junhong, I get too carried away sometimes, you know?” he said sending me a smile. I couldn’t help but return the gesture, but was quickly reminded of the current danger I was still in thanks to this man’s appearance.

Maybe I still have time to get out of here, I better make up an excuse fast.

Bowing my head I let out the first thing I could think of. “I’m sorry hyung, but I have to go finish my homework. I’ll have to talk to you later.”

Happy with my excuse I began to make my way towards the doorway, and away to my room, when a pair of arms around my waist halted my movements. Dreading who it might be, I peered over my shoulder and was met with the one and only Busan Wonbin. Scared for my life, I tried to remove his hands from my waist, but nothing I did worked. Desperate I started pleading with the older man.

“Hyung c-could you please let me go? I really have to go do my homework now.”

“Aww that’s too bad, I really wanted to talk to you right now” he said as he pouted. “Well if you really have to do your homework I guess I could let you go.” Daehyun said as he started to loosen his hold on me.

Thankful for the chance, I was about to leave when his next words froze me on the spot. “Hey how about I help you out? It hasn’t been that long since I was in high school, I’m sure I could be of some use.”

Turning around cautiously, I could see and almost definitely feel the animosity that Youngjae was directing towards me. I knew that if I wanted to live any longer, I’d have to find a way to turn Daehyun down.

“No, it’s really ok hyung. I already know what to do, plus I wouldn’t want to be a bother.”       

Enveloping me into another hug, Daehyun spoke happily, “Nonsense! You’ve never been a bother to me Junhong.” He said beaming. “I’ll always be here for you when you need me, so don’t hesitate to ask.”

Pulling away from me, he captured my hand in his and intertwined our fingers.

“Now let’s go, we can’t talk if that homework never gets done, right?” he said as he started to lead me towards my room.

Deep down I was a bit relieved that I could get out of Youngjae’s sight, but the ever larger part of me feared the retribution that he would have in store for me when all the members were gone, and I was alone. Looking back one last time, I could see the promise of suffering and pain in Youngjae’s eyes as he whispered his final words before turning to leave.

"This is war."

___________________________________________

 

So there’s the first chapter ^w^ Hope you enjoyed reading

Leave a comment about what you thought

Thank You and until next time, Bye!