A Brush of Fate

Jeremy, You Are Beautiful

 

“No, No,” I sighed angrily. “Not today, unnie.”

                “You’re coming,” Eun said quickly, dragging me by my hand across the paved sidewalk of downtown Seoul. “I have to babysit you so that means you come with me. No choices.”

                “I don’t wanna see A.N. JELL,” I replied. She stopped short as we approached the huge music producing company where dozens of fans had already lined up, signs held high and chants of excitement filling the air.

                “You will do as I say,” she scolded and joined her friends for the possibility of seeing four singing men. I sat down on the edge of the road and put my head on my knees.

                My name is Jenna (it’s American because I am), and I was adopted into the Mi Shoo family as a child. I do vividly remember the United States, however, and I don’t remember seeing all these crazy fan girls, and definitely no one as crazy as my older sister Eun Mi Shoo. While my sister had the beautiful chestnut eyes and dark brown hair of most Koreans, I had vibrantly red hair and big green eyes. Unfortunately, due to this fact I stood out in most crowds of Seoul and didn’t go out often. So Eun dragging me here was beyond a bad idea. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts, trying to ignore the stares that were coming from those passing by me.

                “A.N.JELL! THERE THEY ARE!” one girl yelled particularly loudly, and the shrill screams of several girls choked the air as if it were trying to kill those around. I covered my ears and stood, trying to escape the on-coming crowd of girls. Suddenly I ran into someone and my phone was knocked completely out of my hands. I quickly knelt down and started to search frantically for my phone when I brushed someone else’s hand. I looked up slowly to see a boy with very bright blonde hair, mesmerizing brown eyes, and an odd look on his face. He was stunningly attractive, and not in a muscular way but in a beautiful kind of way. His eyes were caught on mine and he smiled at me slowly. Suddenly a name came into my mind (thanks to my sister) and I knew exactly who it was I was staring at like an idiot. Jeremy from A.N. JELL.

                “I’m so sorry,” I apologized quickly, using English instead of Korean in my rush. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

                “Huh?” he replied.

                “Sorry.” I picked up my phone and ran off, trying to forget how embarrassing that moment just was and found my sister towards the back of the crowd, sighing in impatience.

                “Where were you, Jenna?” she asked in annoyance. “I couldn’t see you. I got worried.”

                “I’m…fine,” I replied shakily, finally in Korean. Thank God. “Just caught up in that annoying crowd of people.”

                “Annoying. Tut tut, sister, little do you know we’re dedicated fans,” she grinned. “A.N. JELL will never die!”

 

I sighed and shook my head, trying to think of anything BUT the way his eyes had met mine, as if time had stopped or something equally ridiculous. I was beginning to sound more and more like my sister and all those fanfictions she read to me….”Until their company drops them and they’re forced to sweep the streets for the rest of their lives.”

                “Ah, but think how y of a street sweeper they would all make,” she said, closing her eyes and going off into dream A.N.JELL land, a place that I never hoped to be.

                “Let’s just go home, unnie.”

 

------

Comment any suggestions or what you think ^^ i'd appreciate it~
-MyCherryTomato