Chapter 25 - Heat Wave!

Ace Fighter 2: Revenge of the Ice Princess

Ok, heres the update :)


“Nana, is she ok?” Nicole’s voice rang through Nana ears.

“Yes, I got her, no worries.”

“Nicole, you have to get Soyeon unnie out, Hara and I will handle Jessica.” Nana spoke through the microphone before ending their conversation.

The duo which was facing Hyoyeon, slowly lead their fight with Hyoyeon nearer every inch to the ice wall where Soyeon was surrounded with. Attracting their opponent by avoiding Hyoyeon’s move in the direction of Soyeon, they managed to land a few meters beside Soyeon, where their leader had already tried all sorts of methods in getting out of the ‘cell’.  

 The duo also saw Nana and Hara moving around swiftly and breaking the ice shards into pieces at the opposite side of Soyeon. Not able to helped, Soyeon looked troubled.

“I can handle her, get Soyeon unnie first.” Uee shouted as she spun around and avoids the trio ball which landed on the nearest vehicle along the road. As the trio ball hit the car, it immediate went burning and within seconds, a loud explosion occurs, sending several parts and pieces of the car flying and landing around the road.

“Soyeon unnie, can you hear me?” Nicole knocked on the ice to get Soyeon’s attention.

Soyeon nodded, “The ice wall is too strong, and my ability does no damage to it.” Sad to say her voice was overwhelmed by the shattering noise of ice and the constant explosion caused by Uee and Hyoyeon, even by yelling, her voice would never be louder than such ‘background music’. Apparently, Soyeon microphone had dropped off from her collar when she battled with Jessica at the start. The earpiece was the only thing left for her to communicate, through hearing at least.

Luckily, the ice wall was transparent, allowing Nicole to be able to see every action done by Soyeon, since that was the only way for her to ‘speak’.

“It’s okay unnie, I can’t hear you from hear,” Nicole who doesn’t know the fact that the earpiece of Soyeon was still intact with her tried to speak through actions, pointing her ear and shook her head with a sad expression. Soyeon who could clearly hear Nicole speaking laughed at her funny actions. Soyeon lifted her hair at the side and show her earpiece to Nicole.

Nicole mentally face palm herself, finding her actions a few minutes ago absolutely dumb. “Soyeon unnie, stay away from the ice walls, I’m melting it. Just stay in the center, it may be quite warm, so please hold on for a while alright?” Nicole smiled cheerfully, at such chaotic situation, managing to smile like this shows that Nicole was definitely confident. Indeed, her smile was her treasure. Soyeon nodded and showed an okay sign, moving into the center of the open spaces within the ice wall.

Focusing her thoughts with her eyes close, Nicole reached into her inner strength for one of her stronger attack. “Heat Wave!” As Nicole speaks, heat starts surging out from her body, emitting to the surrounding air and spreading throughout the whole area. Nicole’s attack seemingly works against its nemesis. The ice wall slowly melted as water started dripping and flowing down from the sides.   

Sensing the surrounding temperature was getting higher and started to sweat profusely; Jessica looked around and saw Nicole’s action. Jessica, the controller of ice ability hate to sweat and normally don’t sweat, even if she was involved in a fight or a very intense exercise. That’s was her ability in her, what the researchers had did to her genes, causing her to sweat only when her threat was around, which at this point was heat.

“You must be kidding me.” Jessica wiped off her sweat on her forehead. “Hyoyeon! Cool down the temperature and turn on the A.C!” She shouted out to the blonde girl and formed an ice barrier at her surrounding, blocking off the heat, which was coming off from Nicole. Jessica’s ice barrier was a form of defensive skill which allows her to fend against fire moves only, while other form of attacks are still able to cause any damages and she, whom was protected in the barrier was also able to retaliate. However, this barrier normally doesn’t last long.

Hyoyeon received her orders and changed her target from Uee, whom was standing right in front of her to Nicole, whom was standing stone behind, focusing all her inner strength.

Hyoyeon shot a trio ball right at Uee as a feigned attack. Since Uee will counter this move with her whirlpool, it will cause a small explosion which will form black smoke as a cover for Hyoyeon. Making use of the chance, she moved forward bit by bit, trying to get near to Nicole and get a direct shot at her, disrupting her and injuring her in the process.

However, things tend to goes against her plan. Before she could get closer behind the black smoke, Uee had sent a pulse of water, giving her a headshot, drenching her from head to toe. As the black smoke dispersed, Hyoyeon saw Hara standing right behind Uee. Hara had already shifted over from the fight against Jessica to Hyoyeon, trying their best to keep their opponent away from Nicole. Since Hara had read her mind, what Hyoyeon planned before would be a failure.

“I hate it when people test my patience.” Hyoyeon flared and started to release static, hoping to get rid of Uee in a go and Hara wouldn’t be a threat.

“Do that and you will injure yourself.” Hara advised. Hyoyeon got backfire from the electric attack that she had mistakenly used, receiving light burns on her arms.

“You know it well yourself don’t you? That’s such a stupid move, heat wave is sufficient to stop that electric move of yours, even if you command three different ability, fire goes well against electricity, you can’t run away from this truth.” Hara chuckled as she explained, reminding Hyoyeon not to do anything stupid again.

The tables suddenly turned around. Due to the heat wave used, Jessica was being affected and wasn’t able to maximize her ability, instead she also received burn on her limbs, just that it doesn’t shows any marks like Hyoyeon, something like an inner injury like Soyeon. Hyoyeon also wasn’t able to many changes either. Her electric moves were block by Nicole, and that’s the best way to get rid of Uee and Hara. But now, left with fire and water, she was not having an upper hand against Uee. Thinking at what Hara had said, she knew that they were both outnumbered and outwitted. No matter how strong they were, retreat for temporally seems to be the best option to reduce all injuries and problems to minimum.

Starring at the Bumper which was already on the ground long before, she looked around for Victoria and Jessica, seems like their plans had failed.

Moving over slowly, she grabbed Jessica’s hand, “We have to go.”


Hihi again. Yes it is a short update.

I apologise for it to be in this length... I jus got freak out and piss off by th new SKE news... -.- (someone broke my kami-oshi record.)

Anyway, i will keep on updating. So don't worry, next one, probably slightly longer i think? I can't promise anything, especially with fighting scene, i don't know how to describe many of th actions. But I'll do my BEST!!!! >.<

Oh, THX for commenting too ^o^ I do take your comment very seriously, although i normally don't reply. SO do comment \(^o^)/