High? HIGH!: Chapter 2

High? HIGH!

YOU SAT on the porch, dazing out. You were now at your future husband’s family residence still absorbing your new condition. You’re going to get married soon. Kris’s -the name he made you call him- family treats you nicely. Like yours did to you, they also treated you like a princess. Except for him who would just always annoy you. You hated his arrogance, his sarcasm, his thick brows which always mocks you and you hated his smirks. You hate everything about him and this fixed marriage definitely won’t work.

The first day you arrived, he made you take care of his spoiled younger brother. “It’s preparing for the future,” he said. The idea made you blush but damn, you hated his brother as much as you hated him. He just laughed at you every time the brat hits you, talks back to you and when he touches your sensitive parts. That night, he snuck into your room and teased you. He called you mean things and didn’t let you fall asleep until he got tired of you. 
The second day, he invited you to have a date with him but when the two of you ventured out, he constantly left you behind at places you’re not familiar with. And then now...he made you wait outside his room for some crazy sadistic thing again. It has been almost an hour! If this wasn’t for your family, you would’ve already beat him the first time you met him.
Regret –it’s all you’re feeling right now. You only wanted your freedom. Specially on a situation like this. You hated yourself for coming back. But you hated yourself more for running away and making things worse. If you hadn’t, maybe the business wouldn’t have fallen apart.
“What a life...” you rubbed your temple.
“Hi, baby.” You frowned when you heard this familiar voice then burried you face on your palms. “Let’s go on another date.”
 
THE NEXT few minutes, you were already at a local carnival with Kris. You were totally against the idea but his mother happens to pass by and recommended this place. You were left with no other choice again. You tried playing gold fish scooping but your net would always tear apart.
Kris laughed at you, “The fishes hate you.”
“Why don’t you try it?!” You challenged him and he agreed. He wins, this day will be your treat. But if you win, it’s his.
“Watch me, Chang Yanmei.” He scooted beside the small inflatable pool of little fishes and examined each of them. He smiled and held his cup filled with water over a brightly colored one, following it around the pool. With one swift scoop, he carried the fish above the water, enough to catch it on his cup. The owner congratulated him as he transferred it on a clear plastic. You paid for your game earlier.
“How’s that, huh? I got a fish,” he teased you like a kid while waving the bag in front of your face.
“Yeah, right.” You rolled your eyes then started walking away from him. “You don’t know anything about dating. You only care for yourself. A guy should always treat the girl and not make her pay for you. You should purposely lose to make her confident and you should cheer for her, not until she gets mad!” You kept on talking but you didn’t really cared if he was listening or not.
A hand suddenly grabbed yours and spun you around. It was Kris and he pulled you forcefully that you almost tripped. Luckily, you landed on his chest. You found out that although he’s skinny, his chest was wider than it looks like. You shook off your amazement when you realized his arms have already travelled and locked around your waist. You wriggled about to break free but it was no use. People started eyeing the two of you and you felt embarrassed.
You hissed, “Let me go, Kris!”
“Do you expect me to be like that?” He ignored your command.
“I never said that! I was just...ranting...!” Then you begged for freedom.
He lowered his head to your level, “I don’t want to let go of you yet but...if you kiss me, then maybe I would.” Your eyes grew wide as you tried your hardest to move your face away from his’. More people stopped and watched the two of you, murmuring and giggling. You felt that your face was getting hot. You’re actually beet red that moment.
“I thought you were pleasing and seductive?” Kris smirked as he provoked you. You tried to beat him with your fierce glare trying not to lose your character...but you sighed in defeat instead.
“I knew you would give in. Now put your hands around my neck,” he instructed with a rather low voice. His arms were still on your waist and showed no sign of letting you go any time soon.
“I hate you for this,” you gritted your teeth. You tip-toed to reach his lips, slowly and nervously.
Kris looked at his side then at your eyes. He released you as he sighed. “Let’s go somewhere else,” he whispered followed by other words that you weren’t able to understand.
Three circles formed on your face. Gaping at him, your hate grew more. “Argh! Why do I have to suffer like this?!” you cried out as you pulled your own hair.
 
SLEEPINESS hit you when the two of you went back. You rubbed your eyes while trudging to your room. A rest would really help you forget the embarrassment earlier. But Kris called you.
“I want to drink jasmine tea with rice cakes...at the top floor in five minutes.”
“Are you trying to kill me?!” you growled. Good heavens, their house has nine floors! How does he expect you to bring that in five minutes and at your tired state?
“If you don’t, I’ll barge in your room again...with my little brother.” You clucked your tounge then obeyed. You mumbled a few words about how this society because females are always on the lower level. You shook your head when you thought you could like him if he was just not sadistic like this. He thinks he’s all high, and mighty. 
 
“HERE’S your afternoon snack, your Highness.” With a tone of sarcasm, you placed the tray beside him just on time. Your breathing was ragged since this was the ninth floor afterall. You wiped droplets of sweat on the side of your face with your sleeve.
“Ahh~ I wanted oolong tea afterall,” he sighed sounding regretful. “Can you get me oolong tea instead, my dear?”
“What? Are you kidding me?!” you hollered at him with your balled fist. He shook his head with a playful smile.
“I want oolong tea.”
Three...two...one. You couldn’t take it anymore. You slapped him...hard. His mouth hung open in surprise. A red mark of your hand painted his cheek. You held your hand in pain as you started to speak, “How dare you treat me like this? Do you plan to make my head explode in anger before we get married, huh? Because if that’s it, then I won’t let you make that happen! I’m here for the sake of my parents, not to be your toy! You don’t even now how hard this is! S-stop being so cruel...” You try not to cry but that big painful lump in your throat was making things harder. You spun around and stormed out finally letting a few tears escape your eyes.
 
YOU LAID on the bed with your stomach, head facing the opposite of the door. You’re still at Kris’ residence. As much as you wanted to go back home, you couldn’t because you’re obliged to stay there until the two of you get married. Your eyes immediately got swollen as you can see in the mirror you were staring at. Slowly, you fell asleep and didn’t notice that someone had already entered your room.
 

 

A-yo! Ssup?
Do you like it? Tell me~ /puppy eyes
One last chapter to go!
Don't forget to leave a comment!
Give the author some love~
Lol.
-- ILoveRappers1104