High? HIGH!: Chapter 3

High? HIGH!

 

“DON’T you know how much I like you, Yanmei?” a voice so soft echoed in your peaceful dream. A hand carressed your cheek and a warm breath inhaled your sweet tea scent. You were so indulged in your dream, it felt so real.
As you place your hand above the hand that was lovingly touching your cheek, the man in your dream whispered, “I love you...”
You woke up from the weight squeezing you. You slowly pried your eyes open. It was dark in your room and the reflection of the mirror shows that it was already night outside. You tried to sleep again since you didn’t want to show your face (specially not your eyes) to anyone.
“AHHH!” You jumped off of your bed.
Something moved from it, “Wha- what’s happening?” a man groaned.
You ran to switch on the lights but the man tucked inside your blanket. A pile of orange hair was left sticking out. “What the hell are you doing in my room, Kris?!” you growled. “Get out!”
Kris comfortable rolled his back at you. “I’m still sleepy,” he groggily whined.
Foot steps came rushing to your room. Someon knocked continuously, asking what happened. You slammed the door open and was greeted by Kris’ worried parents. They have just returned from their café. You explained the commotion in an annoyed tone.
Kris’ father bursted laughing, “I didn’t think that my son will be this fast.”
“He’s just like you, dear,” his mother added.
You widened your eyes in surprise. Won’t they scold Kris for barging and sleeping in your room? They always do that for you whenever their son bullies you.
A sentence made your face heat up, “We think that Yifan really likes you, after all.” The two laughed contentedly.
 
THE FACT that Kris’ parents told you that he might like you made you feel uncomfortable around everyone in their residence. You can even run away from Kris now and don’t care about what bigger punishment he might do to you later.
“Yanmei!” he called for the umpteenth time. You didn’t respond and hid in your room under the bed. Your room showed no sign of you entering it earlier. The two of you seemed like you were playing hide-and-seek and he’s forever the ‘it’.
You heard the door slided close then footsteps started fading away. You let out a sigh of relief then squeezed yourself out.
“How stupid do you think I am?” A voice startled you, you bumped your head on the wooden bed.
You yelped, “Ow! Damn you, Kris! You are so dead!” You threatened as you moved faster to get out. Half of your body was already showing and you’re still struggling to be freed under your low bed. “Help me out!” You heard his signature smirk. Calling him for help wasn’t the best idea.
“Of course, I will help you, my dear future wife. You didn’t have your punishment yet.” Another spiteful sarcasm that pissed you off. He grabbed your free arms with a smile. You’re sure to be punished. “Why are you all red?” he suddenly asked in a worried tone and you immediately thought of his parents’ words. Your hate for him became a second thought now. “Do you have a fever?” He placed the back of his hand on your forehead. Kneeling down, he gently pulled you out of the bed.
You ran up to your bed and hid under your blankets. You shooed him away.
“Why are you acting like this? Is something wrong?” He was an idiot to ask. You frowned underneath the pink cloth. Everything was wrong from the very beginning.
“Leave me alone, Kris. I’m not in the mood,” you hissed, words slightly incoherent.
Kris sat on your bed. “Do you hate me that much?” he frowned but his voice was nothing near on being annoyed.
You scoffed, “Isn’t it obvious?” The room instantly fell silent when you least expect it. You thought he was going to scold you. You felt him shifted from his position.
Kris placed his hand on your shoulder. “I’m sorry...I’m sorry if always make fun of you,” he started. His voice was so sincere, so soft. “It’s because I can’t express myself well when it comes to this kind of thing. I don’t know what to do when I’m with you. But I don’t know what to do, too, when I am not. I liked you ever since your parents told me everything about you. I liked you more when I saw you. I love you, Yanmei.” His last sentence echoed endlessly in your ears. “I’m sorry. I should be going. I’ll tell my parents to cancel the wedding.” And with that, he left you.
 
YOUR life came back on how it used to be. You went home to your parents. No more sadistic acts from Kris. The business had survived because of his family. They were kind enough to just help your family without the marriage.
At a time like this, you should be happy as your parents. But, no. You didn’t feel that at all. You felt something was missing...someone was. A few days with Kris seemed like years to you. It was as if you really know him for a very long time but in fact, he was just part of your punishment.
A month has passed and you kept yourself busy working all day. After helping at the restaurant, you tiredly walked to your room for some nap. You sat on your bed and reminisced the time when Kris would bug you at this moment. You let out a heavy sigh.
The door of your bathroom opened and a man walked out of it.
“Oh, you’re back,” he casually greeted.
Your eyes widened and your heart raced. You felt guilty. You were the reason why the two of you separated form the start. You saddened youself but you were really happy to see him now. Slowly tearing up, you bit your bottom lip. You ran to him with arms wide open ready for a hug. “Kris!”
He caught you in his arms. Dotingly, he kissed you on the top of your head. “So you missed me, too, huh,” he chuckled.
As much as you don’t want to say it, you did miss him. “What are you doing here?” You asked between sniffles.
“I just wanted to personally return these.” He held a black lingerie in front of your face.
You immediately turned red. You swiftly took it from him, “You’re such a ert!”
He just laughed at you. You looked up at him and you saw his eyes full of emotions. He looked very sincere. “I really came here to see you. I just really wanted to... I know you have someone else and I should just accept it but...”
“What do you mean I have someone else?” You released your arms and took a step backwards. You tilted your head in confusion.
“You have someone else that you like,” he replied with the same cofused tone. “You said his name when your mother called you.”
You tried to look back and remember that day. He was talking about Luhan, your crush at the place you worked in Korea.
You started giggling. “I dont have a relationship with him, silly!” He asked you what you meant. “He’s just my crush. He’s really pretty, so I always look forward every time he comes to the restaurant.”
“Are you sure about that?”
“Very.” You nodded. He replied with an arched brow. “Don’t question my loyalty! You’re the only one I like!”
Still, he raised them, asking you to prove it.
You walked towards him and wrapped your arms around his neck. He did it, too, around your waist. You tiptoed until your face was only inches away from him. He told you that he loves you. You smiled contentedly, “I love you, too, Kris.” Your lips closed the gap between the two of you and shared a long passionate kiss.
 
The End 
 

 

I hope you liked the story~
I know. I at endings.
Excuse me for some grammar errors and typos...
I hope it's not too many. >___<;
Please leave a comment about your opinion!
Everything is accepted. ^^
Thank you for subscribing and giving time to my story.
Vote up if you can. I will totally love you if you do! Lol.

DO NOT PLAGIARIZE! :)

-- ILoveRappers1104