A SHINee Valentine's Day

A SHINee Valentine's Day

Baby, why are you doing this to me?
Who's fallen in love with you?

Key hummed to himself as he pranced around the kitchen retrieving ingredients. Since today was Valentine’s Day, he was baking a batch of cupcakes from scratch to share with the other members of SHINee.

“Made carefully with only the most delicious ingredients and more importantly, my love!” Key said to himself as he blew a kiss to everything he had laid out.

Key put on his apron and a chef’s hat, singing and dancing to himself all the while. He was beaming as he combined everything. Before putting the cupcakes in the oven, Key delicately drew a heart in pink food colouring on top of each one. He knew that they would be covered by the icing, but he still didn’t care. With a contented grin, he put them into the oven to be baked. After cleaning up his workspace, Key decided to write a note to his bandmates.

“Dear everyone,” Key said aloud as he wrote, “Since today is Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d make you some cupcakes to show you how much I love you! I hope you love them as much as I love you~!” Key kissed the paper and signed his name, “Love, Key.”

Breathing a sigh of satisfaction, Key eagerly waited for his cupcakes to finish baking. They say “a watched pot never boils,” but Key couldn’t care less; he the oven light and peered in through the door to watch the cupcakes bloom like flowers in spring. As he removed them from the oven and left them on the counter to cool, Key grew more excited with every minute that passed. Soon, he would be able to adorn his cupcakes with all kinds of fancy decorations.

Happily, Key began frosting his cupcakes according to his bandmates’ favourite colours. Some yellow ones for Onew, some red ones for Jonghyun, some blue ones for Minho, some white ones for Taemin, and a few pink ones for himself. He carefully arranged them on a platter, placing his note in the centre of the display. After cleaning up again, he called all of the members into the living room for his gift.

“Surprise!” Key exclaimed as he carried the platter into the living room. “I made them just for you. Happy Valentine’s Day!” he continued.
“Happy Valentine’s Day!” the other four members replied as they each reached for a cupcake.
“They’re even frosted in our favourite colours!” Jonghyun noted.
“Read the note.” Key eagerly encouraged.

Onew picked up the note and read it aloud to the other members.

“Aw, Key!” everyone said in unison.

They gathered around Key and hugged him, putting him in the middle of a group hug.

“I love you guys!” Key exclaimed.
"We love you too!” The others exclaimed in response.

With that, everyone sat down again to eat the lovingly-prepared cupcakes and enjoy the rest of their day together.