TWENTYTHREE

Irresistibly Wicked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was past sunset when we finally reached back to the city.

Before this and after the “babo” statement, Sehun and I talked less for the remainder of the time, if that’s even a surprise. In point of fact, we walked along the lake-side in complete silence, and the atmosphere was a bit awkward I couldn’t even meet his eye.

There’s definitely something about what he said that bothers me, that thing regarding his dislike on guys getting near me besides himself? That’s silly, is he trying to be a guardian or something?

I know he hates me. He’s really mean and cold and stingy and his words don’t make sense.

In contrary to my judgment of him, the music inside his car right now are of love songs and heartfelt melodies—which is totally... odd.

So, I slowly and cautiously gaze at him from the corner of my eye as he soundlessly drives beside me. He is, as usual, on a pokerface. Just then, his irises instinctively travel towards my direction, catching me in the act of staring at him that it makes me jolt abruptly. I snap back on the road ahead of us yet my heartbeat is speeding erratically from his attention, and there’s this discomfort from the core of stomach that I can’t point a finger to. Sehun drifts his attention away to his ipod, scrolling and pressing a song which resonates a hip-R&B sound. The lyrics convey possessiveness, cycling a word growling, and growling, and stuff. Like who would’ve thought that someone like Oh Sehun fancies songs as this.

From that moment on, the song has never changed. Seriously what the hell? I couldn’t even count how many times it looped throughout the whole ride. I’ll be having a last-song-syndrome I’m sure.

When we finally reach my house, I immediately trudge out like my life depended on it. My and back aches from the long sitting ride and my ears are swelling from that goddamn song! I swear I’ll sing those lyrics over and over again up to the shower! Sehun steps out shortly afterwards and fishes my handphone from his pocket.

“Your phone,”

I snatch it from his hold so rapidly. “Thanks.” I snort. “The song inside your car lovely by the way.”

“Oh you noticed.”

I scoff, stopping myself from blabbering; oh I wouldn’t notice after you played that song for like forever.

Sehun gives-off a smug smirk. “I purposely played it for you.”

Yeah. How annoyingly sadistic.

“…if you understood the lyrics.” He murmurs to himself but I've heard it.

I brush the thought of what he meant and begin to whip around when Sehun speaks again. “One more thing...”

I turn back to face him, finding his expression painted with seriousness. “In case you’re still dumb to comprehend everything..."

My eyebrows automatically meet.

“I’m into you.”

Sehun closes his mouth to a line. My breath clogs inside my throat as I watch him turn his back and drive away.

Like a zombie, I stomp inside the house with the echoing voice of confusion conquering my brain. “I’m into you.” I whisper to myself repeatedly, as if it’s a question on a test paper I hardly know what to answer. I stare down at my phone, clicking it on, and the music player welcomes right away with a song left on pause. My thumb touches the play button and Sehun’s song plays all of a sudden. I have no idea when he'd placed the song in, but it's probably to annoy me again. As I follow every beat of its lyrics, how the masculine voices of the band shout out its adoration for a girl by threatening everyone who nears her ferociously.. Slowly, it shoots me.

My mouth drops and my eyes widen in realization.

“I just have to take you away, alright?

“You, belong to someone else.”

“I dont want any other guys near you... except me.”

“I’m into you..”

HOLY! MOLLY!

I slap my forehead hard, biting my lip in agitation. As I lock my room’s door shut, by every word of the song’s lyrics, I disbelievingly shake my head non-stop. No way… Sehun couldn’t have liked me, right? Sehun couldn’t have that so-called “feelings ” for me, right?

WHY WOULD HE LIKE ME??

IS HE STUPID?!

 

 

*

 

 

It’s by then at the morning, on the way to school, when I slide on my phone and see an unread message from Jongin. I hiss in panic as I welcome the thought of him thinking that I neglected him. There are 4 missed calls, and one message with “Hey?” on it.

Oh crap! Crap! Crap! What if I made him mad again? What if he won’t talk to me again? What if? What if? What if???

Somewhat nervous, the first thing I did when I got to school is to look for Jongin. Almost every student in campus is busy with their own activities for the upcoming Spring Festival. Booths and Decors are sprawled in every direction and I’m confused on where to go. Stolen glances are evident from the other students’ eyes, perhaps wondering why Park Jaera is acting stupid again, but I focus more on finding Jongin rather than entertaining my fear of attention. Where can he be?

Base on what’s happening, could it be that he’s also busy preparing for the Spring Fest?

So I stand by the Practice Room, fiddling with my legs apprehensively, and bracing my knuckles to knock. Two knocks and I turn the knob, slipping my head a little to look. A few boys are inside, all attentions raised as they stare at me.

“Uhh.. Is.. uhh.. Is Jongin h-here?” I ask, gripping the door shakily.

One guy, whom I recognize the last time, smiles at me warmly. “He’s right there..” He points toward a door within the room. I awkwardly step inside and the other guys make cooing sounds as I enter.

It surprises me when I see Jongin practicing there alone, facing a really huge mirror while dancing an upbeat, contemporary dance without music. He immediately sees me on the mirror and stops, turning around. It’s a bit new to me to see him wearing something like hiphop clothes, baggy pants and a cap which he wears the opposite way. He looks like a kid.

His face scrunches and I immediately cough to speak. “Hi..”

“Hi?” His eyebrow rises.

“I.. I w-was just.. a-about y-yesterday, whe–“

Jongin’s eyes flicker, and he turns back to the mirror again. “It’s okay.”

But I’m unconvinced with what he said. Jongin dances again, seemingly forgetting my presence. I watch him for a moment, nervous because I don’t know what to do, if I should just leave or what.

“Jongin?”

“Hmm?” He dances still.

I walk towards him and grab his wrist. He stops. He stares at my hand which is quivering against his skin then up to my face.

“I think you’re mad..” I say.

Jongin smiles, a smiling laugh, and it pacifies my agitation a little. “I’m not mad, really.”

“Oh," I snap shut. "T-That’s.. good... then..”

“So you came here so early just to check if I’m not mad at you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter