SIXTEEN

Irresistibly Wicked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits to cherifer for this cute banner! ♥

 

My heart jumps under Sehun’s shadowy stare. My pulse quickens, but my body freezes all at once. We stare at each other for the longest time I hardly counted within my petrifaction. His eyes are boring into mine, and I dart my face cowardly before he can thoroughly kill me in this torturing tension. There’s a faint ringing in my head, like a reverberating sound of tremor and fear.

He knows..

But how?

There is a huge part of me that desperately wants to ask. But then, that’s admitting that I’m an impostor and I cannot spew that from my own mouth, especially not for this guy.

Again, I’ve got to lie, convincingly lie.

I’m formulating another tell tale when he cuts me deceptively.

“Enough with all the bull. You can escape once, but never twice.. from me..” A bell of warning comes from his virile voice. He is being painfully serious that I shiver rottenly.

“What is it that you want?” I rasp.

“I want to know what’s behind your play show.”

Blood drains from my face and bile rises in my throat.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I shove myself avertedly from him, backing desperately to take a breather.

Sehun tilts his head and smirks mockingly. I’m sure he didn’t buy my denial but I have to stand for this.

He squirms and I can tell from the look on his face that he’s growing impatient about me.

“Just to inform you, I have already uncovered your dirty little secret Ms. Park, now it’s up to you if you want everyone else to know the truth.”

Holy crap. Is he blackmailing me? This man is completely, completely domineering. The knots in my stomach are twirling unbearably, and I think I’m already losing in this battle of wickedness.

The response that he is waiting for didn’t come. I can’t even keep a hard face on from the pressure he’s disclosing between us, but I won’t say a single thing.

He heaves a long sigh upon my disinclination before speaking up. “It’s not difficult to tell that you’re entirely a different person based on your actions, but I must admit, you have had me a hard time.” He titters sardonically. “Usually I can put away a person’s personality in just one encounter, but you—you were an exception. I tentatively thought that you just have some personality disorder, but you’re so easy to read. You just at lying.”

I bite my lower lip. My eyes are twitching relentlessly.

“So it could either be… some split-personality disorder? or some other explanation, right?” He probes. “Something like… genetically having someone who totally looks like you—like having a twin.” He smirks as he said it, and I gasp soundlessly.

How could he even get to a conclusion like that? That’s too clever of him to fill the puzzle piece by piece, to think that he and Jaera weren’t even close to start with. What more can I say?

“Evidence?” He mocks, “Your rich daddy’s not to hard to search on google..” His glare becomes playful, speculative, but also reserved. “What did I find out?—He has identical twin daughters.”

With that, I’m fully blown-busted. My heart’s speed rate fluctuates and my head falters wearily.

“Please…” I speak in defeat, “Don’t tell anyone else about this..” I beg despairingly under my voice.

This is my doom.

“What did you say Jaemi-ssi?” He badgers.

My head bobs and I grab his arm in panic. I sigh in resignation and gape at him with pleading eyes.

“Please?..”

“Answer me then,” He croaks.

I sigh for the umpteenth time and explain everything to him excluding the part that Jaera forced, or most-likely and inconsiderably—left me to it. He is eyeing me comprehensively, catching every detail of my unfortunate predicament.

His eyebrows crease, thinking deeply.

“When will she be back?” He asks faintly.

“I’m not sure,” is my lame response.

It is supposed to be frightening, but the distressing lump in my chest feels somehow lighter after I have confided Sehun about my situation. There’s just this feeling of worry that he might use his knowledge about the secret against me.

“Have I fulfilled your curiosity now?” I breathe out.

“Considerably.” He smirks.

I pout. I wish I can read what this guy is thinking even a teeny tiny bit. He is too concealed and mysterious. I stare at his undeniably handsome face, and he is regarding me inquisitively. I can’t even understand what his motive is, why he’s sticking his nose to my business when he’s apathetically snooty to care.

I gather enough air before breaking the huge question-mark in my head.

“Why are you doing this?”

His pink lips curve to a grinning line. He steps closer and gawks straight to my eye.

“Simple. You interest me.”

 

 

*

 

 

By the next day, the whole campus seems to be a lot busier than usual. Students are running around, announcements are hollered every other hour, and troupes and committees are huddled in every corner.

The bags under my eyes are heavier though, and my body flails ill-fully, as if I worked my for 24 hours the day before. Yeah, it just when you lack sleep and your mind keeps on functioning although physically you just want it to shut down.

Of course the main reason for this exhaustion is no other than.. Oh Sehun.

That guy.. He kept me up all night. Every once and a while the image of him appears in my head, just like how gorgeously hooded his eyes are, and how his toned voice utters sharp statements.

Also, there’s too much that bothers me. Just like; what the hell does he mean when he said that he interests me? It is too vague. What’s so interesting about me? That guy is just so.. argh! He’s strange, veeery strange. Then there goes the terror of him spilling my secret any time. Just imagine how big of a trouble it is when that happens?!

So here I am, trying not to get paranoid over the probability, yet miserably failing.

What even more is the fact that I’m alone right now, and I’m getting huge goosebumps when people stares, and whispers and peeks about me because what if they already know? What if Sehun has already divulged my identity?! Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Seriously!

I wish Tiffany is with me. But she’s too busy with the cheerleading team and she’s been so dedicated about it that she couldn’t even spare a time to talk. It seems like so many things are haunting me and I am trapped in a nightmare I can’t escape.

I pass by the bulletin section and read the posters and banners just to distract myself for a while. Everything is in regards to the Spring Festival. My heart drops when I happen to remember that I have a pictorial tomorrow! Shoot! What must I do about it?

Jaemi, what have you gotten yourself into?

As I walk to nowhere, thinking and sulking and deteriorating in every level, I see Luhan under the same cherry blossom tree. This time, he’s not sleeping but is rather absorbed on his laptop seriously. His small face wrinkles as he slouches in concentration, his lips pouting at the same time. So cute.

I jump with a “tada!” to startle him. His puppy eyes widen dramatically but we laugh short-after.

He is actually working with our project alone. I fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter