{ chapter 001 }

❝ Amorous ❞ → SM Entertainment's New Girl Group | Apply c l o s e d♡

 

“BoA-sshi, do you have any words about the new girl group you are mentoring?” Showbiz Insider's interviewer asked. SM Entertainment's very own BoA and their CEO, Kim Youngmin were having a press conference regarding SM Entertainment's future as a company.

BoA chuckled, “ah, I see they're gaining a lot of publicity!” She shifted her gaze to her boss, gaining permission to speak about the young girls. “One of the members, Woo Miyoung, has already been revealed but I'm assuming you'd all like to hear the rest of the members?”

“As well as their positions and relatives if they are related to anyone, that is.” Another interviewer said, reminding the crowd about SM Entertainment's words about how each member was related to an existing idol.”

“Other than Woo Miyoung, twin sister of Block B's Zico and younger sister of Co-Ed's Taewoon, we have two lead vocals: Bang Jooyong, the younger sister of B.A.P's Bang Yongguk, and Emily Park, younger sister of Dalmatian's Simon Park. For our lead rapper, we have Oh Aemi, Exo-K's older sister. Next we have our main dancer, Jung Hana, Girls' Generation's Jessica and f(x)'s Krystal's cousin. Then we have our jack of all trades, Kim Jung Hee, SHINee's Kim Jonghyun's younger sister. Lastly, we have Kwon Soojin, our main vocal and the half-sister to 4minute's Kwon Soohyun.”

“Two lead vocals?”

“Yes, the reason is that Jooyong and Sumin are both wonderful singers and I wouldn't dare name one of them a lead vocal and the other as a 'regular' vocal.” BoA smiled. “These girls will have their first teaser released on the 1st, and they are scheduled to debut on the 5th of January.”

 

 

“Jooyong unnie, are you excited?” Junghee chimed as she linked her arm with Jooyoung. Although it was strange for trainees to get along, especially since most of them think of other trainees as competition, Jooyong and Junghee had a close relationship.

“I course I am,” Jooyong giggled. “Who wouldn't be especially after that press conference!” As Jooyoung and Junghee both entered SM Entertainment's main dance studio, they noticed Sumin, Hana, Aemi, and Soojin already there, sitting in the black chairs that were in the middle of the room. “Are we late?” Jooyong whispered to Junghee.

“Come take a seat!” Hana said, waving her hands to the four empty seats. “Miyoung hasn't arrived yet, so we're just waiting for her.”

“Do you know why we're here?” Soojin asked. “I mean, other than BoA sunbaenim talking to us about debuting.”

“She'll probably tell us about what type of music we'll be recording.” Aemi responded. “Although, it's kind of strange considering the fact that the debut date is soon and we weren't given anything to work with.”

“Sorry I'm late,” a voice apologized as the door of the dance studio opened, revealing the last member of the group. “A lot of people were blocking the doors outside.”

“Hey, Miyoung.” Sumin greeted as Miyoung took a seat next to her. Trainees being friends were rare, but it was never impossible.

“What's going on here?” Miyoung asked, taking off her red blazer and placing it on her chair. “I know it's winter, but it is hot in here.”

Sumin lightly chuckled, staring at the white clock that was on the wall. “BoA sunbaenim asked us all to come here; I'm sure you're aware of that.”

“Are you all here?” BoA spoke as she walked through the door, looking a gorgeous as ever. She was dressed rather casually with black skinny jeans and a gray hoodie paired off with a high, messy bun. “I know you all know what I'm going to tell you all.”

All the girls stared at BoA with a twinkle in their eyes, hoping the next few words out of would be news of their debut. As BoA took a seat in empty chair and smiled at the girls, she continued speaking. “You all aren't debuting.”

“W-What?” They all stuttered, looking at each other in shock and speechlessness.

“No, I'm just kidding.” BoA airily laughed, pretending to wipe the tears from her eyes. “I'm not that mean,” she said as she witnessed the sighs of relief from the others girls. “As you all heard from the press conference that you girls will be part of Amorous. You've all heard of your positions, but not your stage names, correct? When I asked each of you if you'd want a stage name, the only one who didn't want one was Soojin. Other than that, Miyoung will be M.Young, Jooyong will be Joy, Aemi will be AU, Hana will be Arbella, Junghee will be J-Hee, and Emily will be Suko.”

As the girls nodded in approval as BoA spoke again, “for the leader and visual position, the leader will be Aemi and Hana will be the visual.”

“Sunbaenim, may I know when we'll be able to learn to choreography of our debut song?” Aemi asked.

“Ah, but you guys have already learned the dance!” As the members gave each other another confused look, BoA chuckled before continuing. “Each of you have already learned and perfected the dance! Do you all remember the chorography that Greg gave you to dance to SHINee's Replay? Well, that's the dance you all are debuting with.”

“I- I don't understand,” Jooyong mumbled, staring at Junghee who was equally confused.

“I know it's a little strange, but the CEO and I both decided to give you this task as a test so we could see that you all are perfect for the group. When you all record your title song, the dance you danced for Replay will be used for your song.”

“So does that mean the song with sound like Replay?” Junghee asked, face full of worry. Since she was Jonghyun's younger sister, Junghee was worried that there would be a lot of controversy surrounding the group – especially since their debut song will sound like her older brother's debut song.

“No,” BoA smiled reassuringly. “As you all know, Replay was known as the “magic dance” since so many songs like Hyori's U Go Girl and TVXQ's Mirotic fit the dance so well. Greg and I both modified the dance so that it still has that ability, but still looking different at the same time.”

As the girls nodded their heads in understanding, BoA began telling the girls about their schedule. “Tomorrow, I will give your song that was written by Girls' Generation's Tiffany and f(x)’s Amber. They also recorded the demo, so you all won't be in the dark of what the song will sound like. After you all get used to the song, which hopefully will be the day after, we'll be going to the recording studio and we will be dedicating the entire day for recording. After that, on the third day, you'll be moving into your dorms and focusing on perfecting the dance with your newly recorded song. And the week after you debut, you'll be having a photo shoot with Exo for a school uniform advertisement.”

“Where is the dorm located?” Miyoung asked as soon as BoA finished her words. There was a small amount of worry on her face; as if the location will hinder her. “Is it near the building?”

“It's about ten minutes away by walking and five minutes away from the subway station.” BoA snapped her fingers as soon as she remembered the set of advice to the girls. “Debuting at a young age is very rough; especially since most of the people today are very rude with their malicious comments. Do not let it get to you or else it's just going to get worse. It's a lot harder since you all happen to be related to an idol, so don't let anyone tell you that you all haven't worked hard for this. None of you got into this group just because you were related to an idol; you got into this group because of your potential.”

- - -

Author's corner:
This is a really late update, but better late than never, right? ^^; Anyways, this chapter is just basically an introduction, but I promise it'll be better (and less confusing) in the future. ouo

And those who were not chosen,  you WILL be in the story! It's not a huge role, but I'll be sure to put those who have stayed in the story! ^^

Anyways, happy (late) new years, y'all! <3