Why Won't You Notice Me?

I’d Give You All of Me

 

 

x

 

The air was heavy with the dull beat of the music, heat pressing in from every direction as throngs of people pushed and passed by and moved and danced. Kikwang’s eyes struggled to adjust to the dim lighting of the club, hues of red and green and blue pooling into his pupils before drowning into the seemingly neverending darks of his eyes.
 
He frowned in distaste as bodies pressed up against him, a hand here and a leg there; he pushed his way through the crowd, eyes searching for a familiar brunet. It wasn’t long before he’d found his target and Kikwang scowled deeply as he reached out a hand to grip the other’s arm, startling the latter out of his rather drunken reverie.
 
“What the hell do you think you’re doing here?” he hissed, lips hovering over the other’s ear.
 
Junhyung smirked, eyes unfocused, as he lifted his glass and waved it around before Kikwang’s eyes. “What does it look like I’m doing, kid?”
 
Kikwang frowned at the unsteadiness in the elder’s voice and dug his fingers deeper into the latter’s arm, earning a sharp hiss in response.
 
“You had us worried sick,” snapped Kikwang, eyes livid as Junhyung laughed and stumbled forward, moving off his seat.
 
“Worried?” echoed Junhyung, eyes glazing over as he took a shaky step back, glass nearly slipping through his fingers. There was a pause between two songs and a loud cheer as glass shattered at the other end of the bar; Junhyung laughed. “Why worried?”
 
Smirking faintly, he turned back towards the counter, leaning over it heavily, as he drawled out another order, his voice drowned out by the next song which pounded through the speakers. Kikwang frowned irritably and slammed a hand down against the counter, effectively catching the elder’s attention as Junhyung looked down at him over the rim of the dirtied glass in his hand.The dancer opened his mouth to say something heatedly, eyes narrowed, before flinching in surprise as a cold hand pressed against the back of his neck, drawing him nearer to the youth standing in front of him.

 
“You’re so perfect,” murmured Junhyung, voice low. Had it not been for their exceptionally close promixity, Kikwang would not have caught his words at all.
 
Blinking, Kikwang frowned and pulled away, a faint shade of pink dusting his cheeks as he mumbled, “You’re drunk.”

“I’m not,” smirked Junhyung, pulling away as he downed the rest of his drink.
 
Sighing, Kikwang rubbed the back of his neck, ignoring the dull vibration of his phone as it signaled a call.
 
“Hyung, let’s go home,” he tried, voice tired, as he pried the glass out of the elder’s hand.
 
Blinking, Junhyung turned to look down at the younger properly, taking in the wide eyes and full, parted lips as his gaze traveled over his face. There was something in the younger’s eyes that made his heart clench and tighten; the softness and care and worry which reflected off of Kikwang’s eyes made Junhyung’s breath catch as he looked away, voice dropping to a strained whisper. “He’s a lucky man…”

Kikwang frowned, trying to catch the elder’s words as he stared up at him inquisitively, brows furrowed. “What?”

Junhyung sighed softly, pushing himself off the counter as he shook his head, a wry smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. “Nothing,” he mumbled, gaze falling to the floor as he turned away and started pushing his way through the mess of dancing bodies, ears pounding with beat after beat as the song changed again, lights flashing and burning his sensitive eyes.
 
Confused, Kikwang hurriedly followed after him, struggling to keep up with the stumbling youth as people moved and pressed in between them, laughter and yells resonating off the tiled walls of the cramped space. Curling a hand into the back of the latter’s shirt, Kikwang pulled him close, attempting to drag him back out. “Hyung, come on,” he pleaded, voice cracking in faint surprise as Junhyung threw him a cold glance over his shoulder before shaking him off.
 
Flinching at the gesture, Kikwang stilled and bit his lip tentatively, as he watched the elder walk away.

 

 

 


Junhyung retched again, breathing shallow, as he hunched over the ground, bile pushing up his throat. His hands shook, beads of perspiration sticking to his forehead as he leaned forward and emptied the contents of his stomach again, mind spinning. Kikwang sighed and crouched down next to the elder, hand rubbing soft circles on the latter’s back as Junhyung shuddered and retched again. It had taken another hour to find the stubborn rapper and all of Kikwang’s strength to drag him out of the club before Junhyung had collapsed against the wall outside, face scrunched up in displeasure as he fought to keep down both food and alcohol. 

It was another twenty minutes before Junhyung had calmed down again, limbs buckling beneath him weakly as drunken nausea rolled over him in waves of discomfort. He struggled to take in deep, heavy breaths as he leaned back against the bricked wall, eyes closed and lips parted, hair matted to his forehead. 

“You okay?” murmured Kikwang, breaking the silence between them after some time.

Junhyung remained silent for a few minutes before tiredly opening his eyes as he pushed himself off of the wall and shifted his weight onto the younger’s petite form. “Yeah…” 

Kikwang smiled faintly as he wound an arm underneath the elder’s arms in an attempt to steady him, before helping him to the car parked a few metres away. 

“Your shoes are dirty,” mumbled Junhyung, voice strained, as he fought to keep his eyes open. 

Kikwang glanced down at his shoes and noted that they were indeed dirtied with remnants of Junhyung’s prior sickness. Biting his lip hesitantly, he shrugged and offered the other a reassuring smile, “It’s fine. They’re just shoes.”

“I’m sorry,” Junhyung countered, gaze apologetic, “I’ll pay for new ones.”

Laughing, Kikwang shook his head and lightly nudged Junhyung’s hip with his own. “Don’t worry about it, alright?”

Junhyung sighed inaudibly, leaning against Kikwang heavily as he nodded and glanced away, muttering a faint, “Thanks, Kiki.”

Surprised, Kikwang blinked up him before breaking into a bright smile, eyes disappearing into half crescents as he let out a soft giggle. “Don’t mention it, hyung. Let’s just get you home.”

 

 


The ride home was quiet as Kikwang focused on the road, occasionally glancing at Junhyung who kept slipping in and out of consciousness, small snores escaping his lips. 

Once outside their apartment building, Kikwang parked the car around the back before sighing tiredly and leaning back into his seat, pinching the bridge of his nose as he momentarily closed his eyes. Looking up, he noted the time and bit his lip lightly. Surely the other members would be asleep at this time. 

Leaning over the seat, he lightly tapped Junhyung’s shoulder, murmuring a soft, “We’re home,” before getting out of the car and making his way to the passenger side to help Junhyung out. Blinking slowly, Junhyung pulled away from Kikwang, trying to find balance as he felt his head clear momentarily. Pushing past the younger, Junhyung quietly made his way into the building, Kikwang following suit. 

Once in the elevator, Kikwang felt Junhyung lean onto him again and glanced up at the latter. “Are you alright?” he murmured, earning an unsure nod of the head in response as Junhyung pressed a hand over his abdomen in discomfort.

Throwing the elder a worried glance, Kikwang supported him the rest of the way to their flat before helping him into the living room. Junhyung groaned, eyes sliding shut as he fell back onto the couch heavily. Kikwang disappeared into the kitchen before reappearing with a glass of cool water and aspirin, handing both to Junhyung who took them gratefully. 

Sighing heavily, Kikwang dropped down onto the couch beside him and closed his eyes as he felt an oncoming migraine— something he’d been experiencing a lot the past few months. 

“I feel like ,” croaked Junhyung, voice hoarse as he cracked open an eye and turned to look at the boy beside him. Kikwang chuckled in response, placing a hand over the former’s forehead as he bit his lip.

“Go lie down,” he said, sitting up straight as he tugged on Junhyung’s arm. Frowning, Junhyung whined quietly as he allowed himself to be pulled up before dizzily stumbling to the bedroom, succeeding only in walking head first into the doorframe as he winced and whimpered.

Biting back a laugh, Kikwang smiled slightly and shook his head, placing a hand on the small of Junhyung’s back as he led him into the bedroom, trying to be as quiet as possible so as not to wake the others up.

Gaze flitting about the room, Kikwang blinked and chewed on his lower lip, smile fading as he noted Yoseob’s absence. His chest tightened as he noted their leader's empty bunk as well, brows furrowing ever so slightly. Ignoring the dull ache in his heart, he plastered on another smile before helping Junhyung into bed. He then sat down beside him, running his fingers through the latter’s thick hair as Junhyung sighed and rolled over onto his front, letting out a soft whine as his headache grew. 

Grinning softly, Kikwang straightened up, “Want me to get you anything?”

“Water,” murmured Junhyung inaudibly. Kikwang nodded and slid off the bed as he slipped out of the room silently, returning moments later with another glass of water. Poking Junhyung’s back lightly, he ordered the elder to sit up straight, making the latter groan as he reluctantly sat up and held out a hand for the glass before taking a generous sip. 

Sighing, Junhyung leaned back against the headboard, beckoning the younger to come sit beside him once more as he smiled faintly, “Thanks.” 

Smiling softly, Kikwang shrugged and hummed in response as he pulled his legs up against his chest. 

Junhyung chuckled. “No, really. Thanks, Kiki.”

Kikwang laughed, playfully elbowing the elder’s side as he pulled a face, “Stop thanking me.”

Biting his lip, Junhyung glanced away, smiling sheepishly. “I’m sorry…but, I really am thankful.”

Shaking his head, Kikwang chuckled and frowned in mock offence, murmuring, “You say it as if I don’t usually do anything for you.” He laughed quietly under his breath, lightly flicking Junhyung’s arm. “But you’re welcome.”

This time, Junhyung’s smile was wider, more genuine, as his gaze softened. “You’re too nice to me,” he murmured. “I don’t understand how you put up with me.” 

Rolling his eyes, Kikwang grinned and shook his head again. “Aish, you’re such an idiot some times. How often do I have to tell you that you’re a great guy, and I love you just the way you are,” he smiled brightly, ruffling the former’s hair affectionately. “Don’t be so hard on yourself.”

Junhyung looked away, smile fading as he mumbled inaudibly, “You don’t love me enough.”

Blinking, Kikwang frowned in confusion as he leaned in and raised an eyebrow, trying to catch the other’s words, “Huh?” 

Flinching, Junhyung chuckled dryly and barked out a short laugh, “Nothing.”

Kikwang’s frown deepened in curiousity before he allowed himself to relax and smile. “If you say so,” he sang, voice clear and soft, as he giggled quietly. 

Junhyung gazed up at the younger quietly, a faint smile unconsciously playing on his lips. Catching the elder’s gaze, Kikwang stilled momentarily and blushed, before smiling sheepishly as he turned away. He laughed under his breath as a quiet whine resounded through the still air of the bedroom, breaking the silence, before Dongwoon rolled over and hit his head against the bed post. 

Raising an eyebrow, Junhyung scoffed at this as the youngest resumed his sleep, unpreturbed by the slowly forming bruise on his temple. Kikwang’s soft giggle pulled him out of his dry amusement and Junhyung blinked, glancing at the younger before smirking faintly. 

“Hey,” he murmured, catching Kikwang’s attention, “Kiki, how about we play a game?”

Raising his eyebrows, Kikwang tilted his head curiously, smile fading, as he surveyed the elder’s face. “Uhm, what?” Junhyung had never quite been one for games and amusement. Laughing, Junhyung grinned as his fingers wrapped around Kikwang’s arm and tugged the smaller man down over him. Tensing, Kikwang stared down at the rapper, eyes widening minutely.

Junhyung’s smirk returned as he rolled the both of them over, changing their positions. “Why are you always so tense?” he murmured, fingers dragging down the other’s sides. His voice seemed to echo in the small, quiet room as Kikwang stiffened and shrunk back into the sheets in alarm at the sudden shift in the elder’s behaviour.

“J-Jun, you’re drunk,” he stammered, eyes wide with alarm as he anxiously glanced around the room, fully aware of the hand sliding underneath his shirt as he gasped quietly. 

“Am I though?” came the hushed reply, voice laced with just a hint of amusement as Kikwang swallowed nervously. Junhyung chuckled lowly— the sound caught Kikwang off-guard and he flushed visibly. The silence was deafening as they lay there, perfectly still, before he spoke. 

“Why not me?” 

The quiet whisper seemed all too loud and clear in Kikwang’s head as Junhyung leaned in closer, eyes flashing with something remotely close to pain. Swallowing, Kikwang shook his head and took in a shallow breath, murmuring, “I don’t unde—”

“Bull,” hissed Junhyung, cutting the younger off and earning a flinch in response. Gaze softening, Junhyung sighed and looked away, mumbling, “You know perfectly well what I mean.”

Kikwang took in a shaky breath, looking anywhere but up at the man above him, heart racing as he tried to figure out what he could possibly mean. The realisation hit him hard and fast as Junhyung’s hand slid up to his chest, and Kikwang breathed in sharply. Dark eyes searched the elder’s face for any signs of jest and Kikwang bit his lip hesitantly, voice barely above a whisper, “I’m sorry.”

 

 


 

A/N: Dundundunnn! Sudden ending because I'm mean and I want to have something to work on for the next update sobs :| This probably won't be longer than two or three chapters so asdfghjkl;;. I have too many incomplete fics now omg no