Porcelain Touch

Porcelain Touch

 

Chapter 2

 

            Tension. That’s what’s I’m currently feeling right now especially that I’m standing here together with my teammates in front of the council as if we’re the one who will be sentenced.

            “Relax Kris. Everything will be fine” I felt a bit relieved as Luhan touches my trembling hand.

            “Yeah.” I simply said as I smiled at him.

            The room got a bit darker and footsteps can be heard. The council has arrived. They sat on their respected seats and in front of us, a huge LCD slowly showed up from the ceiling.

            “We will now start the hearing.” An old husky voice from one of the council stated.

            My teammates and I look up on the screen as it started to show a pure white background.

            “Good evening.” Anonymous.  “I’m sure you are all aware why we’re gathered here. It’s been quite a long time since we’ve done this. And I’m not impressed on the reason behind this.” I gulp. I felt bothered and at the same time was afraid on what will the verdict will be. Please… save her.

“Kai” I look at Kai as Anonymous called out his name. He’s more serious than the usual. “I’m glad you’re okay now.”

“Yes sir. Thank you for your concern” Kai said as he bowed down to show respect.

            “The past happening was a huge disappointment for me. Innocent people got involve in an attack we all didn’t expect.”

            “She didn't mean that.” I protested. I felt Luhan’s hand on my shoulder. I look at him, he shakes his head telling me not to talk back. Aish!

            “Aya… was a traitor.” One of the council said and murmurs around started.

            “She should be destroyed.” Again, the murmurs get louder.

            “No. It’s not her fault. Someone must have hacked her system. There must be something happened while she’s in France” I said.

            “She left France without any official permission from the government. It’s betrayal for them.” Another one from the council stated. “If we don’t do anything about her, French government would set war against us.”

            “But…” I tried to defend her but, another one from the council interrupted me.

            “Kris. I’m sure you know that once a machine was set out in their respected country, the creators should not get involve.” Murmurs of agreement surrounded.

            “We should destroy her!!” the old husky voice from the council shouted and the room roars with approval.

            No. They can’t do that.

            “If we destroy her, we will never know the truth of why she went back here not being her self and started killing and even hunting her creators.” Everyone lower their voices down as Lay stated his opinion. I exhaled in relief. Lay, you’re such an angel.

            “I saw how she looks. She’s not in her self. Someone must have been controlling her.” We all look at Luhan. I smiled.

            “Then who will pay for the murder of the innocents? Their families are expecting justice from us.” Again, murmurs started when a member of the council spoken.

            “What do you think Kai?”Anonymous asks. We looked at Kai who was silent all this time. He looks at each one of us. As he stared at me, I suddenly felt nervous. Kai?

            “We made her. It’s our responsibility to fix her bug. If we fail, do as you please.” I tap him on his shoulder, felt relieved.

            “10 days…” We all stared at the screen. “I’m giving you that time frame to do your job. Fail to do so, we will give Aya to the French Government to execute her.”

            With that, the screen turns off while the council has protested. Well, we don’t care. As long as, Aya’s safe and we can fix her, I’m happy.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

            I sat on the couch beside Tao. His story was quite impossible, but, it’s true. There’s a weird unconscious lady in my sofa. Well, it’s here and I can see how happy Tao is while watching this lady. This night was sure was long and I’m freaking sleepy. I’m dozing off when I got awaken by my door’s buzzer. What now?

            I’m about to stand up from my seat yet, I paused when Tao hops his way towards the door. Looks like he’s expecting this. Who is it this time? I look behind my seat as he opens up the door.

            “Geez Tao. It’s late. Thank God I’m concern for you.” What the… Suho?

            Tao gave Suho hyung a big hug. Hyung looks like he run a thousand miles and as usual, he’s in panic everytime we call him in this hour.

            I stand up and waited for them to proceed at my place. Hyung placed his umbrella behind the door and walks inside followed by Tao.

            “Hyung, what are you doing here?” Why did I even ask?

            “Tao called me and he said it was an emergency” I knew it.

            “But hyung… it is” Tao said and pointed out the lady. Suho’s eyes widened.

            “Wow… she’s…”

            “Wearing my clothes.” I said. While Tao’s narrating what happened, I put my clean clothes on her. Well, Tao’s kinda allergic in doing that. Silly brat.

            “That’s not what I meant” Hyung walks beside her and check her arms.

            “She's a machine. A rare one.”

            “You know?” I ask.

            “I told him about her while on my way here.” So he called hyung.

            “You should have brought her in his place then”

            “But, hyung told me to bring her here.” I frown. Why at my place? I’m about to oppose again but looks like Hyung noticed it.

            “Between the three of us, you’re the only one who could have a female at home. You now what I mean right?” he smiled and winks at me.

            I just pout and sat back on my seat.

            “So, can you wake her up?” Tao asks, standing behind the sofa looking down at Suho who’s kneeling beside the lady.

            “Let’s see.” Hyung turns her around.

            “She’s broken” I said. Well, I’m not quite sure but, I’m pissed now.

            “She’s not. I heard her talked a while ago” Hyung and I look at him. “She said master”

            “Well then…” Hyung stands up. “Get me two wires and a plug” he ordered Tao and our maknae runs somewhere around my house. Nice. That’s what you call, feel at home =____=.

            “You actually think you can fix her? Tsk! I doubt.”

            Hyung grin “You’ll see.”

            After few minutes, Tao returns with stuffs that hyung has asked from him. I wonder where he got those.

            As Hyung started doing his mechanical thing, I took a magazine and reads comfortably at my seat while Tao was holding the lady’s hand and talking to her. As if she can hear him.

            “I’ll name you Ai.” I frown. I slowly remove the magazine off my sight to see what this panda’s up to. “Once hyung fixes you, I’ll walk you around here. Our city has a lot of beautiful places you’ll surely love.” Hyung has smile on his face.

            “That is ridiculous Tao.” I said as I place the magazine on my lap. “She’s a machine. Not a human.” But to my surprise, Tao points his tongue out at me. This brat. I threw the magazine on him but too bad, he dodge.

            “Okay stop it.” Hyung said when I’m about to chase Tao. “Let’s try this” Tao got excited and well, I got curious so I went beside hyung who’s ready to plug the socket on her.

            We are all nervous as we look at each other. “Here goes nothing” I gulp. Hyung plugged the socket and…

            *BOOM*

            We cough and cough from the huge smoke coming from hyung’s failed engineering. Thank god there’s no fire but… we have no light.

            “Hyung where are you?” I ask while being blinded by the darkness and smoke.

            “Baek” I got stun as hyung touches my arm. “Good thing you have a flashlight here” he said holding a flashlight.

            “Where’s Tao?” I ask worriedly.

            “HYUNG!!” okay… that made us more worried. I hold firmly at hyung’s arm as he carefully walks where Tao is.

            Our eyes widened to see what Tao’s holding.

            “Hyung look” there’s a smile on his face.

            “OMG” I said. There… in the sofa, the unconscious lady was now seating and… smiling at us.

            “She likes me” Tao said happily standing beside the lady. I look at his arm and indeed, looks like that lady really likes him based on how she holds at him.

            Just after few minutes, the electricity went back.

            “Do you know where you are?” Hyung asks. The lady tilted her head on the side. “Do you remember anything before you got here?” he asks again this time, I got serious.

            “No.” OMG she can talk.

            “What’s your name?” hyung asks again. Instead of answering, the lady looks up on Tao like a puppy.

            “She’s Ai.” Tao said with a smile. The lady nodded also with a smile.

            “Ai.”

            Suho hyung and I look at each other.

            “Looks like, our baby bro got a girlfriend.”