Finale

Within Thee Immortal

― Epilogue ―

 

 

 

8 months later, November 27, 2013

 



"Kyungsoo!"


Kyungsoo looked up from his closet and leaned back to see Jongin coming into the room, "Yes?"


"Oh, there you are. Where are you going? I thought you had a day off?"


"Yeah, but you don't, so I'm working today and maybe even overtime." Kyungsoo smiled nervously and put on a jacket, hiding a shaky cough.


Jongin nodded, a little muddled by Kyungsoo's behavior, but he replied, "Oh, I guess that's okay. See you later tonight then?"


"Yeah, bye."


"Kay, later." Kyungsoo walked out of the room and house in a hurry, he knew he looked a bit suspicious though. But he had to leave because he was already late.


He drove out to the city in less time than he expected and when he parked in front of a house he sat silently. "What if they forgot? What should I say? I haven't seen them since the funeral..."


Kyungsoo, after much contemplation, got out of the car and walked up to the porch. He knocked three times, fixed his hair, and cleared his throat. The door was then answered by a woman old enough to be his mother.


"Kyungsoo dear!" She opened her arms and embraced him with welcome, "My, Kyungsoo, you just become more handsome as the days go by."


Kyungsoo hugged back and groaned, "Oh, Mrs. Park, you're too kind. Thank you, though, you look just as beautiful as always." He pulled away with a smile.


"Oh, Kyungsoo, always a way with making someone's heart flutter. No wonder why my boy loved you so much." She ran a hand through her hair and coughed, "Come in, come in. Mr. Park had some errands to run, but I'm preparing dinner." After he came in she closed the door and gestured, "You can go on upstairs to his room if you'd like, you were always welcome in there."


Kyungsoo's heart started racing and he asked, "A-are you sure, Mrs. Park? I don't think that'd be very-"


"Oh no no no, go on, Kyungsoo. It's just the way he left it before he left to China. God knows you always cleaned up that room even when he wasn't home. So go on now, you're more than welcome to even take something."


"Oh I couldn't possibly..." Kyungsoo's voice trailed off when he walked up the stairs cautiously. The house was still the same, just like the time when he moved out to live with Jongin and Baekhyun. He remembered living in their spare room, which was now his and Jongin's room. The room Baekhyun and Jongin shared had never been disturbed, until the incident with Baekhyun arriving as a spirit.


'I hope he's doing fine now...'


Kyungsoo walked in front of the white door, and hesitated in grabbing and turning the knob. He was already there, he just needed to open it. He shut his eyes, and pushed the door open. When he opened his eyes, he saw the blinds pulled up, the sun giving a nice warm glow for Chanyeol's bedroom. He walked into the room, a dull ache setting inside of him.


He closed the door to look around in private and peace. He didn't want Chanyeol's mother being tempted to comfort him if he started crying without notice. He looked at all of the pictures, standing tall and proud of all the years Chanyeol smiled. He even saw one with all four of them; Baekhyun, Jongin, Chanyeol and himself. It was when they all met in college, Baekhyun was a junior, he and Jongin were sophomores, and Chanyeol was a freshman. Baekhyun and Chanyeol however had been neighbors and knew each other forever.


He wasn't sure how he was able to take Chanyeol away from Baekhyun when the two were still alive.


Kyungsoo let out a breath he was holding and plopped down onto a chair, in front of Chanyeol's drawer. He looked in front of himself to the mirror, and tried to fix his hair. He checked his skin, his clothes, and his hair again.


He mumbled to himself, "I can't even look presentable for you today, can't I?"


You look beautiful,
Do Kyungsoo...



The winds blew at Kyungsoo, but he just shivered lightly and whispered into the mirror, "Happy birthday, Park Chanyeol... I'll always love you, even when I grow older and more uglier."


You always look beautiful


The gust of wind made Kyungsoo look towards the window, but then he stopped. His eyes opened up more and blinked, because his window wasn't even opening. Where was the wind coming from?


He looked back into the mirror, and his mouth stood ajar, as he saw a transparent Chanyeol looking at him. "P-P- Park Chanyeol..."


Chanyeol grinned, and he whispered smoothly, "I'll always love you too, Do Kyungsoo..."


Kyungsoo stared at him wide-eyed, as a tear slid down his cheek.





-Fin.