Scribble 32

Written In Our Hearts

 

This was the day Myungsoo had been dreading. The break was finally over and the library would be open again. He needed to go and see the desk. He needed to know why. Why 'A' did not show up? Why did she keep him waiting under the cherry blossom tree? Thinking about it but not knowing was killing him. Those few weeks during the break were like a torture.

 

As soon as the library opened, Myungsoo immediately went to see the desk. The desk that holds the answer to all his questions. Without any reservation, without even going to the librarian, he ran to his favorite spot, his special place. He stopped, not believing what he was seeing.

 

The desk, their desk was not there. No, that was wrong. The desk was still there but it was not theirs anymore. The scribbles, their messages were scrubbed and painted over. On the wall, there was a sign: "No Vandalism". Defeated, Myungsoo sat down and touched the surface achingly slow, willing the words on the desk to show again but to no avail. A single tear ran down his cheek as he felt his very first message. They could scrub and paint the desk over and over again but his message will remain permanently carved there, like 'A' who will be permanently carved in his memories.

 

Still hoping to see 'A', Myungsoo went to the front desk to look for the library records.

 

"Excuse me, may I know when did you erase...mmm... clean the desks?" he asked to the librarian.

 

"Why?" the librarian looked a t him. "We restored them during the break. We put up a notice a week before the semester ended that we were going to close down the library three days before the last day of class for renovation. The administration wanted to replace the old books, renew our files and fix anything that needs to be fixed."

 

"Wait, did you say renew your files?" Myungsoo could not help but to ask. "As in all files? Including the name of the students who made reservations last semester?"

 

"Yes, actually, it was one of the first files we deleted. It was just a bunch of name, nothing important there," the librarian answered. "Why are you asking me these questions?"

 

The librarian never got her answer as Myungsoo walked away silently, his mind thinking another of ways to see 'A'.

 

'He should not give up, right?' Myungsoo told himself.

 

For a year, during his free time, he kept coming back to the desk and watched the people using it. Sometimes it would get his hopes high when a girl was using the desk. He would ask every girl who used it but he could not still find 'A'. He was slowly giving up  finding her. Maybe, they were meant to interact but not see each other. Maybe 'A' was meant to help not see him. 

 

Yes, Myungsoo was slowly accepting the truth. He needed to move on...

 

Life goes on. Years passed and Myungsoo finally graduated from college and got a good job. His relationship with his father is stronger than ever. He is happy. Myungsoo is even in a relationship with the girl he's sure to love forever. Yes, life goes on but he never forget 'A'. Every night he thanked God for that special person who is written in his heart.

 


 

 

Thank you for reading! ;D

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!