Feathers of life

Angel (II)

 

 

 

"Donghae oppa, I'm hungry..." Taeyeon called as she sat straight.

 

"Tae, you don't know how much I've missed you" Donghae hugged her tight. It was the first thing she learnt with him, to say express hunger.

 

Taeyeon smiled, she could feel tears coming through her eyes. Donghae freed the hug and went to prepare something for her.

 

After dining, the couple sat on the beach, looking at the calm ocean.

 

"How did you do all this time?" He asked. He placed his arm around her shoulder, making her head rest on his shoulder. 

 

"Busy, working all the time" Taeyeon said. 

 

"You've changed" Donghae spoke softly.

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows., full of curiosity.

 

"In a good way? Or in a bad way? Did you like more the other Taeyeon?" She asked. Naive as always, she waited for his answer with baby eyes.

 

"You've changed in a good way, Tae. It's good to be hardworking. But… seriously talking, I don't know which one I like more" Donghae said, he was teasing at the last part.

 

Taeyeon looked at both sides, a bit despaired.

 

"I'm going back to the way I was if you like it more, I promise I can do it" Taeyeon said.

 

Please don't stop liking me, I don't know what else I can do if you don't care about me…

 

"Aigoo…" Donghae caressed her hair.

 

"Please Donghae oppa, tell me. Which one do you like?" Taeyeon's tears where coming up to her eyes.

 

"I was kidding Taengo. I like both. I love every side of you. You're cute in lazy mode, you're beautiful in working mode. In every moment you're the only one I can think of." He said.

 

"Aaarmm" Taeyeon pouted like a child. "You are playing around with me, I really thought you don't like me anymore" 

 

"Anii… I'm sorry, I won't do it again." Donghae was a little guilty. 

 

Sure, she doesn't know how people talk on Earth. She's pure and I should talk properly.

 

"So, if I become ugly and I lose my wings and magic, will you still like me like always?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yes. I'll love you always. Even if you're a common girl. Even if you don't like me, I'll still love you" Donghae said.

 

Taeyeon smiled and hugged her dearest Donghae.

 

"I'll do the same for you" She said. 

 

---

 

"Hi Taeyeon!" Everyone in the market greeted her.

 

"Hi ahjumma!" Taeyeon waved. She walked with Donghae to see how everything was going.

 

"This place is still the same" Taeyeon said.

 

"Yeah, and I hope it'll remain the same" Donghae said. 

 

"Sure it will. You love this place, right Donghae oppa?" Taeyeon asked smiling.

 

"Yes, I spent my entire childhood here, they are like my parents and we're a big family" He said. His parents died-lost in the sea, he was raised by all the people. 

 

That's why he was loved by everyone and that was why he helped everyone around.

 

"I'll help you protect this place oppa" Taeyeon said. Donghae smiled to her and took her hand.

 

They enjoyed with all the people in the market. Helping them selling their products and playing around with their children, just like little kids.

 

"That couple is really cute" The ahjummas said.

 

"Yeah, hope Taeyeon don't leave this time. Cause Donghae was suffering so much" 

 

Other ahjumma nodded. "He's back to his good times, only when she's around"

 

"Taeng, watch this!" Donghae took a huge crab and showed it to her.

 

"It's moving!!" Taeyeon wanted to touch it but was scared too.

 

"It's huge…" Her eyes were  O.O like this

 

"Give me your hand, take it from here" He took her hand and taught her how to handle a crab without getting hurt.

 

"Eottoke!! It's moving to much, aahh" She was screaming, but was happy too.

 

Everyone laughed at them.

 

---

 

"Unnie, Taengo is really happy" Soo said as she watched from the pond.

 

Seohyun smiled and nodded.

 

"Hope she can share a good time with him." Hyo said.

 

"They really love each other" Yoon said.

 

"I miss her badly" Sica said. The two maknaes -Sica and Taeng- were playmates.

 

"We all miss her" Yuri said.

 

---

 

"Taeng, what are we doing today?" Donghae said. 

 

Before, she was the one to ask. Now that she knew all the places, he's the one to ask.

 

"Beach!" She said as she run outdoors to the beach.

 

"How about swimming?" He asked.

 

Taeyeon shook her head nervously. She was too afraid of getting drowned again.

Donghae realized and hugged her. 

 

"Ok, no swimmings anymore. Let's just play" He said as he took a seashell and gave it to her. 

 

Taeyeon nodded and her attention focused on the seashell he gave her.

 

"It's beautiful…" It was purple, her favorite color. She put it carefully in her pocket and kept running.

 

"See how my footprints get vanished from the sand" She pointed. 

 

As the water passed, her prints were erased. Donghae smiled.

 

"Taeng!" He said and splashed water over her.

 

"Yah oppa!" She laughed and covered herself with her hands. She started to splash Donghae too.

 

After a while, the two of them were lying on the sand, all wet.

 

"Taeng, I'm so happy" He said, turning his face to her.

 

"Oppa" She smiled.

 

"Let's make special dinner today" He said.

 

Taeyeon nodded as she smiled.

 

-Taengo! I miss you- Sica's voice

 

-Sica!!- Taeyeon smiled brightly.

 

-Taeng… when are you coming? I'm so bored-

 

-Are you watching me? I'll send you a seashell as gift- 

 

Taeyeon stood up and took one of her shells (she had collected tons of it) She chose the most beautiful one and was about to throw it to the sky.

 

-Don't Tae!- Sica alerted.

 

-Waeyo?- Taeyeon frowned and didn't understand.

 

-Don't use magic to send it to me. You can't use magic!- Sica reminded.

 

-Oh! right! I almost forget about it. Sorry Sica…- She took the shell back to her collection.

 

"What's wrong Tae? what are you doing?" Donghae didn't understand the girl.

 

"I was about to send Sica a shell, but… I can't do it" Taeyeon was sad.

 

"It's ok, she'll understand it" Donghae pat her head.

 

"Why do we have to come from different worlds?" Taeyeon asked sadly, looking at the sand.

 

Donghae shocked. She was naive, but it was the deepest question that he had heard.

 

Yeah… why do we come from different worlds?

 

"Come on, let's eat something delicious Tae" Let's forget about all our worries and enjoy everything we have.

 

Taeyeon smiled and walked with him back home.

 

---

 

"Donghae oppa! This is for you" Taeyeon gave him a present.

 

Donghae smiled as he opened the little box.

 

"Whoa… where did you find this?" It was a white pearl.

 

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

 

"On the beach" She said simply.

 

"You're so lucky. Thanks, I really like it" Donghae sampled and hugged her.

 

"Mine?" Taeyeon asked for her gift.

 

"But I haven't prepared…" Donghae looked disappointed at himself.

 

"Wait, there's something I can always give you" He said and gave her a kiss on her lips. 

 

Taeyeon smiled and blushed.

 

"Donghae! We need help!" Fishermen asked. 

 

"Dae!" He said as he waved Taeyeon.

 

"See you later, Taeng" Taeyeon waved and smiled.

 

After helping the fishermen, Donghae came back home. Taeyeon was playing around. when she heard him, she went to him immediately and hugged him.

 

"Taeng, I have something to say" He freed her hug. 

 

"I'll be going out to catch fish, they need help and now it's the moment" He said.

 

Taeyeon looked sad.

 

"When are you coming back?" She asked.

 

"In three weeks" He said, worried about letting her alone.

 

"It's ok oppa. I'll wait for you here"

 

"Good girl" Donghae smiled.

 

---

 

Taeyeon sighed as she walked into the market. She was bored cause now Donghae was gone.

 

"Taeng! There will be a torment tomorrow!" The ahjumma said.

 

"Boh?!" Taeyeon shocked.

 

Donghae oppa is in the sea!!

 

Taeyeon run to the beach and saw huge dark clouds around it. 

 

Eottoke!! I need to find a way to save him!

 

She was about to cry of desperation. When suddenly the light bulb .

 

*blink* 

 

My wings!! I still have them. I can fly to him and save the crew back!

 

Taeyeon was about to open her wings when she remembered: You have to hide your wings and don't do magic.

 

-Unnies, eottoke?- She tried to contact her unnies.

 

-We'll try to help, Taeng. But you can't use magic, got it?- Yoon unnie was clear.

 

-Dae. Unnies, please save the crew- It was like a prayer. Everyone on Earth who prays to the saints and angels have more chances to get help. This time, even an angel was praying.

 

"Taeyeon! We have to leave the shore, it's dangerous" Some ahjushi and ahjumma said. 

 

"We have to evacuate" They grabbed Taeyeon and pulled her away. But her glance stood glued to the sea.

 

Donghae oppa! Donghae oppa!! What will he think if he doesn't find me when he get back home, I need to wait for him there

 

Taeyeon freed her hand and run back to the house.

 

"Taeyeon!!" The old people called. All the young people went to catch fish, cause it was the moment.

 

They shook their heads and continued. Soon, the place was evacuated.

 

Taeyeon closed the windows and made sure the ceiling was in good state. She locked the door as she heard strong winds and rains pouring. 

 

Donghae oppa, are you ok? The winds are strong… Please be safe…

 

The lights were about to cut off. Taeyeon was scared at the beginning, she crowded on the bed making herself a little ball. The lights went off, he ceiling was about to be blown. 

Taeyeon was praying for the safety of Donghae. Tears were running though her eyes, she was trembling from the cold wind.

 

"Taeyeon!" Someone opened the door suddenly. It was locked but he did such an effort and broke the door.

 

Taeyeon rose her head and looked towards the voice. But it was dark and she couldn't find anyone.

 

"Taeng, where are you?" Donghae's voice was clearer.

 

"Oppa, I'm here" She said. She could feel the house shaking. Things were falling and she was very very scared cause she had never lived.

 

Donghae covered his head with a hand and with the other hand, he sensed the wall.

But something fell on him, it was hard and it hit him on one side of his neck-shoulder, causing him to bleed. 

 

Taeyeon heard the window just crushed, she also heard that Donghae moaned.

 

"Hae oppa! Where are you, are you ok?" Taeyeon got up from the bed and tried to walk. She felt him with her hands and they hugged each other. 

 

"Taeng, let's get out of here" He said as he headed the door.

 

"Oppa, I can feel you blood" She said, cause if was warm.

 

"Tae, gwenchana, let's get out, kaja"

 

Two minutes after they got out, the house came down. They watched as other housed came down too.

 

Donghae made her walk to a higher and safer place. He received medical aid with the cut.

Luckily, it was a small one. No big deal. Taeyeon watched him all the time while he was being bended.

 

"Hae oppa…" Her tears were running like baby crying.

 

Donghae smiled and hugged her. "Gwenchana, arasso?" He spoke softly and he her hair.

 

The warmth from his body and all the experience she just lived made her feel sleepy. Now they were all living in a common place, like a refugee.

 

"Let's rest" Donghae said as he leaned to the wall. Taeyeon leaned beside him. He was about to curl his arm around her shoulder, but she reject it.

 

"What's wrong Tae?" He asked.

 

"Oppa, you're tired and hurt. I can sleep without a pillow. I prefer you to be comfortable" She said.

 

It's gonna be a bully if I sleep on his shoulder when he's weak.

 

"Tae, I'm more comfortable like this" He said as he placed his arm around her. She couldn't do anything but to rest on him. 

 

Soon, the tired couple were one dreamland.

 

---

 

"Taeng, get up" An lady called her. She was the doctor of the town. She was one of the youngest ladies.

 

"unnie" She rubbed her eyes, still sleepy. 

 

"Tae, I need you help. Get up" She said, her tone was worrying.

 

Taeyeon saw the sleeping Donghae beside him, she moved carefully to avoid waking him up.

 

"What's wrong unnie?" She asked.

 

"The guys that came back are all with fever. I might be a plague or something." She said. 

 

Taeyeon nervously touched Donghae's forehead. It was true, he was burning.

 

"Eottoke unnie!!" She tried to lower her voice but it was really worrying.

 

"First, we have to separate the sick guys from the rest, to avoid the healthy get sick too. Specially children." 

 

Taeyeon nodded and helped her to call the healthy people up. After they had divided the room, Taeyeon was in charge of chaining cold towels while the doctor was looking for local medicine.

 

The women were in charge of looking for food, cooking and watching over children. The old men were looking for materials for rebuild their lost homes.

 

Everyone was busy.

 

"Taeng, how are they doing? " The doctor came back with new combinations. 

 

"I can't see any improvement" She said.

 

"Doctor, my daughter has fever too!" "And my son too" 

 

Many mothers came with their sick children. Taeyeon and the lady frowned.

 

"It seems like it's spreading already" Doctor said.

 

"Taeng, help me taking care of those two" She said. She was stressed cause there was no cure founded .

 

"Dae!" Taeyeon was very busy attending the sick people. There were almost thirty and she was only one.

 

Since that day, new sick people came. It was almost all the town was sick.

Taeyeon was almost 24 hours taking care of them. 

 

They were getting worse and worse everyday. Some of them were unconscious already. 

 

"Taeng… " The doctor called her. She stood up and walked to her.

 

"Miahne… " She fainted.

 

"Eottoke… " Taeyeon helped her and carried her to another place. The doctor was sick too. 

 

Now there's no hope for all this people… Ottoke… I don't want them to suffer

 

Taeyeon started to cry, the last spark of hope vanished. 

 

The only thing I can do is…

 

Sorry, Donghae oppa… I wish I could spend more time with you.

 

She approached to Donghae, and opened her snowy wings. 

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip as she closed her eyes. 

 

"Ahh!!" She took a feather out. Now she understood the pain of her Seo unnie when she saved her.

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes tight. A feather dropped on the floor, one after other.

 

Soon, Teayeon could feel that she was about to dye. She breathed hard. She made sure that there was enough for everyone.

 

She took the last one and placed on Donghae's heart. Making wonderful colors and lights coming through her hands. 

 

-Kim Taeyeon, you've used magic on Earth without permission- The court's sound called her immediately.

 

Donghae opened slowly his eyes. To see the most heartbreaking scene for the second time. 

 

The light from heaven was thrown again to her. But this time, she had no wings. She didn't smile happily like last time, she was all tired and consumed. 

 

Donghae grabbed her hand, but there was a stronger force that pulled him away.

 

"Taeng!" He shouted. 

 

"There's the way to help them. Take care Hae oppa" She disappeared. The only things left shining on the floor were her snowy feathers. 

 

Donghae saved all the town with her help. But she, was harshly punished for violating the rules.

 

Taeng… Thanks… You saved me, you saved all my beloved town… 

 

Taeng… Saranhae.

 

 

 

Annyeong! how was it?

I'm starting a new fanfica called my lucky star

So, before witing the other ff, I decided to complete this oneshot sequel!

Hope you liked it

 

Please comment and vote!

Thanks!
 
Author: sea0horse