Chapter 1

The Battle of Destiny

 

June, 2011

Kyuhyun sips the wine in his glass, his eyes scanning all around the room. He groans inwardly when he realizes that none of them meets his standard. He snorts, maybe he shouldn't have followed Shindong's advice and went to his usual bar instead. But it's getting boring, and he needs to be careful not to make too many people disappear from one location.

Still, he can't help but feels unsatisfied with the people in this bar. None of them caught his eyes.

That is, until a group of girls walks in. No, not the flocks, they're ordinary looking . But one of them caught his eyes. The shy looking one, smells of innocence and curiosity. Instantly, Kyuhyun's lips curled up into a smirk and he takes another sip of wine from his glass before he makes his way through the crowd to the girl.

"First time in a club, huh?"

The girl barely glances at him and nod absentmindedly, "Yeah. My friend's birthday."

"Hmm. Are you even of age?"

"Of course I am! Else I won't be able to get in!" she says, annoyed, finally looking right at Kyuhyun. She stares at him in shock, can't believe what she sees.

Kyuhyun lifts a finger and puts it in front of his mouth as he grins, signaling her to stay quiet about his identity. The girl nods, dazedly, looking straight into Kyuhyun's eyes, and his charm automatically worked, pulling her in.

"What do you say we go out to find some air?" Kyuhyun asks, lacing his voice with his charm, and the girl nods once again, dazedly accepting Kyuhyun's hands.

The two walks outside hand in hand, and Kyuhyun half-dragged the girl until he found a satisfying secluded dark alley. Pushing her against the wall, Kyuhyun starts kissing her, and the girl snapped out of her trance.

"Kyu…Kyuhyun-shi," she manages, trying to pushes Kyuhyun away as the latter starts kissing her neck. "I…I don't think we should do ahhh this..."

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. The girl has more self-control than he presumes, resulting on her being able to breaks his charm. He whispers sweet nothing into her ears, lacing his voice with stronger charm. He success, as she no longer resists and wraps her hands around Kyuhyun's neck.

Kyuhyun uses this chance to the nape of her neck, where her main artery are located, before finally letting his teeth out and sinking it in.

The girl squirms a bit from the foreign sensation, but she can do nothing in her charmed state and so she let Kyuhyun her dry. Kyuhyun tugs at the hands around his neck and steps back, making the girl's lifeless body falls off with a thud. his lips, he finally takes a good look at his victim, and he groans.

". I should've taken her to a hotel and her first," he mumbles.

"Killing again, Kyuhyun-ah?"

Kyuhyun whips his head to the sounds, squinting his eyes to looks past the shadow. He sighs as he finally recognizes the intruder.

"No, hyung, she was just unconscious after I her dry," Kyuhyun says sarcastically, subtly changing his stance.

"Relaxed, Kyuhyun-ah, I'm not here to fight. I was just walking by and I sensed your presence so I decided to stops by greets you," the mysterious man says lightly.

"Walking by, hmm?" Kyuhyun chuckles darkly, "You've been feeding, hyung. Why don't you just admit it? Was the girl satisfactory? I bet she is, since I can smell hotel's scent mixed with yours."

The mysterious man's stance turns rigid. Clearly he wasn't expecting Kyuhyun to realize such small things. "It's none of your business," he growls.

"Oh or was it a boy? It's a boy, isn't it?" Kyuhyun arches his eyebrow, "Wouldn't Dongwan hyung get jealous?"

"I said it's none of your business, Kyuhyun-ah!" the mysterious man snaps, and Kyuhyun laughs.

"Why are you getting mad, hyung? I was just asking the obvious."

"Unless of course, I am right. It was a boy, and you're worried Dongwan hyung will realizes it and get mad."

The mysterious man gritted his teeth and fisted his hand, clearly trying to hold back on his anger.

"Hmm, you changed your stance, hyung. What happened to the 'I'm not here to fight', I wonder?" Kyuhyun taunts the mysterious man even more, making him trembled from anger.

"SHUT THE UP!" the man finally roared, and Kyuhyun just smirks. He knows there's no way that the mysterious man will actually attack him. And even if he do, Kyuhyun knows he won't be able to land any meaningful damages.

"Mad already? Ck, hyung, you should learn to control your emotions. It won't do you good if you lose your composure in the battlefield."

The mysterious man looks at Kyuhyun with hatred filled gaze, and through gritted teeth, he says, "This isn't over yet. We'll meet again, Kyuhyun-ah. And the next time we meet, it will be on the battlefield, where your clever mouth won't do you any good."

"And I swear I'll be the one to ripped that wicked mouth of yours," the mysterious man swears, before turning around and jumps over the wall to disappear into the night.

Kyuhyun chuckles, "And I would like to see you try, hyung."

He closes his eyes for a second, letting his persona and shield fall off so he can feels and senses everything in the world. The risk is a huge, but he knows it's worth it. And besides, what's life without some dangers?

Kyuhyun chuckles once again, opening his eyes and donned his persona and his shield again.

"I wonder what kind of fun that the Ragnarok will bring this time around..."

With a wicked grin plastered on his face, he picks up the girl's lifeless body, donning an invisible shield over them as he makes his way back to the dorm, taking the girl as a sign of gratitude for Shindong and his suggestion. The Werewolves always likes human's flesh the best, after all.

***

Korean Airlines flight number KO567 from Japan has just landed

A tall and slender girl steps outside the plane and makes her way to the airport with other passenger, pulling her hoodie to cover her face and her pixie purple hair.

She hums a part of Big Bang's song, sighing inwardly as she remembers how everyone's in the plane is already affected by the idols’ persona. Not her, though. Her status as a reincarnation gives her power to see through any persona, and charm won't work on her either. She puts on her invisible shield after she passes the immigration, and quickly makes her way across Seoul. Using vehicle would be faster, she knows, but she needs to stays hidden. Moreover, it's been some time since she came to Seoul, and she would like a chance to look around.

She stops suddenly, widening her eyes. She can feels him, senses him. But a split second later, it's gone.

She can feel her stomach churns. He just takes off his shield. It's just for a mere few seconds, but still…any reincarnation in their right mind will be able to recognize him.

Her phone rings continuously, and she groans, finally picking it up.

"Whoever this is, you better have a good reason for waking me up at wee hours like this!" she snaps quickly, and the caller laughs.

She shot up instantly at the sounds of his laugh. It can't be...

"Luckily, I have a very good reason, Furstin."

"Loki..." she whispers, and she can feel him grinning across the line.

"Yes, it's me. Now, are you awake?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm awake already. What's up?"

"You can feel it too right? The Fimbulvetr?"

"Of course I can. What do you think I am?"

"Good. Because the Ragnarok is nearing. Odin is having a mad plan of conquering the world and forces people to acts according his rule to shifts the world back to it's good nature, hence preventing the Ragnarok." He scoffs, "Of course, it's useless. He's just going to cause more chaos, and that's why we're going to stop him."

She was stunned. "But if we go against him, that would mean starting the Ragnarok."

"Yes, it is," he says calmly.

They both stay silent for a while, until she finally speaks again, softly. "What do you want me to do, then?"

He heaves a relieved sigh. "I need you to leads the opposition army in my stead. Go to Korea and finds the Elemental Trio, JTL. They’re just elemental users, but they know about Odin and his mad plans. They've been going against him for years now, but they also know that to beat Odin, they will need me to lead the opposition army, because that's the way it has always been."

"The problem is, I can't blow my cover just yet."

"Of course. That would mean problem…since you can no longer sticks to Odin."

"And that's why I need you to go to the opposition army in my stead." He pauses for a second, then asks softly, "Can you do that for me, meine Konigin?"

She chuckles lowly, liking the way he still remembers just how he used to calls her back then. "Of course I can, meine Konig."

"That's a relief. Be careful, though. There will be trouble if they found out about us."

"They will definitely suspect that there's something's going on between us, since you send me."

"I know, that's why I need you to be careful. It would be okay as long as they all thought that you were Sigyn."

"Don't worry, I'll do my best."

"I know you will, Furstin," he says softly.

"Anything else?" she asks, and he sighs.

"No, nothing else. I will try to find you in Korea…but I can't promise you much. Take care, okay?"

"You take care of yourself. You're in more danger than I am."

He laughs. "Arasso. And Furstin?"

"Yes?"

"Do check on Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Hel, will you? Tell them that I miss them, that I love them, and that I'm proud of them."

"I will, meine Konig."

"Good."

And with that she takes a deep breathe to calms herself down, before making her way to her destination: JTL.

***

Hong looks around, fidgeting with his fingers as one by one, the other three takes off their shield.

"Well? Aren't you going to join us, Hong?" Ve his head, "Or should I say, Tyr?"

Heaving a deep breathe, Hong finally takes off his shield, letting his true form shows. Unconsciously, he tucks his right arm on top of his lap, trying to cover the lack of palm and fingers.

Vili laughs. "Don't bother, Tyr. We all know about your, ah, unfortunate condition."

"Fancy to hear that from you, Vili," Odin says coldly. "At least Tyr was gallant enough to sacrifice his hand so we can chain that damn wolf. What have you two done?"

Tyr sighs once again. It's no longer a secret that the three brothers, the First Triad, have a bad relationship. Vili and Ve both hate Odin because he rules the Norse pantheon, simply for being the oldest while his two brothers were shun away after Odin created another Triad with Thor and Freyr. Meanwhile, Odin was always wary of his brothers, because he knows they will gladly get rid of him and rule in his stead if they have the chance.

"Can we please get to the point?" Tyr says, finally breaking the cold war between the three brothers. "People will start..."

Tyr suddenly shut his mouth, and the other three tensed up.

"Did you guys feel what I feel?" Ve finally asks, and Vili nods vigorously.

"Yes! It's him, isn't it? I know it's him!"

"Yes, Vili, we all know it's him, thank you very much," Odin says, looking unaffected. But Tyr can see that he, too, tensed and his expression hardened. "Now, as Tyr, asked, we shall get to the point of this meeting."

"The reason why I gathered you all in this place is because, as we all know, the three of us are the First Triad. We ended the primeval rule of the Giants, and we started the Norse pantheon. And Tyr was - and still - the god of Law, the one who bring justice and stability to us."

"If you're going to start the talks about the relevancy to our condition now, don't," Ve cuts him off. "We already know."

"Yeah. Please just get to the point." With mocking tone, Vili adds, "Brother."

Odin growls, but nevertheless continues on. "The reason why we're here is because of the Ragnarok. I'm sure you all can feel that the end is near. And he knows it too, as we all can sensed his presence just a few minutes ago."

"He really is stupid, taking off his shield like that," Vili scoffs. "He never change, that Loki."

"Don't say his name in front of me!" Odin roars. "That ungrateful bastard. I raised him like my own child, I gave him authority and power, and HE KILLED MY SON!"

Everybody stays silent as Odin trembles in rage, until finally he calms down. "His presence shows that he's already here. He's going to start the chaos, soon enough."

"However, I have a plan to stop him."

Odin puts his hands together, before starts speaking calmly. "I had a dream a few days ago. In that dream, the three of us were back to our rightful throne, while the humankind is back to their rightful place."

"In our feet," Ve says lowly, and Odin nods.

"In the dream, everything is back to the way it used to be. The balance is restored, and everyone is safe."

"Most importantly, I saw both Fenrir and Jormungandr retreating to their respective binds, unable to swallow the sun and moon. While Loki roars angrily at his place, on top of the three stones, with the snake's venom dripping on his face."

"Does that mean what I think that means?" Vili asks, finally, after there was silence for quite some time.

"Yes," Odin nods. "If we can restore everything back to their place, we can prevent the Ragnarok."

"So you're suggesting that we stop the Ragnarok by…what? Conquering the world?" Ve asks half mockingly, but Odin nods.

"That's insane," Tyr finally opens his mouth. "Incredibly insane. How do you suggest we conquer the world? We would need a lot of force. And you know there will be chaos and havoc everywhere, even more than it already was!"

"Ah but you forget a few important things, Tyr," Odin says smoothly. "The four of us have reincarnations and other mythological creatures at our disposal."

"That, and the fact that K-Pop is spreading right now," Ve adds, looking extremely laid back. "Unlike Vili's failed attempt, me and Odin had succeeded on spreading our persona. Those under our spell will not be able to fight back."

Vili throws Ve a nasty glance, but nevertheless adds, "Yeah, and you know that Korea is ours already."

"It shall be easy, I guess," Ve mumbles. "But we need to plan it out carefully. How do you suggest we do it?"

"We should just reveal ourselves, let those humans scattered in panic," Vili suggests.

Ve looks at him as if he's crazy. "Yeah, and they will be smart enough to unite and wage a war against us."

"I think…I know the right way."

The three brothers turn and look at Tyr at once. He fidgets in his chair, unconsciously rubbing his right hand. "I think it's best if we take some time to strengthen our hold first, while also building our forces. Training them and preparing them for the war that may come. Once we managed to affect at least half or 3/4 of the world, then we can move. By then, most of the people will already be ours, and we only need to go against the rest."

"We can also use him and his forces to our advantage. If we start spreading havoc here and there, people will turned wary. And then when he and his forces try to stop us as we reveal our true form, we can antagonize him..."

"And make it looks like we're saving the world from him," Odin finishes Tyr's sentence. "Perfect. It's a very good plan. I wasn't wrong when I invited you to this."

Tyr can only smiles weakly as Odin, Vili, and Ve starts bragging about their next plans to go international, so they can have more humans under their commands, while picking on each other's weakness and failure.

Putting his shield back on, Hong feels a cold chill on his spine. Yes, he has manages to stop them from starting the war right now. But he's just postponing what will surely come.

***

Jaewon rushes into the cafe, sighing in relief as he spotted the two people he was looking for is already seated nicely at the far corner, exchanging small talk and soft smiles.

"Hyung, hyung, there's a huge problem," Jaewon says as soon as he seated himself in the table.

"What's the matter, maknae?" Woohyuk asks, while Tony gives the still heavily breathing maknae a galss of water.

"It's the three," Jaewon pants. "They're planning to..."

"To conquer the world in one mad plan to stop the Ragnarok," says a foreign voice as a girl shows up out of nowhere next to Jaewon.

The three former member of JTL instantly turn rigid, and the girl smiles. "Don't worry, I'm not an enemy. If I am, you guys would've been dead by now."

"That doesn't mean we can trust you just like that," Woohyuk says, at last. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"Me? You can call me Izanami, for now," she says smoothly, and Jaewon recognizes her name.

"Derived from Izanami-no-Mikoto, I supposed?" he asks, and she arches her eyebrow, clearly impressed.

"You're good. Yes, it was derived from her. But that's none of your business."

"All that you need to know for now is that I'm on your side…because he sent me here."

"He?" Tony questions, and Izanami smiles sweetly.

"Him, you know."

"My beloved Loki."

 


 

 

Author note: Sorry for the very long wait ._. I will try to be more responsible and update more, really.

So, for those who doesn't know, Ragnarok is the war that signals the end of the world. At the war, one army is lead by the king of the gods, Odin. While the enemy is lead by the exiled god, Loki. Also, Sigyn is Loki's wife in the Norse mythology.

As for Izanami-no-Mikoto, she is the goddess of death and creation in Japanese mythology.