3) love dance.

kaleidoscope. (a Multi-Colored Request Shop)

love dance.

     'Why did I come here?'

     This single lingering question rang loud and clear through my mind as I watched alcohol reduce both the sobriety and integrity of my classmates. I'm not sure when exactly it had happened, probably sometime between my first and last untouched cup, but someone had obviously decided that spiking the punch bowl would be a good idea and now people were grinding and girating all over the dance floor. 

     I watched as my friend Rathan giggled her way through the drunkenness, horse dancing with the best of them as she showed off her 'Gangnam Style' and we both released our own inner sighs. Even though I was glad that she seemed to be having the time of her life, I couldn't help resenting her a little. 

__________   |   __________

     You see, a couple of days ago when a tall, awkward boy had reluctantly trudged toward our shaded picnic table holding a piece of paper and a pack of notecards, I hadn't really thought much of it...

     ...at least not until he had stopped in front of us and began speaking.

     "Y-You're Th-Sabin Moreau and R-Rathan Thompson, right?" he asked, a soft stutter and a hint of a shy lisp lining his words as he glanced up at us from his paper timidly, despite the fact that he towered over us. 

     "Yes..?" Rathan had answered in a questioning tone as I had glanced at him curiously, my head tilting slightly. 

     "C-Ch-Chanyeol is having a party," he had managed, voice shaking slightly as he reddened at our undivided attention and avoided looking at us as he ed an index card in our direction.

     Meanwhile, at the mere mention of Park Chanyeol, I felt my own face warm as the butterflies in my stomach started to frenzy. Thoughts of warm eyes, a bright smile, and the fact that I had had at least one class with him every year of high school but still hadn't managed to actually speak to the boy flashed before my eyes and, as my mind wandered back to my 3-year crush, the boy continued speaking. 

     "It's thith Thaturday at six and---" 

     "What's your name?" Rathan interrupted, bluntly stopping his nervous lisp mid-sentence and yanking me out of my thoughts.

     As I watched the two lock eyes, I saw a certain something begin to gather deep within her pupils and I already knew where this was going. Still, it did nothing to stop my amusement. 

     "I'm Sehun Oh," he answered after taking a deep and calming breath, obviously an attempt at keeping his lisp under control. "I just transferred." 

     "Well then, Mr. Oh," she for his formal introduction and his cheeks reddened slightly in response. "Are you going to be at this party?" 

     I watched as his eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion before he nodded slowly, not fully understanding where she was going. 

     "Then you can count us in," she smiled, slowly pulling the card away from him and purposely brushing their fingers together. I watched as his blush deepened. 

     He hurriedly turned to walk away and she glanced at me, the certain something from before now confirmed to be a mischievous twinkle. 

     "God, he's so cute," she stage whispered, emphasizing on the word 'so' and purposely speaking loudly enough for him to hear her, "Just my type."

     We both watched as he stiffened immediately, noting the hint of red that permeated onto the back of his neck before he sped up in his escape. 

     "You're evil, you do realize that, right?" I spoke between giggles as I shook my head, almost embarrassed enough for him. 

     "I think we both realized that 12 years ago when I secretly gave you that haircut in kindergarten," she shot back as she read over the contents of the notecard.

     "I knew it!" I immediately exclaimed, eyes widening at her admission. "I just knew that was you! Do you know how pissed my mom was? She almost went to the school to curse out the teacher over that." 

     "Oh well, doesn't matter," she dismissed with a wave of her hand as she passed me the index card, continuing to speak while I silently scanned it for myself. "What does is that we are definitely going to this party." 

     The card held more details about the party and, as I read over everything with a smile, I found myself getting excited over the fact that Chanyeol was having it at his house and almost began daydreaming about how fun it might end up being before fully registering her words a few minutes later. 

     "Wait a sec, what do you mean 'we'?" 

__________   |   __________

     She had tricked me into getting dressed up, lied to me about where we were going, and forced me out of her car once we had parked a few houses down from the overly crowded driveway but, once we had gotten through the door of the Park Residence, she was gone.

     In her defense, I don't think she necessarily meant to ditch me, especially not after she'd told me to "stay close" and held my hand as we walked in, but with all the different people who reached toward her for a hug and all the random chats that seemed to drag her in all types of different directions, I had lost my grip on her hand and was left smiling and nodding as I was silently acknowledged by various members of my future graduating class.

     Even now I could only watch from a distance as she had her fun and enjoyed her moment of delirium, smiling and bouncing along with the crowd as they tried to imitate the Wonder Girls. She was leaning and swinging with a not-so-shy Oh Sehun in a silly-and-yet-somehow-cute attempt at 'Like This', and I could only shake my head and smile faintly.

     'At least one of us is having fun,' I thought as she smiled toward me and sent me a thumbs up, one that I returned with a bright smile. 

     Once she turned away though, my smile was gone.

     She was the whole reason that I was here and yet she was having so much fun without me. 

     "This ." 

     It wasn't until I had heard the soft hum of agreement that I realized my thoughts had been voiced allowed. Glancing away from the dance floor, my eyes instantly widened in embarrassed shock as they were met with the original happy virus himself. 

     "I know," he agreed, silently scanning the sea of teenagers before meeting eyes with me in an embarrassed sort of smile. "It wasn't supposed to be like this, believe it or not." 

     Instantly feeling guilty, I wanted to say something, anything, to cheer up my long-time crush. 

     "Well, uh, it's not that bad," I tried, glancing toward the ongoing group of teenagers. "I mean, everyone's having a great time." 

     "Yeah," he smiled one of his crazy smiles toward the people still shaking on the dance floor before frowning ever-so-slightly. "Then again, that tends to happen when alcohol is involved." 

     "Well...uh..." I tried to come up with something else, but something in his eyes told me that both my words and the fake smile I had plastered on for his sake had both fallen a little flat. 

     Still, he waited patiently for me to continue. 

     "Sorry," I finally spoke after releasing a soft sigh and redirecting my gaze toward my shoes. "This time I've got nothing." 

     After a few seconds of awkward silence, it was his light laughter that brought my eyes back up to his face.

     "It's okay," he smiled, his signature carefree aura suddenly brightening the mood. "It was only a matter of time before Jongin pulled something like this, so I'm not surprised."

     A change in the tempo of the music as well as the sound of intoxicated cheers brought both of our attentions back to the dance floor as a circle surrounded the previously mentioned Kim Jongin and someone I recognized as Lee Taemin. Unsurprisingly, the two talented dancers teamed up to lead the group in an intoxicated rendition of Super Junior's 'Sorry Sorry'.

     I watched as the rest swayed back and forth in some semblance of unison, rubbing their hands together and singing along as best they could, and couldn't contain my laughter. Glancing beside me, I was met with the eyes of a smiling Chanyeol. 

     "Now that's more like it," he grinned, bringing a hand up to pinch my cheek before almost immediately pulling back. "Sorry, it's just that you looked kind of cute just now." 

     My eyes widened before I turned away from him, hoping to God he couldn't see the tint of red lining my cheeks in the darkened lights. 

     "It's okay," I replied softly, "no damage done." 

     "That's good," I heard him let out a sigh of relief. "I hate leaving bad first impressions." 

     It was the ruffling of clothing that drew my attention toward him again as he extended a hand toward me. 

     "I'm Chanyeol, Chanyeol Park," he introduced himself, pausing before adding, "And you are, Miss..?" 

     "Sabin," I responded gingerly as I placed my hand in his and shook rather clumsily before letting go, "Sabin Moreau." 

     "Well then, now that our first impressions are done with and seeing as neither one of us is completely wasted like everyone else," he began, his smile gaining it's signature crazed look as his voice took on a mischievous tone, "How would you like to try doing something more fun?" 

     "Something..." my voice trailed off and I tilted my head curiously as I let the words roll around in my brain and on my tongue, "...more...fun?" 

     "Sure," he nodded excitedly, completely missing the bit of skepticism that had crossed my face. "After all, what have you got to lose?" 

__________   |   __________

     Even though the question had been rhetorical, I soon found out that the right answer had been my dignity. 

     I sighed in annoyance as the television screen in front of me did a slow-motion instant replay of the character with the blonde flat top spin-kicking a girl with a blonde ponytail off of a cliff. 

     "No fair," I exclaimed, placing the video game controller on the couch cushion that separated the two of us. "I call cheats!" 

     Chanyeol chuckled disbelievingly.

     "Tell me then, how did I cheat?" he countered, a -eating grin covering his face. 

     "I...I..." I struggled to come up with some type of excuse, but given my limited knowledge of video games, I came up more than a little bit short. "I don't know, you just did!" 

     As he laughed aloud and pressed the button on his controller that brought us back to the 'Character Select' screen, I mentally went over our situation again. 

     We were now a hallway away from the crazy dancing sitting comfortably on the couch of a room with a TV, desk, bookshelf, and desktop computer playing video games on Chanyeol's PS3. Apparantly, unbeknownst to some of our classmates who were now shuffling to the sound of T.O.P's "Boom Shakalaka", their resident happy virus was also a hardcore, console-controlling gamer who took pride in reintroducing people to their childhood classics, revamped with newer characters and storylines, and then ruthlessly stomping them into the ground. 

     "Rematch?" he asked as he once again chose Paul Phoenix as his character. 

     I glared at him in response, sticking with my own Nina Williams and hoping for the best. 

     "Are you sure you don't wanna switch?" he asked, taunting me with a smirk that I might have found y in any other situation. 

     I answered him with a kick to the face...

     ...or, at least in the game I did. 

     His response? A laugh as he instantly went Chuck Norris-meets-Super Saiyan on me, and I dropped the controller just as Nina dropped to the floor. 

     "Damn it, Chanyeol, you !" I pouted, leaning lazily so that I unconsciously laid sideways on the cushion that had once separated us. "Can't you let me win at least once?" 

     "I would..." he trailed off and I looked toward him to find a mischievous smile, "...but where's the fun in that?" 

     My pout deepened and he chuckled, laying his own controller down before glancing at the screen and then directing his attention back toward me. 

     "Can I borrow your phone for a second?" 

     I screwed my eyes at him confusedly before sitting up, my hand instantly going to my thigh only to slide down the front of my skirt. 

     'Right, in all the fun I had forgotten all about Rathan forcing me to wear a skirt.'

     Before I had time to think too much, I reached instead for the little purse she had talked me into bringing and pulled out my phone. 

     "Thanks," he answered with unnecessary excitement as I unlocked the phone and handed it over. 

     "No prob---" I began before the sound of another phone's ringtone cut me off. 

     Almost instantly he pulled out his phone from his pocket, answered the call, and then hung both up before handing mine back to me. With a raised eyebrow, I placed my phone back into the purse to be surrounded by Rathan's phone and keys as well as whatever else she had talked me into bringing "just in case". 

     "What was..." I trailed off and gestured toward his phone before continuing. "...that about?" 

     "Not much," he answered without thinking as he typed something into his phone, "Just a reward." 

     "Reward?" I waited until he had finished and put away his phone before tilting my head curiously. 

     "Yeah," he smiled before teasing me again. "For beating you in Super Mario Kart three times and then whooping you in Tekken. An -kicking like that deserves some credit, you know, so I took your phone number as my first reward." 

     I scoffed incredulously, crossing my arms and looking in another direction as he laughed and poked me in the ribs. 

     "Come on," he teased, laughing as I squirmed away from his prodding fingers while trying to keep a straight face on. "At least you only have 4 more rewards to give me." 

     At this my head snapped toward him as a look that screamed 'You've got to be kidding me' crossed my face. 

     "4 more rewards? Are you on crack?!" 

     A second later, as I found myself being pulled into a surprise embrace by a laughing Happy Virus, I couldn't help the blush that crossed over my dark skin. 

     "Scratch that," he replied before letting me go. "Now it's only 3." 

     I looked away from him in an attempt to hide my blush before feeling the couch shift unexpectedly as he moved to shut off the system.

     "Wait a sec, we're not playing anymore?" I asked, unable to hide the pout of disappointment that came with the realization. 

     "Well yeah," he nodded, glancing at me with a semi-apologetic smile. "I figured you'd need a break, plus I have to go out there to make sure no one's lit themselves on fire just yet." 

     I giggled at the thought before nodding in understanding as I stood up, but that didn't completely stop the pout that had formed at the thought of rejoining the rest of the party. Without realizing it, as we left the room, I let out a sigh that had Chanyeol pulling me out of the hallway and into a nearby bathroom, one that had obviously remained undisturbed by the rest. 

     "You know," he began slowly as he smiled and cupped my face in his warm hands, his body separating me from the door as we now stood parallel to the bathroom sink. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't keep on pouting like that, at least not around me." 

     A steady blush took over my face at the feelings of his hands and fact that he had just called me pretty, growing even stronger once I realized that he could literally feel me getting embarrassed now.

     "Why not?" the question slipped out before I even realized it and I watched his smile soften before he leaned in.

     Blushing even harder, I instantly closed my eyes and waited silently. After a few minutes of nothingness, I secretly opened my eyes just in time to be met with the sight of his Adam's apple just as his lips met with my face, my peripheral vision catching the contrast of his pink lips with my brown forehead in the mirror above the sink. 

     "Because there's a reason they call me the 'Happy Virus'," he murmured against my forehead before pulling away and then leaning his forehead against mine as he looked down at me even more warmly. "I'll keep on bothering you until you start smiling again, even for the whole night if I have to." 

     At this he slowly removed his hands from my face and backed away before turning and reopening the bathroom door, holding out his hand as he continued to speak. 

     "Come on, let's see what kind of trouble everyone else has gotten themselves into," he smiled, his large palm welcoming my smaller one instantly as he pulled me out of the bathroom and down the hallway. 

     Upon re-entering the large living room, we were back just in time to join in on a Mirotic flash mob before a group of the Chinese exchange students started a dance battle against some of our other classmates to the sounds of Block B's 'Nillili Mambo', and I was met with the sight of a fangirling Rathan. Turns out Sehun was tall, shy, and a great dancer. Who knew? 

     As I watched and laughed from the sidelines, the feeling of Chanyeol's hand in mine sent comfortable shivers down my back.

     "I can't believe nobody's tired yet," I commented as people began cheering about a cool move that one of them, I think his name was Yixing, had managed to pull off. "If things keeps going like this, everyone's gonna be having breakfast here, too." 

     I glanced at him just in time to catch his smile before he leaned in to whisper something into my ear. 

     "If that really does happen, will you stay with me all night?" 

     I glanced at him, expecting to see a playful smile lining his lips, but instead found a shockingly serious expression on his face. Instantly my own smile fell.

     'I must've misunderstood,' I immediately thought to myself as another set of cheers sounded off, this time for Zitao, 'It's so loud, I probably just heard wrong.'

     He opened his mouth to speak again before the rap intro of CNBlue's 'Love Love Love' began sailing through the speakers and multiple people whooped their appreciation. Apparently this one was a fan favorite. I hesitantly glanced at Chanyeol, who was already glancing back at me, and listened more closely as he spoke again. 

     "Can I have this dance, and the next one, and the one after that?" he asked, a bashful smile befalling his face as a light blush turned his cheeks a soft peach. "Aish, I'm no good at stuff like this, but what I'm really trying to say is..." 

     He trailed off just long enough to lift up the hands we were still holding, pull me away from the wall I was leaning on, and look me dead in the eyes. 

     "...please dance with me all night." 

 


Salutations, party people! (^_^)

So I had an annoyingly hard time with this one for some unknown reason. I got distracted by my finals, had writer's block all throughout the break, had to focus on applying to my program by the end of January or have to wait a whole year to reapply, and then had my computer crash on me (don't believe the hype, macs can catch viruses and break down too, even if it does take a little bit longer). So yeah, I've been kinda busy. That said, a couple days ago I came back to do a major checkup on my fanfics as my usual sense of guilt started to kick in and started writing this full throttle. I tried to be all cute and girly and get it out in time for Valentine's Day, a.k.a International Singles Awareness Day, but I got distracted and fell asleep, missing it by 7 or 8 hours (damn it! my short attention span strikes again). So yeah, that said, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot and that the length of it made up at least a little bit for the annoyingly long wait time. I know it's not really all that sappy or hyper like you had wanted, and it doesn't exactly scream Gee (probably because I ended up taking more from Love Dance instead), but I really did try, even if it wasn't all that good of an attempt... That said, please forgive me and remember: 

All comments, criticisms, and the like are welcome and encouraged - as long as they're done in good taste -  and please feel free to apply whenever you're ready. 

 

Thanks and stay safe, 

DoMeSi [-]

2/15/13

 

p.s. haven't gotten the chance to do a good proofread yet, so please don't judge the mistakes too harshly

p.s. i just did a quick run through and i'm kind of embarrassed that i let this go up with all of these mistakes >.< it's been edited, so please consider rereading it for my sake