1) wings.

kaleidoscope. (a Multi-Colored Request Shop)

What can I say? Wings is a beautiful song... Oh, and italics are for languages other than English. 


wings. 

     I woke slowly, my eyes opening warily before rushing to close once again. The burn of the sun was a familiar and yet startling sensation against my still sensitive corneas and, as I reveled lazily in the pain for a moment, I forgot where I was. 

     Tightening my eyes against the blinding threat of daylight, I rolled away from the direction I thought the window was in and breathed a sigh of relief as my eyes were once again conquered by shadow. Squirming slightly and getting more confortable amid the tangled covers, I found myself settled next to a warm entity. 

     Well...warm and soft. 

     Reaching around blindly had helped me discover that. 

     I could have sworn I heard something, a weird cross between a snicker and a cough but, as I stilled to try and listen further, the room was suddenly silent. Pushing the sound out of my mind, I snuggled closer to the warmth and let out a sigh of contentment, all too ready to drift back into the dark, unconscious abyss of sleep... 

     ...until I felt something weird touching my face. 

     It was light and fluffy, softly brushing against the swell of my cheek before barely touching the edge of my nose. Brushing at it lazily, I was surprised at its immediate retreat and, thinking it a figment of my imagination, set back to wrapping my arm around the warmth and tried once again to fall back asleep. 

     However, just as I’d finally begun to grasp onto the elusive goal of sleep, the weird something from before was back. It attacked my nose with a vengeance, tracing the crevices and ascending the bridge before irritating my eyes and then descending again to tickle the inside of my nostrils. After a few missed swipes at whatever it was that was so insistent on disturbing my rest, along with the sound of muffled chuckles, my brain cells started working again and I pouted. 

     I knew exactly what was causing this and, while he must’ve been having a field day, I was highly displeased. 

     “Stop it,” I grumbled dazedly before turning away from my attacker. 

     When whatever he was bothering me with stopped for a second before becoming more aggressive in its efforts, I rolled onto my stomach and stuffed my face into a pillow. He immediately made a noise of disappointment and I smiled into the soft fabric. 

     The tables were turned – his displeasure had now become my amusement. 

     “Aww, come on, noona,” he whined, a few soft chuckles highlighting timid English before he switched back to his native Korean, speaking words I had learned only a few months ago. “Things were just getting fun.” 

     I mumbled something into the fabric of the cushion and he gave a breathy laugh. I felt the soft persistence of fingers and immediately anchored myself onto my side of the bed, refusing to budge even as they skimmed and rubbed up and down my sides. 

     “Fine, fine, I’ll stop,” his voice spoke softly, close to my ear, and as he chuckled at my defiance I smiled harder into the pillow before letting the fingers win. 

     I felt him turn me over, onto my back, and was a little surprised to find lips already pressed against mine. I opened my eyes to find his already staring, almost like a child at a school’s project night, waiting to pull me inside. We stared into each other’s deep brown eyes as if staring into the opposite's soul and I felt his lips stretching into a smile, mine automatically doing the same. We smiled together for a few seconds before he closed his eyes and started kissing me. Just like with our eyes, I was instantly pulled in. 

     It started off as an innocent thing, our lips barely brushing together as he lay on top of me, the covers keeping us warm. However, soon enough, the cool morning air became less and less important as his lips pressed and moved against mine and soon my fingers found themselves sliding across his cheeks and combing through the soft strands of his hair. His smile widened and he became more aggressive, his lips now pressing and moving more dominantly against mine, and soft shivers danced down my spine. The temperature only rose as the probing fingers from before caressed my sides, playing with the hem of my shirt before slowly slipping themselves inside of it. Moments later his tongue ran across my bottom lip, as if asking for entrance. 

     The combination of his still-cold fingertips and warm mouth made me gasp, senses coming back to me as my eyes snapped open and my hands immediately slid to his cheeks, holding his face at a distance. His own eyes opened, confusion staining his pupils, while I silently marveled at the stark contrast between the dark brown of my hands and the creamy color of his face. No matter how much I had already acknowledged it, the little things like this were what reminded me of how different we were. 

     Just as my mind had begun wandering again, the whisper of my name brought me back to the present and my eyes instantly found his. His, effortlessly warm and brown, continued staring questioningly into mine for a moment before he sat, using his hands to pull mine away from his face and me into a sitting position where he continued semi-straddling me. 

     Now it was my turn to stare at him questionably, my mind still somewhat clouded by my wandering thoughts and our heated exchange. I stared at him and watched as an easy smile lit up his youthful face at my stunned demeanor. Even if I felt frazzled, my still asleep mind alternating between being fully awake and asleep, I couldn’t help the smile that soon fell onto my lips. I loved his smile, it was the first thing I had noticed about him and the thing I loved most about waking up next to him. 

     However, he didn’t give me much time to admire the view. 

     I blinked and in the next second his lips were attached to mine again, eyes closed as hands that were still holding mine drew me closer, pulling and arranging so that my arms were draped around his neck. Once satisfied, his fingers separated from mine to wrap around my waist, pulling me even closer. He smiled into the kiss, obviously proud of his handiwork, before increasing the pressure and intensity again, drawing me back into the heat of before. 

     My face warmed and I closed my eyes, all too accepting of this new set up, before he swiped his tongue over my bottom lip one last time and I gasped slightly, jolted back into the present and reminded of why I had stopped him the first time. Instantly, the arms that looped around his neck pulled back to pull his face away from mine again.

     In any other situation the look on his face would have made me laugh. 

     He huffed angrily, cheeks poking out and lips pouting cutely as my name fell from his lips in an annoyed groan. 

     “Let me kiss you~!” he whined, unconsciously pairing his adorable English and aegyo all in one cute sentence. Immediately after he tried pulling me closer to resume our session, but I stubbornly slipped away from his arms and out of the warm blankets as I lifted myself from the bed. 

     “No~!” I whined back, my face warming again in an invisible blush as I raised my hand to cover my mouth and ignored the too-cold air to run into the bathroom, thoughtlessly yelping my newest Korean phrase to him. “I have morning breath!” 

     The laughter that followed had the dark-skinned girl standing opposite to me in the bathroom mirror narrowing her eyes as the taste of toothpaste stained her tongue. 

     “I hate you, Lee Taemin!” I called back as loudly and clearly as I could with paste, foam, and a still-scrubbing toothbrush in my mouth. 

     The sound of laughter resonated from somewhere down the hallway and, even as I rolled my eyes in annoyance, I watched a small smile creep onto the plump lips of the girl in the mirror as a paler boy with wavy reddish-brown hair appeared behind her, his arms encircling her waist as his head rested on her shoulder, lips tugging into a gentle smile as he whispered softly so that only she could hear: 

      “I love you, too.” 


Yeah, I know it wasn't much of anything and it's not even that well-written. I'm not so good with fluff or romance, ironically enough, but I still hope at least one person liked it. Anyways all comments, criticisms, and the like are welcome and encouraged - as long as they're done in good taste -  and please feel free to start applying whenever you're ready. 

 

Thanks and stay safe, 

DoMeSi [-]

 

p.s. Omg, now I have 3 other authors willing to help (^_^) Seriously, I feel like I really am starting a movement, lol, thanks so much for the support! Something tells me I'm definitely gonna need to work something out. I mean, at the least we're gonna need a club name or something lol