How Can I

How Can I

I watched as you untied her hair. Her long brown hair was fall freely on her shoulder. She looked beautiful under the warm of the sunset, like she always did.

"What are you doing there? Come on, let's build a sandcastle!" you shouted from the opposite direction. I give a long sighed when she ran before me.

She suddenly stoped her step. Her gaze was focused on something in front of her. you smiled like she saw something magnificent. I moved forward and stand silently beside her. My eyes were searching for something in front of me. I saw nothing spectacular. There was only a man with his wife, and a daughter. They were builiding a sandcastle together.

"I hope we can be like that someday." She said. I looked at her like like she's a crazy woman. "What?" I answered with my confused tone.

you started talking, "In another place, in another time, and in another chance we will be united together again, will we?" She asked in the middle of her daydream.

I forced a smile, perhaps I can't show my sincerity through my smile. Perhaps I can't show my sincerity through my act. But I can show my sincerity through my love and true feelings for her.

I slowly hugged her from behind. My nose were touching her warm shoulder in a thin sweater. "We're always gonna be united again. Someday. I'll promise you." When I said that, you shivered and then she burst into tears. Her eyes were teary but there's still a smile painted on her face.

"Thank you for loving me." She replied. I moved my fingers on her cheek and wipe her tears away.

I nodded, "It's a pleasure to loved someone like you." I answered as I hugged her tighter.

 

Present

I never know that when she asked that stupid question, it means that she's gonna leaving me, alone in this cruel world.

Then, her smile was painted on my mind. The way she grinned and laugh. The way she murmured and angry. The way she said 'saranghae' to me. And the way she loved me.

eotteoke neoreul ijeulkka
ijeuryeogo aereul sseobolkka
dasi doragal sun eobseulkka
amu maldo kkeonael suga eobseotdeon
uri majimak yaegi

That song. Why is that song keep repeated on the radio?

I got up from the sofa and walked to the radio. I raised my hands then slammed the radio to the ground. The radio split apart. There's no more sad song from it. No more song that will reminds me of her. No more sadness.

"Hyung! Are you alright?" I heard someone screamed from behind me. But I'm too unstable to noticed it. When I'm about to slammed the vase to the ground, I felt someone's hand were gripping me tight.

"Let go!" I said in frustration.

"Hyung, slamming the vase wouldn't make you any better." I closed my eyes when I started to notice the worried in Changmin's voice.

My legs were trembling down. My eyes are blur because of tears.

"Y-you don't understand." I said in the middle of my sobs.

Changmin looked at me in sympathy. I hate that look, I hate it so much.

"Hyung, she's gone for good. She's leaving you for a reason." He said, trying to reduce my sorrow. But, it doesn't work.

My chest still hurts because of the reality. It seems like something was missing inside my chest.

"I miss her." I closed my face with my palm and I burst into tears immediately. I miss her so much.

"She'll never leave your side. You need to know that." Changmin explained. I don't care about it. I wanted her to be here beside me, right now. I miss her so much that I could die. Tears can't stop from falling from my eyes. Even tough I had enough of crying, tears still flowing down on my cheeks.

 

Flashback

It was the first day on winter when she called me.

"Yunho oppa, I want to break up." you said in a cold yet flat tone.

I was gasping for air, "What?" I asked.

"I can't be with you anymore."

Silence.

"It's over?" I replied in shaking voices. Deep inside, my heart was shatter apart and new hole inside my heart was open.

There's no answer. I could only heard her breathing on the phone.

"ANSWER ME!" I screamed. Why should I break up with a girl who could understands me more than anyone else?

Why?

"M-mianhae." Her voice were shaking, but I don't give a damn about it.

"Why?!" I raised my voice. My manager who sits in front of me stare at me with his cold look. I ignored him.

"If it's because you cheated on me, I don't care. I just want to be with you. That's all. Please don't break up, okay?" I asked her hopelessly.

Sob. I could heard her sobbing. It hurts. Somehow, I could feel her pain. I could feel that she's hiding something behind this.

"I'm sorry." She whispered on the phone slowly. I can't say anything else. The connection was cut off by her. That moment, I could only froze and stare blankly. My brain can't process what's just happen now. Only one word crossed on my mind, why?

 

Present

"I'm so sorry for you." Said Kyuhun to me with a broken voice. "It must not be easy to lose her." He continued. I can't say anything. I just fake a smile and walked away from him.

"Hey Yunho, the funeral will start any minutes from now, why are you here?" My manager asked me when he saw me sitting alone at the bench in front of the church.

I bite my lower lips, "I can't see her. I don't want to saw her dead body." I explained. My voice were trembling and my sight going blur.

"I know it's hard, but you must see her. You must said goodbye to her for the last time." My manager explained. He pat my shoulder before walked away from me.

Rain was falling from my eyes.

saranghanda mareul haesseul ttaen
neon meomchwobeoryeotgo
nan gaseumeun teojil deut haenneunde
jigeum nan meomchwobeorigo
ne daeum yaegireul gidaril ppunya

you, why you never told me that you got a cancer?

Why you're leaving me with a hundreds of question and regrets?

You should told me, and I would be there on your final moment.

I'll be there and said that everything's gonna be okay.

I'll be the one who give you the courage to fight the desease.

I'll be there and said that I'll love you until the the sun stop from rising.

 

1 year later...

I finally have the courage to visit her grave.

I finally get rid of my regrets.

I stood there in front of you's grave. Her name was written and spelled beautifully on the headstone.

A little girl was holding to my hand tightly. Her eyes narrowed when she saw me putting a rose flower on the grave.

"Appa, what is this? You told me you will bring me to my real eomma. You're a liar." The little girl murmured lightly. I smiled then slowly squated in front of her.

"Hana, this is your mother." I explained to her. She looked at me without blinking, her eyes widened in surprise. I laughed at her innocent reaction.

I stood up then closed my eyes. My hands were holding Hana's hand tightly.

"Are you looking at us right now? I hope so." I slowly opened my eyes then looked up at the skies. Somewhere from up there, I could feel that she's watching us.

"When I'm on my to the studio, I past through a small orphanage. I saw a lot of childrens were playing and shouting at each other on the street. My eyes were fixed on a little girl who looked like you. She have a small and dark eyes like yours, she have a cute laugh like yours, and she have a bubbly personality like yours. Everytime I looked at her, it always reminds me of you. Whatever she did, it always reminds me of you. Then, I agree to adopted her. I want to raised her as my children. I want to raised her as our children. We're gonna be united someday right? You will meet Hana and realized how she looked like you. And we're gonna build our own sandcastle on a beach were there's nothing but the sound of the ocean waves. Like what I've promised you before, we're always gonna be united someday." I said. I smiled at the skies then looked down at Hana. She smiled at me, even tough she didn't understands what's going on.

eotteoke neoreul ijeulkka
ijeuryeogo aereul sseobolkka
dasi doragal sun eobseulkka
yeojeonhi neol saranghagi ttaemune
kkumeseorado mitgi sirheun iyagi

 

 

Every memory repeats, every step I take retreats, every journey always brings me back to you.

 

 

 


So how was it?

This is my first time writing a one-shot story :3

It was actually fun, but I'm sad that the story ends too soon.

Thank you for reading *bows 90 degrees*