Of Conversation and Nick Names.

Destiny's Tune

“Aaron huh? Charming.”

 

Aaron snorted, “Oh great. We haven’t known each other for a minute and she’s already giving me a nick name.”

 

Even laughed at his sarcasm, “Oh don’t act so innocent. That piano piece of yours took 10 minutes to finish,”

 

“It still didn’t stop you from dozing off against that wall now, did it?” He said

 

“I did not doze off!” She bellowed

 

“My, my, what a temper. Are you sure you’re not in Storm? You could be wrong, school doesn’t start yet, you can still switch you know.”

 

Even eyed him with dagger stares, “Well, Mr Aaron Yan, I am so sorry that the Forrette house will have to deal with my temper for awhile.”

 

Aaron arched his eyebrow, “Awhile?”

 

The girl chewed her bottom lip, realizing she had said out the wrong word, “Uh, yeah, awhile. We don’t get stuck here for the rest of our life now, do we?” She laughed awkwardly.

 

Aaron’s eyes ate Even with doubtness; he gave her a small smile, “You know Even, lying doesn’t work on me. I know what you are feeling, so don’t lie.”

 

The browned eyes (Contacts) stare at him for a long time, registering what the lad in front of her meant, “You know what I’m feeling?”

 

“Empathy, Even.”

 

“Empathy? Isn’t that…Emotion manipulating or something?” She asked.

 

He nodded, “Manipulate and reading.”

 

Even blinked rapidly before huffing, “Aw, that !”

 

It was his turn to blink, “Why?”

 

“Because, dear Charming, I can’t lie to you.”

 

Aaron smirked.

 

“Wipe that smirk out of your face, Charming.”

 

He kept his smirk on his face.

 

Even slumped back on the wall near her, “Seriously?”

 

“You know, all you got to do is not get so nervous. I can only read and manipulate your emotions, but I can’t read your mind.”

 

“Oh…” She said.

 

Aaron looked at her with half lid eyes, “What are you thinking about?”

 

“What?” The girl asked innocently.

 

With his eyebrow furrowed, he replied her, “You’re curious, why are you curious?”

 

“Oh…It’s nothing really. Just want to check if there’s any drama club.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You know…So I can act in front of you and not have you read my emotions.” She said.

 

The lad looked at her with half-moon eyes, “Har.Har. Very. Funny.”

 

She laughed.

 

Hard.

 

And their pointless conversation continued.


“Eh? What is this? Hitting on the new girl already Aaron?” A familiar voice spoke from behind. Even turned around and saw Hebe smiling sheepishly at them.

No.” Aaron replied.

 

Even shifted her gaze back to the lad, surprised by his sudden cold attitude.

 

“Kidding! Sheesh, now you’re giving me the cold shoulder?” Hebe questioned.

 

Now you’re giving me? Does that mean that Aaron ignored someone in the pass?

 

No one answered her question.

 

“So, uh, what’s an I.N.?” Even asked, while slapping herself mentally in the head soon after.

 

Surprisingly, both Hebe and Aaron chuckled, making Even blush furiously, “What?” She asked.

 

Hebe shook her head, “You haven’t figure it out? I’ve said it before you know. In the office? Ring a bell?” The gray eyes said.

 

“I.N. Inhuman nature.” Aaron said bluntly.

 

“Aw! Yan Ya Lun, you are no fun!” Hebe wailed.

 

“Anything to get both of you out of here, Fu Zhen.”

 

Ya Lun? Fu Zhen? They're using chinese names. Must be close to each other.

 

Oh, stop it dreaming, you knew you'd never had a chance, not after what happened.

 

Flashback

 

"Jie?" A voice spoke from behind her seat. Even turned her body to look at the person.

 

"George? What's wrong?"

 

"We need to talk." He said seriously.

 

"Uhm, Ms Li's gonna come in soon, after school?" She asked him.

 

George's eyes suddenlt looked more...Complicated. It was as if he was both sighing happily and nervously.

 

"Uh, sure."

 

Even would have been lying if she said she wasn't thinking about George's 'talk' during class. What would be mportant enough for George to act so...Serious?

 

She though hard about it, even a proposal came in mind, even though they're not officially dating.

 

Ah, more than best friends but never a lover.

 

Proposal would be surprising, but still romantic, right?

 

Wrong. No, not about the proposal, because that word didn't even came up.

 

"I have to move, I'm not going here anymore." George stated.

 

And that, was the second time Even had her heart broken.


"Even?" Aaron called out, snapping her out of the flasback.

 

She blinked several times before murmuring, "Huh?"

 

"You zoned out, what's wrong?" Hebe asked.

 

"Zoned out?"

 

"Yeah." Hebe answered.

 

Even needed an excuse to get out of the questions, and fast. And suddenly, she remembered :

 

“Anything to get both of you out of here, Fu Zhen.”

 

Bingo!

 

" What do you mean 'to get both of you ot of here'?Excuse me!” Even howled, “In case you have forgotten, you were the one who brought me in here.”

 

The lad turned so quick it was almost a swirl, he fixed his eyes on Even and raised his eyebrow, “I did?”

 

“Uh, yeah you did. Don’t act so innocent.” Even replied.

 

Aaron smirked, “So, bringing you in here is a crime? That’s why I’m not innocent?”

 

Even held out her index finger and wiggled it at him, A’, a’, ah…You’re not going to trick me there, Mister. You are not innocent for acting innocent,”

 

Hebe furrowed her eyebrow while her head spin, “You know what? You guys can keep on this flirting and bickering. I need to go somewhere. Aaron, would you be so kind and show Even her dorm?”

 

He looked at Even for a short time before answering, “She wiill do. But you do owe me.”

 

Hebe sighed, “Yeah, yeah. What ever.” She shot a glance at Even with a smile on her face, “Be careful, buh-bye.” She sang cheerfully before exiting the music room.

 

Even turned her gaze back at Aaron, eying him with hate (though she did not necessarily mean to, because, well, he’s hot).

 

“What?” Aaron asked while smirking.

 

“What do you mean ‘will do’?”

 

He kept on smirking.

 

"Oh wipe that arrogant smirk off you face, Charming." She said.

 

Aaron looked at her with his suddenly sparkly eyes, "Charming huh?"

 

Even nodded, 'Yup. And if you don't like it...I'll just keep calling you 'Charming' more than I should, poor you..." She sang.

 

Still carved with his smirk, he replied, "Fine, then I'll give you a nick name too."

 

"Ha, ha, ha. What are you going to call me? The-Girl-Who-Doesn't-Belong-In-Forrette-Because-She-Has-A-Temper?"

 

Aaron sighed down a smile, "That's too long."

 

"My point exactly. There's no good nick name for me, Charming."

 

"Why do you call me Charming anyway?"

 

Even blushed slightly, though she still kept her poker-face on, "Oh, because you're 'Charming'!"

 

"Oh? That's why?" He smiled and put a finger on his chin, " So, in my point of view, you are the girl who shocked me outside my private music room, Crazy-Girl doesn't suit you, does it?"

 

"Try me, Aaron." She warned.

 

He smirked again, "I thought so. Hm, Crazy-Girl is out of the way..."

 

"It sure is." Even said, with a hint of warning in her voice. "Give up, you'll never find me a good nick name, or, at least, one that I can tolerate with."

 

Aaron laughed slightly, "You shocked me, almost making me scare, so I guess..."

 

"You guess...?"

 

"Like a ghost, Gui Gui."


Oh, wow. I thought I would be MIA again! xD Enjoyed it? Read and review!