Grey and Blue

Destiny's Tune

Even turned around as she heard a ‘snap’ coming from behind her. To her surprise, she saw the door opened and revealed a teenager.

 

Short night- black hair framed the teenager’s heart shaped face. She had a pair of stormy grey eyes that reminded Even of another.  The end of her nose slightly stood out and Even could see little lip gloss applied on her lips.

 

She was wearing a long turtle neck dress with black tights. As if she knew the office would freeze her to death. She looked at Even with surprised, “Headmistress Barbie, is she…” The short-hair girl voiced trailed off.

 

“Yes, Hebe.” She answered. “Meet a new member of your house, Miss Even Wu Ying Jie.” The older lady declared.

 

Hebe studied the girl in front of her with curiousness. Then, she smiled as walked closer to Even and held out her right hand, “Hi, I’m Hebe Tien Fu Zhen, your house senior.”

 

Even awkwardly shook her hand, “Even, Even Wu.” She gave Hebe a weak smile.

 

Barbie clapped her hands and made a thunk sound, “Very well then, Hebe, you may show Even around further more and led her to her dormitory in the evening, or sooner. Which ever fits.”

 

“And also…” She grabbed hold of a few sheets of paper and held it out to Hebe, “These are Even’s information, and you may drop them of to the teachers in charge.”

 

Hebe stepped forward closer and took the papers in her hands, “Is there a folder or a file for her, Headmistress?”

 

The older lady furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before exclaiming, “Oh, yes. I forgot.” She then spun her chair and hunched lower to her shelf.

 

A few moments passed before she held a transparent file folder out to Hebe, “Here.”

 

Hebe stared at her in shock, “She’s an I.N?”

 

Barbie nodded, “Yes.”

 

“Oh, wow. It’s been such a long time.” Hebe said.

 

Even’s eyes veiled the two with confusion. She then drew herself up to full height, making the two backed up in surprised, “Wait, wait, wait, what is I.N?”

 

Hebe laughed slowly at the long-hair’s question, “You’ll know soon, Even.” She glanced around Even to look at the headmistress, “May we go now, Headmistress?”

 

The woman smiled, “Yes.” She answered simply.

 

Hebe gave Even another smile (Is everyone smiling in this academy?) and held out her hand to her. Even was confused, she already shook her hand before, does this girl has a shaking-other-people’s-hands addiction?

 

“Let’s go.” Hebe said.

 

Oh. I am stupid one here, apparently.


“So…What’s an I.N?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You know…What you said back in the office.”

 

“Oh…That. Don’t worry Even, you’ll know soon.”

 

You said that last time…

 

They were walking around the academy for hours. Here and then they would stop so Hebe could show her the facilities at the academy.

 

So far, the senior head house had showed her all four of the libraries in the academy. The four were the Victoria Library, Amelia Library, Juliana Library and Juliet Library.

 

Each library had its own function. Victoria was more of a huge study hall. Its uniqueness was where each student’s textbook (or other related books) will appear next to them once they have sat down. It works as so to show the student’s worst subject and even how to study.

 

In short form, Even was never going to step in that library, ever again.

 

Amelia on the other hand, was quite different. It was indeed a library with shelves full of dusty books that looked as if they had never been touched. This was because the library worked more like a Science lab (minus all of the ‘Toxic’, ‘Poison’ sign). Each table had a beaker, test frog (Even assumed it was) and other Science related……Stuff.

 

This was also another library she would never step foot in again.

 

Juliana Library led Even breathed out a relief sigh. It was a (huge) classic library, with chandeliers here and there, wooden shelves and long ladders to climb up to. Judging by the softness and thickness of the mat, falling down the ladders won’t cause death. Injuries on the other hand…

 

Let’s just say they were blood stains here and there.

 

The last library was Even’s favourite. It was very modern and private. Unlike the other libraries, this one had staircases every where. It would lead to an endless sea of stairs if Even kept looking to find an end. Hebe also told Even that every table had its own computer, where students can go online and read at the same time. Though this library was not really a library to study at.

 

The books that were placed in it were fictions: Novels and storybooks. Non-fiction were also placed it there on the steel rack, journals, autobiography, magazines, even newspapers.

 

Now that was a dream library.

 

Other than the four, Hebe also took Even to the field, tennis court, badminton court, paddock and tons of actual Science lab and actual Computer room.

 

What’s a little weird (and funny) to Even, was that, they had not cross path to a class room (other than the science labs)

 

Even wanted to ask, but she decided against it.

 

Hebe suddenly halted in front of a door. She twisted her ankle and looked at Even, “Uh, I need to go to the ladies’ room.”

 

Even blinked in confusion, trying to scan Hebe’s words in her head. She blinked few more times before circling , “Oh, oh. Okay, Okay. Go, it’s okay.”

 

“Sorry, Even. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Look around if you want too!” She told her before disappearing along the hallway.

 

Even slumped herself against the wall, mumbling, “Powers, wizards, witches, I.N.” She smirked to herself, “Houses, diamonds, stupid purple diamond!” She moaned.

 

“How the heck did I get placed in Forrette? Me? Peace? Totally off!”

 

“I see what you mean; you should be placed in Storm for all I see.” An unfamiliar voice spoke.

 

Even cocked her head up, her brown contacts met with a dark and intense set of blue eyes. “Huh?”

 

The blue eyed smirked, “You have quite a temper, worthy of a Storm.”

 

Even would have wanted to protest, but she was distracted by the person’s face.

 

He had fair skin that contrasted wildly with his raven, flyaway hair. His clever nose hung perfectly above his pale pink lips. His strong chin pointed down to the exact place of the middle of his neck. His hair contrasted greatly with his white shirt and silver vest. On the corner of his vest, pinned a silver crest that was similar to Hebe’s, only Hebe’s was in light purple.

 

“You’re…..You’re a Forrette?”

 

The lad nodded.

 

“Wh…Where did you come from?”

 

The raven-hair laughed, and pointed to the-now-opened door next to them, “From in there. That is the Music Room, you want to come in? Or stay outside?”

 

“Uh…” A red flush appeared across her cheeks. Not only his face was stunning, his voice too!

 

A sneer touched the corner of his lips as he held out his hand towards her. Even placed her hand on his without a single doubt; and they went into the music room.


 The music room was…not living up to her expectations.

 

It was quite small compared to the other facilities that Even had seen. (Though, the others were quite huge, so, the word ‘small’, was actually normal.)

 

It was also…Mysterious.

 

Red and black curtains shield the room from sun light; every single instrument in it was the colour black. The only thing that ‘cheered’ up the room was the oak floor beneath, and to Even, wood, was not cheerful in any way.

 

Even let go of his hand a few moments ago, because he was leading her further into the room, where all the black instruments were placed. If he wondered why her hand was out of his palm, he didn’t show it.

 

He went straight further where a big grand piano was placed. He eased into a yet another black chair, and started playing.

 

Even kept her distanced. She stood still far behind. From her point of view, she could only see the lad’s back while playing. He was playing it so beautifully. A tune that was a lullaby to her. Even placed her hand on the wall, closed her eyes and listened with her whole body till it finished.

 

The tune gave a fresh mind, it took away all of her doubts and worries. She was almost going to say ‘thank you’ to it, until her mind came back and told her that would be a stupid idea.

 

So instead, she gathered up all her courage and marched down the room. The dark-blue eyes looked at her expectantly, he was about to open his mouth, before Even cut him off, “Thank you. It was a…Beautiful piece.”

 

He smiled softly, (which made Even melt in her inside) “The pleasures mine. I see you are one of those who had no idea of having powers?”

 

Even glanced sideways, “Yeah.” She answered.

 

She shifted her gaze back to him, which was both easy and hard. Easy, because he had a charming looking face; hard, because she did not want him to see her blushing like crazy.

 

“So…” She trailed off.

 

“So…” He mimicked her.

 

“Since I’m in Forrette…”

 

“and I’m in Forrette too,” The lad continued.

 

“May I know your name?”

 

He turned her body fully to look at her with ease, “I suppose, but lady’s first.”

 

For the first time that day, Even let a sincere and happy smile, “Even, Even Wu Ying Jie.”

 

The lad rose from his eat and said, “Aaron, Aaron Yan Ya Lun.”


Yay! Aaron's here, and...quite nice too right? Not the usual cold and distant Aaron (again, no offence, nothing's wrong) that we know....Yet.

Are there less people here than I remember? Cause the comments are getiing lesser by the minute.....Kidding!

I wouldn't trade your awesome comments for a magic sword! My life on the other hand.....XD

Signing out,

-GuilunLovers01-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S.: This, is where the fun begins...Things are going to get hot...hopefully. XD

P.S.S: Bubble jie, got your treat, Aaron's here, and no, I'm not going to let them have a kiss until the 54th chapter... XD