Academy for the Specials

Destiny's Tune

Even before she opened her eyes from sleeping, Even knew her life was going to change, forever.

 

She closed the door behind her. She was very sure that she did it lightly, but it still made a ‘PAK’ sound.

 

And there was where Even’s annoyance towards that place began.

 

She turned and looked up front, finding rows and rows of somewhat antique-looking lockers. The number of lockers there were countless. Even continued looking down the hall, and she felt that she was looking through a sea of lockers, endless.

And then, she came into a conclusion. There were many kids studying there.

 

Feeling more annoyed than before, she tilted her head, looking up to the high ceiling of her new schoo-Academy. She saw many square-shaped black thingy. It gave her the feeling that she was one of those idiotic teenagers that made a ridiculous attempt to try acting brave.

 

Oh, she saw those kind of movies many times, and it all ended the same. The one that was the bravest ended up dead, killed by a so-call ghost, and the one that insisted that the group shouldn’t go in to the haunted mansion, but did so anyway, would end up being alive. And, if it was some-what a Horror-Romantic genre kind of movie, there would be two people who made it out a life.

 

The smart one, and her…..or his boyfriend/girlfriend.

 

Even hoped that she didn’t enter a trap.

 

Out of the blue, the ceiling changed color, as if it sensed that black was not Even’s favorite color.

 

It changed to purple, Even’s favorite color.

 

“Even Wu Ying Jie?” A voice called out to her. Even saw a slim figure appearing before her eyes. The figure was…..Running?

 

“Yes.” She answered calmly. The figure was running alright, because when the figure, uhh, a girl came near Even, she was panting hard.

 

“Wow, that was exhausting, sorry for being late.” The girl apologized.

 

Even started to look uneasy, “No problem, I…Guess? Why are you sorry again?”

 

The girl looked up at Even, recovering from her panting. To Even’s surprise, she smiled brightly and even laughed too, “You’re funny. I hope you’ll be sorted in my house.”

 

“Sorted in your house? Uhh…..No thanks, I have a good and comfortable home, no offence though.” Even laughed awkwardly.

 

The girl laughed again, “Hehehe, it’s fine, you’ll understand soon enough. By the way, my name is Zhuo Yu Xuan,Genie Zhuo Yu Xuan, you can call me Genie, or Xuan Xuan, which ever suits you.”

 

"Oh, hi…….Genie?”

 

“Hmm, I thought so, but, never mind. I will be your tour guide this fine day, shall we go now, Even?”

 

Even shrugged, “Okay, I guess.”

 

And so Genie took her down the hall, telling her the history of the school based on some random pictures that were hung on the wall. But Even wasn’t paying even half of the attention she should to Genie, to her, it was just another boring history lesson.

 

That was because she missed the part where Genie mentioned ‘battle’, ‘witches’, ‘fire-cracker’.

 

Nah….What the heck? She’s going to learn it again in History Class anyway.

 

There is a History Class right?

 

Yes? No? What ever.

 

“And here we are!” Genie exclaimed, happily. As if the door in front of them was a portal to go to Italy.

 

It wasn’t one.

 

Right?

 

Even shook her head lightly, slow enough not to let Genie noticed.

 

Genie knocked lightly on the door, and suddenly, a cool breeze passed through them, opening the door.

 

Inside, Even saw a woman who was dressed in a fashionable yet classic robe. The next thing Even saw was the woman’s beautiful hair, it was a long, straight black hair that was woven into a shell.

 

Her hair was black as night, but there were hints of…little white stuff on all over her hair. They were not dandruff, because they were shining, (And also because Even had suffered her fair share of being a dandruff victim, not that anyone needed to know that)

 

It was……Snow?

 

The woman’s eyes flickered, or, at least Even thought they were, and her lips curved into a delightful smile, “Even Wu is it?”

 

“Y…..Yes.”

 

The woman placed her pale hands on her desk, forming them into an A shape, gently placing her head above them, “I see. Thank you for your assistance, Genie, You’re excused.”

 

Genie nodded, “Thank you Headmistress Barbie.” And she left the room.

 

“Come Even, sit down. We have a lot, to talk about.”


 

“So, Headmistress Barbie, what, uh……Do we need to talk about?”

 

“Tell me about yourself, Even.” The older lady answered.

 

Even’s eyes widened, “Are you sure? Cause, isn’t it normal for me, as the new student, like…….Fill in some sheets or something? I mean, that is what’s normal for a new student…Right?”

 

Barbie frowned in the tiniest moment, and returned to her smile, “This Academy, for special people like ourselves, is not exactly, what normal human call, normal school, is it?”

 

The word normal, pronounced twice by her, sent shivers down to Even’s spine. Even fought very hard to keep her (blunt and slightly confused) face straight .

 

Don’t be, oh heck, don’t look nervous!. Be yourself, be yourself!

 

Then, her body totally took her of guard. Even’s shoulders squared, and she shrugged, “Well, yeah. We’re not exactly normal, are we?”

 

I hate you, shoulders.

 

Cold wind blew pass her, though she noticed that the windows were not open, locked even. Where did the wind come from?

 

“Oh, my dear Even, there is no need to feel nervous. Do not feel nervous.”

 

At that exact moment, cold wind blew pass her, again. Only this time, it came from her behind. It was as if, the wind now, was the same wind like the first breeze.

 

Her whole body suddenly tensed, feeling a cold breeze making its way into her body. With all of the damn expressions she’s making, it surprised her that the headmistress’s smile have not change. It could have grown wider for all she knew, but, again, Even was busy having shivering breeze making its way all over her body. (Again, mind you.)

 

Even did not know how or why, but she felt the breeze stopped as it reaches 5 points in her body, her right and left leg, respectively, both of her elbows, also respectively, and her brain, right in the middle.

 

And it all stopped.

 

Barbie giggled softly, “A little chilly?”

 

Even’s eyes were so wide they could have popped out.

 

She did that? But when? Why? How?

 

Even mentally slapped herself at the questions.

 

When? Uhh, I don’t know, maybe it was when the freezing wind went in you. Why? Cause she has powers? How? Easy, cause she has powers.

 

“Humph, at least the nerves are gone huh, Even?”

 

“Y….You did that?” Of course she did you genius.

 

Barbie nodded, “I did.”

 

The teenager blinked a couple of time, uhh, make that a dozen of time, and said, “Awesome.”

 

Now it was Barbie’s turn to blink, “Pardon me?”

 

Hah, that’s right, lady. How do you like the game now?

 

Even beamed, “That was awesome! Will I have powers like that too?”

 

The headmistress’s confusion went away, and her smile was plastered on her face again, “We’ll see.”

 

“When?” She asked with enthusiasm.

 

“Soon.” Barbie said. Clearly stating that the topic had reached its end.

 

“Well, Even, I’m afraid you still have not told me about yourself. Go on, don’t be shy.” Her smile turned slightly dangerous, “Or nervous,”

 

‘Or I’ll freeze you death with my breeze?’ Easy there, old hag.

 

Barbie’s smile turned soft again.

 

Uhh, okay, you’re not an old hag. A young hag, maybe? Does that work?

 

She waited patiently with that perfect smile on her face.

 

Fine! I get it! You are not a hag, you’re a freaking beautiful woman with that freaking beautiful smile of yours! Can we talk about me now? Sheesh!

 

Uhh……That was completely unnecessary.

 

Wait, Who am I talking to?

 

Seeing the smile, the, oh, so beautiful smile, Even couldn’t help herself to return it.

 

She gave Barbie a crooked smile.

 

Harhar, call the press! It’s official, I, Even Wu Ying Jie, at the age of 16, am totally crazy.


Wow, that was quick. Hmm, I guess that's the least I can do for missing so long. Give a shout out to my jie, Bubble, for being the first comment-er (is that even a word?) in this story. Love you to pieces jie! <3 As for the rest of you, comment and suscribe, tell me what yo think, I'll get back as soon as....I feel like I want to update more. Okie-dokie, GuilunLovers01, signing out.