Chapter 27

w i n g m a n

“I thought you said you didn’t go for girls that were involved with your friends.”

Nana’s ears perked up at the voice and she peered out from behind the garbage can.
Just as she thought, it was Chunji. 
He was standing by L.Joe and Saeyeon, with an I-Told-You-So smirk plastered on his face.

L.Joe released Saeyeon from his embrace and sighed.
“Did you really have to kill the moment with that useless statement?” He asked apathetically.
Saeyeon giggled, wiping away the last of her tears.

“It wasn’t useless as of an hour ago. Anyway, more importantly, do you know where Nana is?” Chunji asked, earning a knowing smile from his best friend.

“I’m right here.” Nana said, standing tall from the garbage can.
L.Joe gave her a strange look, wondering how long she had been hiding behind there.

“Here’s your sweater…” Nana said nervously, holding it out for Chunji to come and take.

“Just go over to him and give it to him. He won’t bite.” Saeyeon said with a fond smile.
Nana stared at Chunji and as soon as their eyes met, she averted her gaze and looked at her feet.

She shuffled nervously over to Chunji and struck his chest with the sweater. 
“Ow… I’m guessing you still hate me?” He asked, rubbing his chest.

Nana’s eyes went wide. “No… No, not at all!” She insisted.

“You just maimed him with a sweater…” L.Joe commentated with a smirk.
“No one asked you! Saeyeon, drag him somewhere else, will you?” Nana growled.

Saeyeon chuckled and nodded, pulling L.Joe back to the hotel, although he clearly persisted in trying to watch what would happen between the assaulted and the assaulter.

When Nana was sure they were not in Saeyeon and L.Joe’s field of vision or hearing, she continued.
“I thought it was just going to be a little fight… That we’d get over it soon…” She admitted sadly.
“It’s only been a day…” Chunji said with a smile.

“A day too long!” Nana shouted. 
Chunji grinned, “Much too long.” He cooed, pulling Nana into a long awaited embrace and kissing her forehead.

“I think it’s about time I asked you out, isn’t it?” Chunji said, his eyes shining with optimism. “So, Nana… Will you go out with me? I promise I won’t be so clingy if I know you’re mine.” 
Nana beamed and nodded wildly. She kissed him softly on the cheek, blushing ten shades of pink.

She felt truly giddy walking back to the hotel with Chunji – hand in hand.
‘Now all that’s left is Saeyeon’s happy ending.’ She thought happily to herself.

The new couple went in the revolving doors together.

Nana frowned. She could hear bickering already. And it was unmistakenly Saeyeon and L.Joe’s voices.
“Oh no, no no…” She groaned, looking at Chunji helplessly.

They ran into the lounge, seeing an angry Saeyeon with her hands on her hips and an equally furious L.Joe with his arms crossed.

“They love each other one second and hate each other the next. God, have mercy.” Chunji muttered.