Chapter 22

w i n g m a n

Myungsoo stood patiently outside 55E, looking very clean in his button-down and vest.
He checked his watch – ‘7:53’.
So they’d be fashionably late…

“Sorry, couldn’t find my earrings.” Saeyeon said, quickly stepping outside while hooking on her beautiful onyx chandelier earrings.
Myungsoo couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was in a one shoulder, black dress that hugged her body. Her short hair was straightened to frame her face elegantly. She was holding a silver clutch and wearing a long pearl necklace. She stood at a nice height of 5,6” now with her four-inch, black pumps.

“Very tasteful.” Myungsoo murmured, happily noticing his black and gray attire matched her outfit.
“You look quite good yourself!” She replied with a glad smile.

Saeyeon took a deep breath and relaxed her shoulders. She could get through tonight easily if she just set her mind to it.
And she had purposely gone all out to help her feel confident. She felt even better as countless male students in the hotel did double-takes after she passed them by.

“I never knew Saeyeon could look so hot. Daaaaamn~” 
“Definitely gonna try to get with that…”

Hearing these compliments, she put on an alluring smile to match her fearless eyes. 
Myungsoo grinned; he was being looked at enviously by every guy they walked by. He was the one who was escorting Saeyeon. He was the one who was standing besides her. He was the one receiving her smiles and he was the one who would be eating dinner with her.

They entered the restaurant where their table was already reserved under Niel’s name.
Strangely, there were only four seats at the table – and two of them were taken by Eunji and L.Joe.

L.Joe looked quite angry and uncomfortable.
“Niel says he can’t make it and he says ‘sorry’.” L.Joe said through gritted teeth, knowing that Niel had set him up.
He looked up to see Saeyeon standing unusually tall.

“Sweetie, close your mouth.” Eunji whispered. L.Joe regained composure and finally pulled his gaze away.
Saeyeon looked at her hands nervously.

“How are you, L.Joe, Eunji?” Myungsoo said with a sly smile. He cruelly put his hand over Saeyeon’s, enjoying the pain that was visible on L.Joe’s face for a split second.
“We’re doing well, Myungsoo.” Eunji said happily, nudging L.Joe who instinctively gave her a dirty look. He then looked at Saeyeon closely, as if studying her.

“Why don’t we order food?” Saeyeon quickly said, trying to avoid L.Joe’s gaze.

L.Joe ordered a burger and fries, not really concerned with the food at the moment. 
Right now, Saeyeon was the epitome of the type of girl he had always hung out with. Her legs were now beyond model-status with the pumps on – not that they weren’t nice before – and her face was no longer cute, but incomprehensibly y.
However, he wasn’t enjoying the look. He missed her cute smile and the way her eyes formed rainbows when she laughed.
Her face was just beautiful now. She wouldn’t smile once and her eyes were dangerously sensual.
Her petite figure was enhanced by the dress and her curves were accentuated by the body-hugging material.
He rested his head on his hand, facing down.
He wasn’t even hungry anymore.

He looked around the restaurant. Various men were looking at their table, eyeing Eunji – actually scratch that; they were probably having dirty thoughts about Saeyeon.
Even men with dates, who were slowly getting angry, were ogling Saeyeon – his Saeyeon.

He lost his appetite. He was sick of this. He didn’t have to sit here and look happy for anyone.

L.Joe suddenly stood up, surprising the other three on his table.
“I’m leaving.” He said firmly, walking away.

Saeyeon looked at him wearily. Suddenly, however, he turned around, staring directly at her and walking her way.
He suddenly leaned in closer to her face and she closed her eyes in fright – he was either going to hit her or kiss her.

“Don’t ever dress like that when you’re out with another guy ever again.” He whispered, sending shivers down her spine.
He then threw his napkin in Myungsoo’s face and bolted out of the restaurant.

Saeyeon felt tears well up in her eyes. But the ends of her lips were tugging up into a smile. 
She was just a mess with or without him.

__________________________________________________