Chapter 1

Confused

I woke up early than usual, stretching my arms up on the air and I yawned. Then rubbing my eyes to take the drowsiness away and I looked at the clock beside our bed.

“Four-thirty in the morning, I still have one and half hour before the practice.” I said in audible voice hoping I didn’t wake up the sleeping body next to me. I moved out of the bed carefully because my roommate was a light sleeper. I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and to have a quick shower. After my morning routine I went to the practice room and I didn’t even switch on the lights. I just wanna stay there and enjoy the silence for a bit which I did. I sat at the farthest right corner of the room while listening to my Ipod. Two more days before we’re flying to Chile I’m always like this whenever we have tour or we’re gonna have a fan meeting somewhere outside of my country. I just don’t know why? I’m not excited or nervous at all. You can tell that I’m plain weird in that way.

When the song changed to one of our songs I stood and I danced it with full of emotions.

“shampoo ga dwego shipeo

 geudae ye meori karake na heulleo naerimyeo

jiteun naye hyanggiro, geudareul gamssago shipeo yo”

A certain someone came to my mind while dancing the song. Most of my band mates said that amongst the group. She’s much closer to me than to anyone. But I don’t see it in that way instead it’s more like she’s treating all of us equally. I don’t quite get it how her mind works her personality is still a mystery until now. While dancing the song and her rap part came in, I sang it.

“ibsuri sarangeul yaegi hal ttaen, geuttaen uri sarangeun the end…”

 Then before the rap would finish a familiar voice sang along with me.

“niga naege bbajyeosseul ttae, geuttaen ilcho do neomu gireo” I looked back to see her standing near at the entrance while leaning on the wall. I stopped dancing then stood in the middle of the practice room. My body became suddenly stiff I was glad that she didn’t turn on the lights or else. She’ll see me blushing madly and my face resembles a tomato I don’t know why I am blushing.

She the lights after that. I quickly looked down at the floor to hide the reddened cheeks of mine. When I regained myself I finally started to talk and I took a few glances of her as I took my Ipod in my pocket while pretending I was choosing a song.

“Hi,” I said.

“Why so early? You’re always like this whenever we’re off outside Korea.” She said.

“Nothing excited I guess?” She only nodded. A long silence enveloped the atmosphere. She’s a person who likes silence. She’s been like that since I met her a few years back then. Sometimes she’s a bit of a talker then sometimes she doesn’t talk at all and she’ll only shows her rare smiles at me. I finally got tired of pretending that I was choosing a song. She approached me and dragged me to the corner of the room. She sat there emotionless and I followed her after. The silence is still there. I was hoping that she would at least ask me something. The silence between the two of us is deafening. But I wanna stay with her like this as long she’s here next to me. I wanna erase the awkwardness around us when I was about to ask her. I heard my band mates footsteps and I stood up to see them.

“Good morning!” I said cheerfully.

“Good morning! You seem so happy today.” Jung Ah oenni said.

“Good morning Nana oenni,” The two maknae’s said at the same time. She only smiled at the maknae's

“Nothing, I’m really looking forward to the practice.” I said.

“You two are really like twins. Although your personalities are like hot and cold. You’re always together whenever I get to see you two.” Raina oenni said.

“That’s the best of friends.” She stood from her sit and answered back Raina oenni.

“I can see that..” She suddenly became sad and we knew she misses Bekah oenni.

“She said she’ll come and visit us someday.” I said to comfort her.

“I’m still waiting for her. She looks busy in her school right now.”

“Just have faith in her.” She finally nodded. Jung ah oenni approached me.

“Btw can you call Jooyeon? I’ve been trying to wake her up but she doesn’t even wanna get up. I’ve been calling her to her room and geez, that Jupal locked her room.”

“Jooyeon oenni, never listen to us anyway.” The two maknae’s said simultaneously and Kaeun sighed.

“These two maknae’s here tried to but they failed. I know you’ve got some strategies how to wake that girl up.”

“Where’s Uee oenni?” Asked E-young.

“She’ll be here tomorrow she’s just wrapping up her shooting schedules for today.” Jung ah oenni answered.

“It’s me again..to the save the day…” And I shook my head while I was heading to her room. As soon as I arrived in front her room. I tried to turned the knob, but it was locked I knock on the door and I’ve got no response from the other side.

“Oenni! We’re gonna start to practice in a few minutes.” Then I knocked again still got no response. I went to my room and I brought a clip. I changed the shape of the clip until I’d got the perfect shape of it to open the door. I inserted the clip in the knob in just a few turned. I finally opened the door of Miss sleepy body. I saw her sound sleep on her warm comfy bed. I called her but she didn’t flinch.

“Jooyeon oenni!” I called her more likely a shout, but still got no response from the sleeping girl. I checked on her and I saw ear plugs in her ear.

“That’s why she’s not waking up with all the knockings that I’ve done a while ago.” I carefully took them out.

“Joo.yeon oenni!!!” Oenni  fell on her bed and she rubbed her back after her back landed straight on the hard floor.

“Yah! Lizzy ah...can’t you even see I’m sleeping! You don’t have to shout!” She exclaimed.

“Oenni, we’ve got some practice to do Jung ah oenni isn’t happy at all.”

“Ok, I’ll be there just get out of my room for now.” She pushed me towards the entrance and I went back to the practice room.

“Where’s Jooyeon?” Jung ah oenni asked.

“She’ll be here in a minute. She wore ear plugs that’s why you couldn’t even wake her up.”

“That Jupal will get an early sermon from me. I can count on you always, thank you.” She smiled and I smiled back at her. Jung ah oenni went to sound system to prepare our practice. I saw the two maknae’s dragging the sofa’s towards the practice room and I asked Raina oenni.

“Raina oenni what’s that for?” I asked.

“Oh, that…we’re gonna pracrice some Japanese song to perform.”

“Don’t tell me you’ll gonna perform, Broken Heart?!”

“Yeah, that one.”

“I’m here sorry, omma..”

“Yah! You gave me a hard time just to wake you up I’ve even asked Lizzy to do the waking.”

“Ok I’m sorry, we better practice now instead of scolding me early in the morning.”

“Just next time don’t even wear ear plugs or else I’m gonna really destroy the door of your room.”

They began practicing some Japanese song, because they hadn’t done it for a long time. Me and the others were watching them through the huge mirror.

“Kaeun, change the song to Broken Heart, please.” Jung ah oenni commanded. They positioned themselves and the song started. Before she began to sing her part she looked at me and I just looked at her eyes. Then she gave me one of her iest smile ever. I suddenly felt my cheeks were heating up because of her smile. She began to sing her part and she flipped her hair in many ways. Every flipped of her hair was making me insane. I think these scenes before me are gonna give me nose bleeds right now! That iness of hers is irresistible. I like this song from all of our song, because this is where I get to see her y side here. She always took a few glances of me and gave me one of her rare y smiles. I always find her mysterious and her personality is kinda vague.

Then we practiced our other songs for the whole day. Dusk is seen outside of the windows then she suddenly approached me for the second time of the day.

“Lizzy ah, let’s go.” She said.

“Where?” I asked.

“I wanna buy dukbokki outside.”

“We still have dukbokki in the fridge we can reheat it if you want to.”

“I know but I wanna try dukbokki that are made outside.” I don’t like eating at all, but if this is the only thing where I can be alone with her. I wouldn’t be a trying to be hard to get person.

“Ok, then..”

We hid ourselves by wearing some excess clothing or some accessories. We don’t want the people outside panicking or dying to get near us or to get hurt because of us. It was almost dark when we went out me and her were wearing sun glasses at that hour. Yeah, sun glasses and scarf that were wrapped around our necks.

“Lizzy, there’s a stall there.” She grabbed my hand and ran to the stall that she told me to. We ate dukbokki that night. She always smiled at that night and I’ve only seen not too often. I would most likely see her with her cold stare or poker face.

“I want more..”And she bought another one.

“Nana ah..you’ll get fat.” I said with a grin forming on my lips.

“Lizzy ah~” The way she said my name was like a melody to my ears and her voice soothes me.

“Lizzy ah…I didn’t get a proper meal when we were promoting our album lipstick.” She held my hand tighter and squeezed it a little bit. My cheeks wouldn’t be redder if she wasn’t even holding my hand for the whole time. She was caressing the back of my hand using her thumb. I wanna let go of her hand, but my hand didn’t let go. We went back to the dorm and were still holding each other's hand. I wished that we were like that forever but I couldn’t understand these feelings of mine.

The next day I woke up again earlier than the others. I went to the music room to play piano and I saw E-young playing her guitar.

“E-young, you’re awake in this early hour?”

“I just wanna practice my part for tomorrow and I am rearranging the tabs for my solo.”

“Oh..”

“Why are you here?”

“I just wanna play piano before our practice starts.”

“Wanna play a duet?”

“Aren’t you rearranging that?” I asked.

“This is too simple I can do it in my head.”

“Ok then..” We played many bunch of songs that early in the morning.

~~Not Lizzy’s POV

From afar a blonde was watching them as she frowned how happy the two were.

Someone’s POV ended

When the time of the practice me and E-young headed to the practice room; we were talking about our classmates in university and how funny they were. The other members were stretching across the room. Raina oenni was practicing her vocals and as usual she was sitting at the corner of the room while watching the other members. E-young and I entered the room and greeted them.

“Good morning guys!” E-young and I said simultaneously.

“Good morning!” They said with smile on their faces except for one. She didn’t even greeted us back or even looked at me. The whole day practice was lonely without her interaction. It felt suddenly so empty I was never used to that kind of feeling. After the practice I asked her.

“Nana..” I said while she was lying on the floor and was looking at the ceiling.

“Yeh?”

“Are you mad at me?”

“No,” She answered coldly.

“You seem mad what did I do?”

“Nothing,” I’ve got another cold answer from her.

“Nana..I don’t get you sometimes, sometime you’re nice, then cold towards me. Then ignores me and if you sum it up that equals to ..you’re making me confuse.”I said it all that I wanted to tell for a long time. She only looked at me emotionless after all my ranting. She just stayed quiet and she didn’t even respond. She opened but she closed it again. Maybe she wanted to say something, but she decided not to tell me. I left her at the practice room and ran back to our room. I sat on the side of my bed while hugging my knees. I buried my face on my knees. I thought about my recent actions and I couldn’t remember a thing that she would avoid me like that. I felt hurt because of her coldness. She entered the room I looked up as usual she was wearing her poker face.

“Lizzy ah..” She called my name, but I didn’t respond. She sat next to me for a while before hugging me at the back. She rested her chin on my right shoulder and whispered.

“I’m sorry Lizzy ah…for making you confused. You’ll understand me one day.”

“Ok,” I only said.

We woke up early that morning, our bags and baggage’s were ready. We wore fashionable clothes before leaving the dorm. The van waited for us and after all the things were all set; we drove off to Incheon Airport. An hour of travel we'd arrived at the airport. Some people were taking fancam’s or taking pictures of us. I couldn’t remember how long we'd waited until we finally made our way to get on the plane. We went to the first class and we searched for our seats.

Me and her sat at the back and waited for the plane to take off. During the flight the pilot told us that the flight would be most likely a day in the sky. All the people at that time were sleeping I wasn’t asleep at that time. I was playing with my Ipod and sometimes I checked the window beside me and I took some pictures. She was sleeping peacefully while facing me. She suddenly spoke during her sleep I think.

“Lizzy…ah~” The way she called my name I felt I’m melting. My heart throbs in my chest so fast.

“Hmm????” But I’ve got no response. While watching her facial features like her closed eyes, nose, then to her lips. My eyes were fixated on her lips I was looking at them for a long time and she called me again. I didn’t notice that she was leaning forward, because I was looking at her cherry pink lips with the feeling of kissing them. She was dreaming of me? Why is she calling me? What are you dreaming Nana?

“Lizzy ah..I’m so-” She didn’t finish the last word as she closed the gap between us. I was surprised at the sudden kissed and my body became stiff for a while until I closed my eyes and then I realized I was kissing her back. My right hand moved on its own and I cupped her face. I felt like I was floating in the clouds with every kiss she was giving me. I couldn’t describe it more than that, because the feeling was so unexplainable. We were making out for maybe one to two minutes long. Then she stopped I removed my hand immediately on her face and my lips on hers.

“I just kissed my-” I touched my lips and I swore I could still feel her lips on mine.


Hey guys! this is my first fanfic for naliz I've never made one before.

I was baekren shipper before ahahaha.

I'm hoping you'll enjoy this.

English is not my first language.

If you saw some errors I want to say advance sorry aha.