New Boarding Member

Everyone Has Secrets

The doorbell rang, and everyone suddenly froze in place.

“I’ll get it!” Luhan chirped and pranced towards the door in his fluffy pink slippers. He took one, long look at the mirror by the hallway and patted his hair rollers into place, smiling at his reflection with satisfaction before opening the door.

 A tall, handsome blond man with an angry set of eyebrows greeted him.

The man had a black duffel bag swung over his shoulder and the front of his shirt was ed far enough to reveal a hint of a defined chest and smooth, pale skin. The man sported a pair of tight, dark denims that hugged his legs and thighs, leaving nothing to the imagination, especially the slight outline of something big in the crotch area. A forceful cough caused Luhan to snap his bewildered gaze away from the stranger’s crotch.

“Er, hi,” the man muttered. His thick eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he took in Luhan’s sheep-patterned, pink pajamas, matching pink slippers, pink hair rollers, and flat chest, not knowing whether to address the latter as a girl or guy. He rubbed the back of his neck and shifted the slipping straps of his duffel bag higher onto his shoulder, nervously shuffling his feet back and forth as Luhan continued to stare at the man, eyes bulging out of his sockets.

Clearing his throat, the stranger proceeded to awkwardly introduce himself. “I’m Kris. Is this the house of—”

“No,” a wild-eyed Luhan squeaked out and slammed the door in the man’s face. Luhan fell back against the door and drew in a sharp intake of air. The gears in his head turned frantically as he tried to string his incoherent thoughts together. That god-like creature must be looking for him. What else could he be here for? Certainly not for that kohl-rimmed named Baekhyun! Dread started seeping into his being. It was all Lay’s fault! He shouldn’t have agreed to model for Lay’s provocative massage pallor poster. Now, all of these strangers are knocking on the door, asking for him. His Sehun would be furiously jealous just like last time.

“Luhan, babe, who is it?”

Speaking of the devil, Sehun poked his head out of the kitchen.

“No one!” Luhan answered back, voice high-pitched. Crap. He squeezed his eyes shut in frustration when Sehun narrowed his eyes in disbelief.

The doorbell rang again, and Luhan cursed his luck. He watched in horror as Sehun made a move towards the door. Before he could stop his boyfriend, the door swung open, revealing the confused stranger.

“I’m looking for—.”

Sehun cut him off and said in a low voice, “He’s not here, and he’s mine. If you value your own life, I suggest you scram.”

The door slammed shut once more and Sehun spun around to face his boyfriend. “And you, how could you?”

Flabbergasted by his lover’s rude behavior, Luhan managed to splutter out, “How could I?!”

Yes,” Sehun stressed out, barely able to keep the anger from slipping into his voice. “How could you do this to me?!” he hollered out.

“It was just a poster!”

“Not just a poster, oh no.” Sehun’s voice was barely an audible whisper.

The doorbell continued to ring incessantly, and Sehun was about to march back to the door when Lay breezed on by, intercepting him and yanked open the door.

“Kris!” Lay exclaimed in excitement.

A pissed off angry bird stared at the three of them. “Is there something wrong with the manners of this house’s residents? They keep closing the door in front of my face.”

Sehun and Luhan’s faces colored at the statement.

Feigning obliviousness to the tension in the air between the three men, Lay clasped his hands together and ushered in a still-fuming Kris. Sehun moved to block the way, glowering up at the taller, blond man.

“Calm your balls, Romeo,” Lay said as he put a firm hand on Sehun’s chest, “Kris is not the enemy. He’s a friend. He’s here to see Suho about the new boarding arrangements.”

Sehun reluctantly stepped aside as Kris shuffled forward into the narrow hallway. As the door closed behind him, Kris suddenly felt the urge to flee while he still had the chance. Something was apparently really wrong with this house and its weird residents.

The androgynous person that answered the door earlier was obviously a male despite being drowned in excessive pink, and his unpleasant and overly jealous boyfriend was quick to jump into conclusions. 

The only familiar face was Lay, his sociology classmate, who is now too close for Kris’s own comfort.

“Don’t worry, you’ll enjoy it here…” Lay breathed down on his neck, voice laced with barely-concealed ual innuendo. Kris cringed inwardly, shivering slightly. Did Lay just pinch his ?

 

 


A/N: I figured that I won't be updating again, so I might as well post what I've written so far. I'm ending the story here with this chapter because I might not continue writing this story anymore.