One

MV Shenanigans

 

"What kind of monster are you supposed to be, TaeYang-ssi?" YoungBae's makeup artist was carefully, but effectively, evening out his skin tone whilst listening attentively. The young man thought for a few moments, but seemed to draw a blank. "You know, I have no idea!" His eyes curved into crescents just as he grinned. "Both SeungRi and I seem to just have a generic 'monster' thing going on," the makeup girl opened to offer a comment, but was interrupted by a loud commotion coming from the direction of the filming site.
 
Since they were sharing a dressing room (aka 'tent'), he and JiYong exchanged a startled glance and darted outside with only half of their respective costumes on. They met up with DaeSung and SeungRi, who were miraculously wearing their full costumes, and headed in the direction everyone else was going. Reaching the source of the disturbance, the boys were met with a crowd of coordinator ladies and cameramen gawking at the scene before them. The closer they got, the more clearly they could hear a voice yelling in obvious frustration.
 
"-- down here and into costume!" Soon enough, the four young men burst past the crowd and stare, open-mouthed, at TOP's wardrobe coordinator. She was shaking a pair of leather pants at a figure crouched at the top of a broken wall. Light brown hair tossing wildly in the wind, SeungHyun made quite a sight with his feet planted firmly on his perch, slender hands between them to stabilize his body. Framed by his knees and long fringe, his brows furrowed, a fierce glare was directed at his coordinator and he was hlaring for all he's worth. Which, as JiYong mused, is actually quite a lot considering this is THE Choi SeungHyun. Better known as BIGBANG's T.O.P.
 
"How come she hasn't spontaneously combusted yet?" SeungRi's voice was tinged with awe as well as clear humour. "That's quite a glare Tabi's trying to fry his coordi-noona with!" Snickering in amusement, DaeSung covered his mouth with one hand. "He's totally channeling Vick right now!" That almost-ridiculous claim had the four laughing again until their hyung's angry voice caught their attention.
 
"You're an evil ert! I don't want you to be my coordinator!" TOP was obviously unhappy, and the crew behind them were muttering amongst themselves, comments such as: 'can't believe TOP-ssi is being such a diva', and 'just because he doesn't want a costume?' and the worst: 'he should save the childish antics for interviews and variety shows'. YoungBae glared fiercely at that last one while the other three kept their attention on their hyung. Of course, none of the crew members knew the elder well enough to detect the genuine, sheer panic swimming just below that fiery anger.
 
The four of them however, could clearly see it in the downward tilt of his chin, the hunch of his shoulders, and the way he held himself perfectly still. Carefully, JiYong stepped further away from the crowd, and their hyung's wide eyes immediately snapped in his direction. His tense shoulders relaxed minutely, taking some comfort in the leader's presence; although he looked pretty ridiculous with only half of his 'fire' costume on. "What's wrong, Tabi?" He didn't bother looking at the coordinator, and she had enough sense to let GD deal with the crisis. Shooting another glare at the woman, SeungHyun carefully changed positions so he could tuck his knees below his chin and hug them to his chest.
 
"She wants to strip me and dress me in her indecent idea of a costume, Ji," his deep voice was disapproving and accusatory, but the younger boys heard the undercurrent of distress in his tone. Curiously, DaeSung approached the wardrobe coordinator assigned to TOP for that day's filming. "What's his costume supposed to be, noona?" Almost chagrined, the woman held up the pants clenched tightly in her fist and refused to meet any of their eyes. By this time, SeungRi and YoungBae had persuaded the rest of the crew to take a 15-minute break, assuring them that they could handle their hyung on their own.
 
"Seriously?!" The youngest's voice was understandably incredulous. "No wonder he freaked out! You want him to strut around half-! Jeez," TOP had flinched at the boy's sudden outburst, and still managed to keep his balance intact. "But this is what production wants him to wear! I'm just following instructions," the boys didn't completely believe her, but decided to let it go for the moment. 
 
"If it was production's idea, then they're a bunch of morons," Sol's voice dripped derision and the coordinator flinched, but nodded in agreement. "I'll see if I can find him something that's more . . . Acceptable," she warily glanced back at the upset idol and immediately looked away from his dark half-glower. She was thankful that his knees were blocking half his face. "Can you boys get him down while I go find him something else to wear? There's nothing on the other side of that wall and we really don't want him to take a fall today, of all days," then she scurried away to the tent that served as TOP's dressing room.
 
"Is she gone?" SeungHyun's voice had lost its forceful anger, pattering timidly and showing just how vulnerable he really felt to his younger bandmates. "Yeah, she's gone hyung," Dae reassured their eldest, who finally uncurled his long frame from its position. "Can you come down now, Tabi? You're kind of scaring us a little bit, up there," a nervous chuckle tumbled from his lips, genuinely concerned for TOP's physical safety.
 
"How did you even get up there, hyung?" SeungRi's curiosity itched, since there wasn't anything nearby that looked like it could be used to climb onto the wall. And Tabi's perch was at least 15 feet from the ground. Since the gawking crowd was gone, SeungHyun's carefree personality made its reappearance and he stuck his tongue out at the youngest. "Don't you know I was a spider monkey in a previous life?" This startled a laugh from his boys and a soft smile curled those distinctive, cat-like lips. Once they quieted though, JiYong gave the elder a no-nonsense look.
 
"Seriously, Tabi-ah, how did you get up there? That wall has no hand-holds at all," even looking ridiculous in half-costume, GD managed to mildly intimidate SeunHyun, who looked away with a tiny pout and shrugged. "Not tellin'," and then proceeded to turn around and slowly lower his body to hang from his previous roosting spot. He dangled, his weight held by his fingers, and suddenly let himself drop. This, understandably, nearly gave the four younger men a collective heart attack even ad they watched TOP land lightly on the balls of his feet, knees bent to soften the impact.
 
"SeungHyun!" "Tabi!" "Hyung!" "Pabo!" The four melodic voices mingled in their panic, swirling through the empty set and startling the subject of their cries. Straightening from his crouch, TOP turned toward his bandmates and was met with four bodies practically bum-rushing him. His back abruptly became rather intimately acquainted with the wall behind him and his ears were assaulted by spazzed out babbling.
 
"What were you thinking?!" Mother hen YoungBae.
"You could have been hurt!" Ever thoughtful DaeSung.
"That was scary! And dangerous, hyung!" Adorable SeungRi.
"Yah! You're supposed to leave BinguTOP at home!!" Yep, bossy Kwon Leadah.
 
Even though they were yelling at him and squeezing the ever-loving mush out of his ribs, SeungHyun smiled tenderly, somehow managing to drag his boys into a giant bear-hug. "Sorry, dongsaengs. I forgot you guys haven't gone with me when I have endurance training," and somehow, that explained everything. From how he got to the top of the wall, to his dismount mere moments ago. JiYong scowled, though the effect was ruined due to his cheek being mashed against the youngest's shoulder.
 
"Just . . . Don't do that again, Tabi-ah. Or at least warn us next time," he would later deny that his voice turned whiny at the end of that request. Releasing a low snicker, TOP agreed and released the boys.
 
"How about we get to filming this MV, then go out and do something fun?" Ji suggested, his answer coming out as enthisiastic cheers and whoops. The coordinator eventually found a costume that fit the concept and allowed SeungHyun to preserve his modesty. AND they filmed a totally kick- MV for their VIPs.