Chapter Two

The Tomboy

 

Just like any other 17 year old, Jihyun was in her classroom trying to not listen to Mrs Jae's lecture. It was something about Magnesium or the liver, she couldn't really understand. Mrs Jae was either talking too fast or too slow. If felt like time stopped and that the class won't ever dismiss. She looked at the time, it was 2:29 p.m. Ugh a minute takes forever, she groaned as she slammed her head on the table.

As a minute passed by, the bell rang and all the students stood up as they said thanks to the teacher. Jihyun put on her earphones and plugged it in her phone. The music soon came bursting through the speaker. It was one of the ways she could block out reality and just ignore the world.

"You Miss, have a meeting tomorrow!" Minhyuk said. His words suddenly rang in her thoughts. What meeting? She thought. She shook it off as she stood and walked to the cafeteria. Guys were running like mad to the counter for food. Girls with their petite self sat politely at the cafeteria tables. She let out a sigh.

"Hey Jihyun!" someone said as he touched her shoulder. She turned around and plucked out one of her earpiece. 

"Oh hey." she said plainly.

"Typical. Stop listening to music when you're in somewhere private." He made a face and folded his arms.

"Let me be, Youngjae." 

"When on Earth are you going to called me oppa?" Youngjae smirked and said.

"Never." she replied as she turned to the counter and picked out her food.

"Oh come on-"

"I never call anyone oppa. So deal with it." she said without having a glance of him.

"Fine." Youngjae then began selecting his food.

She looked at him with pity as she began saying, "No offence really. I just don't called anyone oppa. Or even unnie. So you're not the only one." she gave him a tiny smile then paid her food.

"Yeah I understand. You're like a brother to me anyway. How bout' hyung?" he laughed and paid his.

She felt her heart being stabbed. It hurts so much that she held her chest. She felt her heartbeat then her hands weaken. She felt like hitting everyone around her, screaming to their faces. But it was just her feelings. She meekly looked up at him and said, "Not even hyung." she tried to smile.

Why does it hurt? I'm used to being called this way so... why? She thought. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ35w6WtHnY5Iq8tqJ6VTp

As classes ended, she packed her bag then walked in the hallway.

"Noona!" she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. "I told you to wait for me last night!" Jongup said. 

She took his arms off her and made a face. "I don't wait for anyone remember?" she replied. 

"But, I'm your dongsaeng! Pity this dongsaeng, will you?" he said as he clasped his hands together.

She laughed, "No." 

He stomped his feet, "I wonder why I even like you!" then went on his way, leaving her alone in the hallway.

"Weird kid." she said to herself.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ35w6WtHnY5Iq8tqJ6VTp

Her phone began to vibrate as she picked it up, "Hello?" she asked.

"Jihyun-ah?" the voice rang. Jihyun knew that voice, it sounded so familiar.

"N-naeun?" she said, hoping that it was.

"Jihyun ah!!" the phone speaker screamed. She put the phone away from her ear as she cringed her eyebrows then put it back to her ear.

"What's up?" she asked her.

Naeun was her one and only best friend. And maybe the only 'girl' friend she has ever had. That was probably because Naeun was her childhood friend. They lived in the same block, always coming by to each other's houses. They used to wear worker boots and play in the mud under the rain. They got scolded together, laughed and cried. Jihyun couldn't ever deny the thought, Naeun was her forever best friend.

But Naeun was the total opposite of Jihyun. That was probably because they separated at the age of 8 and Jihyun went living with her dad and his friends. His friend's sons are now her best friends. 'The idiots' is was she'd call them. Though they separated, fate told them to never break this friendship.

And it was never broken ever.

"Oh nothing! I got your number from Sungjae. Saw him at the mall a couple of days ago. He's quite handsome now." she commented as she let out a giggle.

"Don't tell me you like the boy?" She said in antipation as she folded her legs and sat up straight.

"No no! I'm just saying he's cute." Naeun explained.

"Right. And don't come running to me when you do like him, ok?" Jihyun burst laughing.

"So, I was thinking of a date?" Naeun said as Jihyun was guessing she was tapping her chin.

"I knew you like him!" Jihyun said, sounded rather girly.

"What? No! I meant you and me." Naeun laughed.

She cringed her eyebrows and made a face to herself, "You know, eventhough I'm like this, does't mean I'm a lesbian. I'm still straight." she said plainly. 

" no. Just wanted to catch up, you!" 

"Alright-"

"Jihyun! You got a meeting!" Sungjae screamed from the other room.

She groaned, "Well, I'd love to meet up but later okay? The idiots say I have meeting or something. Bye!" Jihyun bidded and ended the call. She then crawled downstairs as she sat at the sofa.

Minhyuk came in and saw her, "At least wear something decent. Like.." he went into his room and brought out some clothes, "...these." He threw it to her as she swiftly caught it.

It was a light yellow cropped top and black tights. She made a face and looked at him, "Where'd you get these?" 

"Well.. Uhm.. I have my ways." he said as he quickly went in the kitchen.

She shifted her eyes to the clothes and sighed. Why should I even wear these?! She thought. Maybe it's a party for me. Maybe I should listen to Ilhoon. Hmm.. Maybe. She thought again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ35w6WtHnY5Iq8tqJ6VTp

As soon as she was ready, she went down to see tech stuff being set up in the living room. She wanted to scream at the shock she was having but before she could, Ilhoon's palm shut her up. Then he put his finger on his lips. "What's going on?!" she hissed.

He smirked, "Just wait till it starts okay?" he pinched her chubby cheeks then left. 

She looked around, a DJ table was in the middle of the room, speakers, headphones, microphones and other techno stuff. She thought she was going to lose it but like what Ilhoon told her, to wait. And she did so.

"Can I say that this is terribly ridiculous? In our home, really?" Jihyun said to herself loudly.

"Well, yeah. We knew that you wouldn't agree to go to the studio, so we brought the studio to you. Well, just the main part of the studio I guess." Sungjae said as he his ice cream.

"What are you crapping? You don't make sense right now." She said as she tapped her fingers on the wall.

"I do make sense, It's just you who's confused." Sungjae said then left to his room.

Why does eveyone always leave me hanging?! She thought furiously.

"Camera 1 set. Camera 2 set. Camera 3 set. Ready." one of the men said.

Another came infront of him with a book, "Microphones tested and speakers are ready." they nodded.

There was a knocking on the door and Minhyuk went to answer it. Then she saw a tall handsome guy with flawless brown hair. His fashion sense weren't that bad at all. He had quite a nice body with an ideal type of height.

She stared at the guest who walked through the living room and to the kitchen counter.

"5 minutes guys!" a man with a cap said.

She looked at the moniter of one of the camera screens and saw the title: "Match-making Time!"

She blinked twice, or maybe 6 times. 

"Jihyun! Daehyun! To the sofa and get ready." a man said.

"W-What? Why?" she tried talking as Minhyuk pulled her to the sofa.

"Relax, You're finally meeting your future boyfriend." Minhyuk winked then left her at the sofa.

Boyfriend?! She thought.